What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

Zachary Smith

Juniors
How about why when Jon killed the Walker did all but one of them die?
Like it's all just too convienent

Maybe that one walker didn't report to the commander that was killed and was put there to suck them in?

Not sure why they were trying to kidnap one of the walkers, can anyone explain?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Maybe that one walker didn't report to the commander that was killed and was put there to suck them in?

Not sure why they were trying to kidnap one of the walkers, can anyone explain?
To take it back to Kings Landing as proof to try and convince Cersei that the real threat is the Night King.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Thought it was great episode, yeh some of the timelines are getting farfetched but f**k it who cares we have waited 6 seasons for shit to happen.. now shit is finally happening and people are complaining it's too quick?

Thing that mainly annoyed me was where the f**k did the army get 4 massive steel chains in the middle of f**king nowhere?

Maybe I'm just missing something obvious but I thought that was geniused

Parra Pride

Referee
How about why when Jon killed the Walker did all but one of them die?
Like it's all just too convienent

The going theory is that the Walkers warg the dead, and so when the Walker who turned specific wights dies his wights die with him. If this is the case, it's not out of the question that at the very least the Night King knows what is going to happen just as Bran does, and it's all ultimately just a trap to get a dragon.

For anyone disappointed that more main characters aren't dying, you must remember that they don't have to die.

It's not like a basic maths principle where we must kill 3 main characters every season.

Sometimes they die in clumps like the Red Wedding so equally I don't feel jipped if most survive for 6 episodes of Season 7.

Also a f**king Dragon just died.

Parra Pride

Referee
Thought it was great episode, yeh some of the timelines are getting farfetched but f**k it who cares we have waited 6 seasons for shit to happen.. now shit is finally happening and people are complaining it's too quick?

Thing that mainly annoyed me was where the f**k did the army get 4 massive steel chains in the middle of f**king nowhere?

Maybe I'm just missing something obvious but I thought that was geniused

Giants had chains they were using to try and pull down the gate to Castle Black in season four, we have already seen giant Wights, there is your source of chains. If the Night King is really able to see the future much like Bran he would have been well prepared.

Vozzy

Juniors
Not sure if this has been discussed but I just saw on a episode review a thing I didn't notice. Apparently when Jon Snow came out of the water at the end his sword "longclaw" eyes turned blue on the handle. I don't know what this means is his sword now no good to kill a white walker?

nick87

Coach
We're making an awful lot of assumptions about plot holes here boys and girls
haha

Look i still loved the ep and i watched it whilst ignoring my children because im a terrible father and human being... im just saying there is some issues with this season, and this ep kind of took things to the next level

I think next weeks ep is going to be a banger. And then i expect the first 2 eps of next year to have similar plot hole issues in order to get things to a point where they can just roll out 3 absolute f**king epics to end it

I just... i just wish they played this final 12 eps out over 2 full 10 ep seasons so they could give it a little more nuance.

But if i can say something positive about it, i f**king ADORE how hard Tormund is for Brienne. That's a bit i can't get enough of.

Parra Pride

Referee
Not sure if this has been discussed but I just saw on a episode review a thing I didn't notice. Apparently when Jon Snow came out of the water at the end his sword "longclaw" eyes turned blue on the handle. I don't know what this means is his sword now no good to kill a white walker?

It just looks like a reflection that a lot of people are playing up as being bigger than it is.

Shorty

Staff member
Ok

So why did the night king just sit on his hands waiting it out if he's got a f**king javelin that can skewer a dragon from a mile away?
Did Gendry just run non stop for 24+ hours to get back?
The ice breaks at just the right moment?

Sorry but there was just a little too much here to forgive haha
I think these are clues rather than fan service.
There's a massive theory about Bran/Night King and this last episode has me fully believing it.
I encourage everyone to read up on it, I think it holds weight.

Side note I DIED when Jon said 'My Queen'.
I am shipping these two hardcore, incest be damned!

Parra

Referee
Why the f**k did those merkins walk into the north rather than ride.

And why the f**k did those merkins not take some of those light speed ravens with them rather than force gendry to run 50 consectutive 1 minute miles?

Insta-ravens are awesome. Horses are useful.

Game_Breaker

Coach
There's a massive theory about Bran/Night King and this last episode has me fully believing it.

The hole with that is we saw the Night King being 'created' by the children of the forest, and it wasn't Bran

Game_Breaker

Coach
The theory is essentially that Bran will go back to that same point, Warg into the man who becomes the Night King and end up stuck in that body when the Children turn him.

The time loop could work, but I think it will be too confusing for tv. I have my money a main character turning into a white walker.

Jon sacrificing himself to kill the night king is how i think the series will end.

Parra Pride

Referee
The time loop could work, but I think it will be too confusing for tv. I have my money a main character turning into a white walker.

We already have one time loop established though with Hodor, and it was shown rather simply. Bran getting stuck in the body of the Night King wouldn't have to be any more complicated than that. Same theory also has Bran as the reason Aerys becomes the mad king.

Apey

Staff member
I think the Bran = Night King theory is pretty shit tbh. At least the evidence for it is lame and some of it deliberately left out of its wider context (eg. "From you" wasn't directed at Bran since "From Man" directly followed).

Anyway for main characters not dying I think they're saving a lot of them to die in Season 8. This season, whilst good on its own, is a set up for Season 8 anyway. I think pretty much everyone becomes expendable next season, bar maybe the 5 characters that were originally outlined not to die by GRRM (imo that hasn't changed). I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Jamie has made his way into #6 though.

The complaints of no main characters dying are funny because at the same time there are complaints of predictability which I think are at direct odds with each other. You think they're locked in now because they made it through this season and then all of a sudden they will be dead... just probably not this season.

BennyV

Referee

There's also a whole lot of foreshadowing with these 2 discussing children - Dany mentioned twice this episode that she can't have kids for the first time in, like, forever, and Jonah hands Longclaw back to Jon saying something along the lines of it now belonging to him and his children (specifically his children, not his family).

They are totally going to make babies.

And not giant babies who would conquer the world, like Tormund and Brienne.

We're making an awful lot of assumptions about plot holes here boys and girls
haha

Look i still loved the ep and i watched it whilst ignoring my children because im a terrible father and human being... im just saying there is some issues with this season, and this ep kind of took things to the next level

I think next weeks ep is going to be a banger. And then i expect the first 2 eps of next year to have similar plot hole issues in order to get things to a point where they can just roll out 3 absolute f**king epics to end it

I just... i just wish they played this final 12 eps out over 2 full 10 ep seasons so they could give it a little more nuance.

But if i can say something positive about it, i f**king ADORE how hard Tormund is for Brienne. That's a bit i can't get enough of.
I hope he does win her

I'll be heartbroken if he doesn't, Tormund and Brianne will make little Stark named babies

I can see Jamie as the self sacrificing hero to take out the night king foreshadowed by Joffrey being a little merkin with the Kingswatch book

For lack of better non wrestling terms Brianne has him as a tweener, before brianne and with hand he was a total merkin

Post Brianne-hand adventure he's been turning face and only love for his sister is keeping him from being a fully fledged good bloke

I think Littlefinger dies next Monday, assasinated by Arya at the request of the lady of Winterfell

I loved the budding bromance between Tormund and Sandor, especially the dick talk

I think the game changing dragon will be a bit easier to overcome if the alliance comes to fruition between north and south, f**king scorpion bolt with a dragonglass tip should do the trick

Latest posts