What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

game might be called off

Bicey_18

Bench
A mid week game perhaps.. who knows when they could re schedule it but surely this game wont be played on Sunday. Stranger's idea isnt a bad one actually... if the game cant be re scheduled then give each team a point

Gene Krupa

Referee
No they are both bad ideas! I payed money for a game, so I want value for my money yet if they play a midweek game, then we're assured of having players exhaused buy playing three games in a week.

smeghead

Bench
I will delay my trip to Sunday for the game if it is still on.

Regardless of the game wishing all the best for those people affected by this weather

knights9

Juniors
Change locations ? Maybe make this a Tigers home game and make the round 26 clash a Knights home game.

Risa

Bench
I got home like half an hour ago...massive mud slide at Wondabyne...

Driving home from Woy Woy station was just scary...never seen anything like it

[furrycat]

Coach
Bring it home Knights said:
I can't see the game called off. I'm sure they would hire a super sopper if it came to that.

LOL :lol:

Have you not watched the news?

Its a natural disaster zone here- officially declared. A super sopper isn't goign to do sh*t.

Frederick

Staff member
Bring it home Knights said:
I can't see the game called off. I'm sure they would hire a super sopper if it came to that.
Yeah, with half the city underwater, giant tankers being forced towards our beaches, and the area declared a national disaster zone, i'm sure a footy match is high on the agenda :roll:

Tom Shines

First Grade
Best wishes to all affected up there — its pretty bad down in Sydney but still better than the Hunter.
Let's hope we can get a game of footy out of all this.

same, my best wishes to everyone up there in newcastle and hopefully a small proportion of that rain comes down here to canberra

Yosh

Coach
Yeah pretty hectic, when was the last time it happen? What happens if it does happen.

If its really bad conditions, I think it works towards us, like we were pretty much garenteed to lose I reakon with all our players out, but with this kind of weather anything can happen. Hope the game goes on.

Also, hopefully this bad weather stops soon, lots of people getting hurt, and like trees falling down everywhere. Drove past a house today, and like a 15m tree fell onto the road right, if it fell the other way would of crushed into the house. Pretty hectic

innsaneink

Referee
Funny all these reports on here of newcastle and the stadium under 1m of water, you'd think that would be pretty newsworthy....but no, nothing on TV or radio news that I can see, theres the boat on the beach, the hwy washed away, the rock slide, but no city under water.

Stuzmeister

Juniors
Hope everyone's ok up there in Newey and I hope we see a game of some sort soon. Whether its tomorrow in Newey or a second Monday night game in Sydney or something else.

Pika

Bench
The ground is not under 1m of water.

Turton Road was flooded for a couple of hours.

I live 250m from the ground and the roads are fine, and no sign of flooding.

I was at the admin building as late as 5.oopm yesterday and there was no flooding.

The game is still over 24 hours away, even with the forecasted rain this afternoon, it should be fine.

Lower grades called off at the most.

A big glass of toughen up all round lads!

guy from the knights was talking on the radio up here half hr or so ago............AT THIS POINT ALL GAMES ARE DEFINITELY GOING AHEAD........gates opening round 9 ish.........will relay any other info as it becomes available

Belly07

Juniors
Stranger said:
:lol:!!!

when was the last time a FG match was called off?

Newcastle had a games against Souths called off due to wet weather in Newcastle several seasons ago

Latest posts