What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

Danish

Referee
Really? I feel like that's the worst thing about the show now tbh. Most characters are now encased in thick plot armour. At least we've had 1 important person for this season - a dragon. No one else of consequence has died.

True enough, but realistically the only people who have actual shit to do is Dany and Jon. Literally anyone else can die at any minute.

The odds of us losing less than 2 major characters next week is very low, and who it will be is completely random

perverse

Referee
True enough, but realistically the only people who have actual shit to do is Dany and Jon. Literally anyone else can die at any minute.

The odds of us losing less than 2 major characters next week is very low, and who it will be is completely random
I hope you're right, but I'll be surprised to see anyone of note die. There are plenty of characters they could have killed this season - anyone who has been doing nothing at winterfell for the last few eps for starters. Anyone at kings landing. Jamie could have died in the river. They just won't pull the trigger anymore, which just disconnects me from the stakes that we used to feel earlier in the show. It feels like we have a locked-in cast now and it eats dicks imo.

The action in this season has been great. Literally everything else has been 5/10 at best imo. Way way WAY too much fan service and giving us what we want.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Well considering the Dragon is now a wight, some fire from either the other Dragons should be able to end it

As parra pride pointed out in the spoiler tags, the wight dragon will most likely be blowing ice and will freeze anything in its path

Ice v Fire will be a great battle

McNulty

Juniors
Humans vs Wights - humans win easy

I'd assume a living dragon vs a wight should follow the same rule. Right?

Parra Pride

Referee

Doubt it. Cersei is a crazy merkin but she isn't dumb, she won't risk taking out anyone on Dany's side because she knows she can't win that fight straight up. If anyone is dying it's someone up at Winterfell, which would probably only be Littlefinger.

Humans vs Wights - humans win easy

I'd assume a living dragon vs a wight should follow the same rule. Right?

A lot of people seem to be going with it being a Walker (flyer?) rather than a wight, which would complicate it a lot you would think. All previous evidence in the show suggests it would just be a wight, however Drogon or Rheagal just breathing in it's direction seems like way too easy a way for something like that to go down.

nick87

Coach
That episode should have been called Deus Ex Machina

Even as someone who has never given a single f**k about the time travel issue, to me that's just the way shows need to do it sometimes, and who wants to see 36 seasons of a show where 30 of them are just people travelling

But even I felt that Gendry getting all the way back to eastwatch, a raven getting all the way to Dragonstone, and then the dragons getting all the way north before they froze to death was absurd

And it wasn't needed! They could have just had Bran be the three eyed raven and convince Dany to go on a hunch! Problem solved!

Game_Breaker

Coach
That episode should have been called Deus Ex Machina

Even as someone who has never given a single f**k about the time travel issue, to me that's just the way shows need to do it sometimes, and who wants to see 36 seasons of a show where 30 of them are just people travelling

But even I felt that Gendry getting all the way back to eastwatch, a raven getting all the way to Dragonstone, and then the dragons getting all the way north before they froze to death was absurd

And it wasn't needed! They could have just had Bran be the three eyed raven and convince Dany to go on a hunch! Problem solved!

I think it took more than one day for all that to happen. The daylight was different throughout the episode

Game_Breaker

Coach
I genuinely did not like that the brought a couple red shirts along with them though who all predictably bought it in predictable fashion. What odds a dead bear charges the team and managed to attack one of the 2 unnamed characters? Seemed stupid.

The dead bear was just used to remind us that animals can be wights. Foreshadowing the un-dead dragon

Haffa

f**k the dragons, that bullet speed raven could kill everyone!
7lzGCddYuIN0zd4e4Pr7ch9kwkl-fDMrPYS8t7GsQBY.jpg

Vozzy

Juniors
The trailer for episode 7 looks like they are in an arena. Wonder if we will get Cleganebowl? That's when I hope plot armor doesn't come into play. I'm really annoyed we haven't seen more of the mountain now he is a monster now.

nick87

Coach
I think it took more than one day for all that to happen. The daylight was different throughout the episode

Ok

So why did the night king just sit on his hands waiting it out if he's got a f**king javelin that can skewer a dragon from a mile away?
Did Gendry just run non stop for 24+ hours to get back?
The ice breaks at just the right moment?

Sorry but there was just a little too much here to forgive haha

Haffa

The trailer for episode 7 looks like they are in an arena. Wonder if we will get Cleganebowl? That's when I hope plot armor doesn't come into play. I'm really annoyed we haven't seen more of the mountain now he is a monster now.
It's Dragonpit. It's where the Targs used to keep the Royal Dragons.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Ok

So why did the night king just sit on his hands waiting it out if he's got a f**king javelin that can skewer a dragon from a mile away?

I don't think it took gendry 24 hrs to get to eastwatch, just for the raven to Dany and Dany flying north of the wall

What I want to know is where did the white walkers get those big ass chains from and how did they tie it to the dragon.

Haffa

Ok

Theres a theory that he has similar powers to Bran and was waiting knowing Dany would show.

nick87

Coach
I don't think it took gendry 24 hrs to get to eastwatch, just for the raven to Dany and Dany flying north of the wall

What I want to know is where did the white walkers get those big ass chains from and how did they tie it to the dragon.

How about why when Jon killed the Walker did all but one of them die?
Like it's all just too convienent

What perverse said above to is spot on and links in
This season has been way to predictable and whilst it's had it's wow moments, there hasn't been a legit shock

Tommy Smith

Referee
For anyone disappointed that more main characters aren't dying, you must remember that they don't have to die.

It's not like a basic maths principle where we must kill 3 main characters every season.

Sometimes they die in clumps like the Red Wedding so equally I don't feel jipped if most survive for 6 episodes of Season 7.

Latest posts