What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

game might be called off

Gene Krupa

Referee
Pika said:
The ground is not under 1m of water.

Turton Road was flooded for a couple of hours.

I live 250m from the ground and the roads are fine, and no sign of flooding.

I was at the admin building as late as 5.oopm yesterday and there was no flooding.

The game is still over 24 hours away, even with the forecasted rain this afternoon, it should be fine.

Lower grades called off at the most.

A big glass of toughen up all round lads!

Really? So the Herald today saying that the supporters store was flooded and had lost thousands od $ worth of stock was a lie?

RABK

Referee
innsaneink said:
Funny all these reports on here of newcastle and the stadium under 1m of water, you'd think that would be pretty newsworthy....but no, nothing on TV or radio news that I can see, theres the boat on the beach, the hwy washed away, the rock slide, but no city under water.

That was my thoughts exactly.

Pika said:
The ground is not under 1m of water.

Turton Road was flooded for a couple of hours.

I live 250m from the ground and the roads are fine, and no sign of flooding.

I was at the admin building as late as 5.oopm yesterday and there was no flooding.

The game is still over 24 hours away, even with the forecasted rain this afternoon, it should be fine.

Lower grades called off at the most.

A big glass of toughen up all round lads!

Thanks for clearing that up.

Misanthrope

Staff member
:lol:

Was talking to Randy before, and he's only in Georgetown, and he said he hadn't seen anything to indicate the game'd be called off. Not as definitive a response as Pika's, but further weight to the 'say no to flooding sensationalising' cause :p

RABK

Referee
Randy was seen walking down King St this morning though...

homer_tubing.gif

Pika

Bench
Gene Krupa said:
Really? So the Herald today saying that the supporters store was flooded and had lost thousands od $ worth of stock was a lie?

Exageration.

Maybe $100 worth of cheap carpet.

Believe who you want Gene.

Another storm front on its way.......

CycloneSteve

Juniors
My family and I were planning on coming up this weekend to visit family and go to the game. Damn good thing we decided to cancel due to the massive amounts of school reports my wife and I still have to do. I think in any case we would have cancelled our trip anyway. My brother lives in Warnes Bay and he said that the lake had risen up to almost reach The Esplanade. Scary stuff guys. We are copping a windy battering here in Goulburn but nothing compared to what you guys are experiencing. I honestly hope that sanity prevails and they postpone the game. Is it really worth risking injuries to players? I would expect the crowd to be like last nights also...pretty low.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Pika said:
Exageration.

Maybe $100 worth of cheap carpet.

Believe who you want Gene.

Another storm front on its way.......

Really? An exageration, eh? Did you venture out anywhere other than there? Were you there all day and night? Take a walk over there now and tell me it's an exageration.

All these people who don't live in the area or who haven't ventured further than their back yards should STFU! I was out all day in the weather and there was extensive flooding in areas that there has never been before. You don't run a 40,000 tonne ship aground in light winds. (Unless you are drunk and in Alaska.)

Pika

Bench
Cry me a river Gene. (pun)

I was just telling you what I saw at 5.00pm yesterday.

Dont get all sooky for telling you what was there.

I have been out all morning. Kids to ballet, shops at Waratah..... been well past the back yard.

Place is a bit of a mess. It will be cleaned up.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Jesus Gene, take a chill pill. Pika commented on what she knew about the Knights Store, and you've jumped on your high horse about something entirely different.

Randy was seen walking down King St this morning though...

Yeah, he was lost. :p

Pika

Bench
CWBush said:
Jesus Gene, take a chill pill. Pika commented on what she knew about the Knights Store, and you've jumped on your high horse about something entirely different.

Yeah, he was lost. :p

Pika is a he mate.

Hahaha.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Pika said:
Cry me a river Gene. (pun)

I was just telling you what I saw at 5.00pm yesterday.

Dont get all sooky for telling you what was there.

I have been out all morning. Kids to ballet, shops at Waratah..... been well past the back yard.

Place is a bit of a mess. It will be cleaned up.

I wasn't talking about today! :roll:

wherring

Juniors
Sunday's game against the Wests Tigers is still on though some times have changed.

Gates now open at 10.30am for members and season ticket holders and 10.45am for the general public.

Deaf Interstate NSW v Queensland kicks off at 11am, followed by Premier League at 1pm and First Grade at 3pm.

Tickets will be available from the main gate from 9am on Sunday. Tickets can be booked today online at www.ticketmaster.com.au or phone Ticketmaster on 136 100.

wherring

Juniors
It's roughly $12.50 from memory (sorry don't have the prices with me), the $8 deal between the clubs ended last year.

keeney

First Grade
Weather won't stop Knights
By David Beniuk
June 09, 2007 NEWCASTLE officials are confident EnergyAustralia Stadium will recover from torrential rain and flooding in time for tomorrow's NRL clash with Wests Tigers.

The immediate area around the stadium has been flooded and the Knights' administration office lost its roof in yesterday's wild weather, which resulted in a natural disaster being declared by the New South Wales government in the Hunter region.

A Knights spokesman said the playing surface was covered with water yesterday but drainage at the ground was working well, although today's training session was abandoned.

Tomorrow's Jersey Flegg match between Newcastle and Wests has been called off, but three matches are still scheduled to go ahead at EnergyAustralia Stadium - a NSW versus Queensland fixture between deaf players, the Premier League match between Newcastle and Wests and the NRL match at 3pm (AEST).

Stand-in Newcastle captain Kirk Reynoldson said he's expecting tomorrow's match - the first at home since Knights coach Brian Smith declared several off-contract players were not in his plans beyond 2007 - to be his most emotional since joining the club.

"I went for a drive this morning, it looks like a movie," Reynoldson said.

"I wasn't here when the (1989) earthquake was on but . . . I reckon it will be a sellout.

"I think it will be one of those situations where it's probably the only positive stuff to come out of a bad weekend.

"It might bring the town together . . . I think that's what Newcastle has represented over the last 20 years of the team's existence."

Officials say ticket sales this week were already the highest for 2007 and they expect a crowd of over 20,000.

AAP

20,000 wow. I'd say not a chance as it stands atm. Good to see we've still got revenue coming through though.

Latest posts