What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

Parra Pride

Referee
Question:

How would a wight dragon breathe fire?

How can a dragon even be a wight? I thought they were on opposite ends of the magic scale?

Legends of ice dragons exist within the lore of Game of Thrones, if that is the direction they do take it it's breath will be extreme cold rather than fire.

It was mentioned by the Warlock back in season two or three that being near Dragons increase the power of their magic, so this is in all likelihood going to have a much bigger effect on things to come aside from simply putting a dragon on the side of the dead. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Jon's suicide mission is ultimately what gives the Night King the power to break the wall.

Aragorn

First Grade
I read some leaked scripts for season 8

Was pretty awesome but i have no idea if it was fan made or real...

Game_Breaker

Coach
I have a theory

We have a Night King but no Night Queen

What if Cersei becomes a Night Queen? She can cut some sort of deal to keep her in power. She's definitely the type to make a deal with the devil

Lol

They forgot to add the cgi

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I found a good copy and watched. Damn does it suck that this season is only 7 eps long.

The cost was huge (literally), but they got the job done. They have a live walker in tow. Honestly can't wait to see the look on Cersei's face when she gets a load of that. Suddenly she's far from the only soulless husk in the 7 kingdoms. This stuff with Arya and Sansa seems to be more than appearances suggest as well. Arya knows.

saint.nick

Coach
I think I've figured out why the NK killed Viserion first instead of Drogon, it's because it meant a better chance of killing at least two dragons. He could have attacked Drogon first, but then the other two dragons would have still been in the sky, with the high ground, and also with a far higher degree of vigilance. But by killing an unsuspecting Viserion first, he already eliminates one of the dragons with the high ground, while Drogon is still on the ground loading passengers like a sitting duck, and is a theoretically easier kill.

Holy shit that was rad! Usually I stay away from leaks but I couldn't help myself this time. Only one more episode left makes me so sad.

Seriously the battle of Dragons is going to be is something of a great magnitude, that will blow anything that we've seen already out of the water.

Also I'm surprised only the magic priest dude and Benjen died, very unGOT like. Thought Tormund was gone a couple times as well though.

I'm still kinda unsure why Benjen didn't go with Jon, he said there wasn't time but that didn't really make sense.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Holy shit that was rad! Usually I stay away from leaks but I couldn't help myself this time. Only one more episode left makes me so sad.

Seriously the battle of Dragons is going to be is something of a great magnitude, that will blow anything that we've seen already out of the water.

Also I'm surprised only the magic priest dude and Benjen died, very unGOT like. Thought Tormund was gone a couple times as well though.

I'm still kinda unsure why Benjen didn't go with Jon, he said there wasn't time but that didn't really make sense.

If you go back to last season when Benjen drops Bran off near the wall, Bran asks him the same thing, and Benjen explains that since he is already partially White Walker, the magic that makes up the Wall won't let him through. Basically what he meant by there's no time was there's no time to explain that reasoning to Jon.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I think I've figured out why the NK killed Viserion first instead of Drogon, it's because it meant a better chance of killing at least two dragons. He could have attacked Drogon first, but then the other two dragons would have still been in the sky, with the high ground, and also with a far higher degree of vigilance. But by killing an unsuspecting Viserion first, he already eliminates one of the dragons with the high ground, while Drogon is still on the ground loading passengers like a sitting duck, and is a theoretically easier kill.

Also because the series would've been over if that happened

Danish

Referee
Such a good f**king episode.

I'm really glad that they faked out the priest surviving (I just can't keep up with the f**king names, seriously), then had him unceremoniously freeze to death 10 mins later. Made it interesting.

I genuinely did not like that the brought a couple red shirts along with them though who all predictably bought it in predictable fashion. What odds a dead bear charges the team and managed to attack one of the 2 unnamed characters? Seemed stupid.

Dead dragon is a game changer. No idea how they'll handle killing that thing.

Best part about this show is you genuinely do not know if someone is about to bite it at anytime. So many scenes that just scream "this f**ker is gone", then they somehow make it through. Love it.

Also, I'll put my hand up and say I was wrong about Gendry. His reintroduction has been seamless. No fanfare, nothing. Just went and grabbed him from his hidden life and he is contributing marvellously. Clearly this is what I ain't a writer

perverse

Referee
Best part about this show is you genuinely do not know if someone is about to bite it at anytime. So many scenes that just scream "this f**ker is gone", then they somehow make it through. Love it.
Really? I feel like that's the worst thing about the show now tbh. Most characters are now encased in thick plot armour. At least we've had 1 important person for this season - a dragon. No one else of consequence has died.

Latest posts