What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of the year?

simostorm

Bench
It was absolutly horrible.. worse game ive ever seen.. haha..

Great defensive effort from Melbourne though.. to hang on like they did, when Warriors were throwing attack at them set after set, and still be in with a shot to win the game with a few minutes to go..

Big Pete

Referee
I thought NQ v Brisbane in Rd 1 was a great game considering it was both teams first game back for the year and it was nice and close up until the hooter

But.......

Last night, last weeks Broncos v dragons and tigers v warriors definetley the 3 best games of the year.

Cows were good but the Broncos played like s**t.

Some really stupid plays that night from them.

Bias yes but Raiders vs Dragons earlier in the year. Soward slotting a field goal with 80 seconds to go and then Duges scoring in literally THE dying seconds. :cool:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Games I really enjoyed for reasons other than simply a Saints win:

Brisbane vs Cowboys, round 1
Easts vs LOL@540uff$, round 1
Newcastle vs Dragons, round 4
Souffs vs Dragons, round 6
Melbourne vs Warriors, round 7
Cowboys vs Manly, round 8
Brisbane vs Melbourne, round 9
Dogs vs Dragons, round 10
Dragons vs Manly, round 16
Penrith vs Parra, round 19
Melbourne vs Brisbane, round 20
Tigers vs Dragons, round 22
Brisbane vs Warriors, round 22
Melbourne vs Dragons, round 24
Manly vs Melbourne, round 25
Dragons vs Warriors, round 25
Newcastle vs LOL@50uff$, round 26
Brisbane vs Manly, round 26
Tigers vs Dragons, finals week 1
Tigers vs Warriors, finals week 2
Brisbane vs Dragons, finals week 2
Melbourne vs Warriors, finals week 3

Bias yes but Raiders vs Dragons earlier in the year. Soward slotting a field goal with 80 seconds to go and then Duges scoring in literally THE dying seconds. :cool:

*not scoring :p

dclayw

Juniors
last weeks dragons v broncos game was a cracker too, worth contender
weeks 2 and 3 have been amongst the best in years this finals series
I agree, the best for some years and it came on the back of a pretty ordinary week 1, except for the dragons/tigers game, probably the worst week 1 for some years.

Clifferd

Coach
There was a heap of brilliant games this year, but when I think of great games this year these games come straight to my mind

Tigers V Dragons (Week 1 QF)
Brisbane V Dragons (Week 2 SF)
Melbourne V Warriors (Week 3 PF)
Penrith V Eels (Round 19)
Eels V Bulldogs (Round 6)

And of course I could never forget that famous 26-22 win to the Tigers over the Warriors in round 14. Tigers were down and out losing 22-4 with about 20 mins to go, Warriors were just dominating all around and looked like putting a few more tries on. The Tigers pulled a rabbit out of the hat and won in a thriller

Last edited:
Storm vs Warriors is one of the top 5 for sure, as for regular season games how about Cowboys vs Eels it which a Luke Burt try in the dying minutes seal the game. It was a back and forth affair one of my personal favorite games despite the result.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Eels V Bulldogs (Round 6)
Easily my favourite game of the year just in front of Round 25 v Knights but wasn't sure whether it classified as one of the best NRL games of the year.

LatK7

First Grade
Dragons vs Broncos
Warriors vs Storm

Both sensational finals games and two of the best this season.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Would like to say yes but the fact that the power went out the very second half time was blown meant i missed half of the game.

My top 5 would be

Roosters V vermin RD1
Canberra v the merge i.e the comeback
Brisbane v the merge semi
Warriors V tigers semi
Anzac day

Also Manly v souths and tigers at gosford were top games as well

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
1. Dragons v Broncos SF
2. Warriors v Storm PF
3. Knights v Cowboys R18
4. Warriors v Tigers SF
5. Bulldogs v Dragons R10 (biased, yes.)

Needs more Dragons v Rabbitohs. The one where we won 16-0.

That game was an absolute cracker despite it was like 0-0 until 15 mins to go.

redvwhite

Juniors
Broncos vs Dragons SF...but a shame it was decided by a one pointer and not a try. Last night's game was up there with it just about, very fast paced.

Raider_69

Post Whore
With green goggles firmly on, the dragons v raiders game lived up to hype and was in the top 10 games ive seen this year. Not the best, probably not top 5, but a contender for the top 10. Really high quality, physical game

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Needs more Dragons v Rabbitohs. The one where we won 16-0.

That game was an absolute cracker despite it was like 0-0 until 15 mins to go.

Yes forgot about that game! Brutal defence from both sides. Love the intensity of low scoring games like that

mongoose

Coach
The Broncos vs Dragons was a slightly better quality game but I enjoyed the Storm vs Warriors game more, probably because i cared more about the result.