What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

Zachary Smith

Juniors
Tyene survives another episode, Cercei being such a bitch might just be faking the poisoning.

We didn't actually see Olenna die either, could have been fake poison to get the confession about Joffrey.

DlEHARD

Juniors
Great scene with the Queen of Thrones disclosing how she poisoned Joffery. Yea she didn't say it wasn't Tyrion but perhaps Jamie will read that from it.

Good points on the swiftness of taking castles. Casterly Rock I could stomach as Tyrion was responsible for the sewer network.

I do think they are doing Tyrion a real disservice though. The mastermind of the defence of Blackwater Bay, now he didn't see Eurions ambush of their fleet? Didn't see Casterly Rock as a decoy, wiping out the remainder of the Targaryen fleet and the Lanister army marking on Highgarden and wiping out the Tyrells.

I guess I can give Tryion a pass on Caterly Rock as he would be really bent on getting his hands on it, to stick it to his late father.

This also means that Cersei could even be mad enough and bold enough to strike at Winterfell.

What this does is make Daenerys all the more in need of help from King Snow and Jorah.

DlEHARD

Juniors
Also I'd be watching LF closely. Of course.

But let's remember he basically controls the Vale. If anything would happen to little Robin... Could be big trouble.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
This taking of castles in an afternoon is a big change.

Riverrun was held for 6 months or more - by a couple of blokes and lots of mouths to feed inside. It was held against a Lannister army and the siege ended by negotiation.

In contrast both Highgarden and Casterly Rock were taken seemingly easily.

With a Lannister army large enough to take Highgarden in an afternoon who is left to defend KL anyway?

Well Casterly Rock was pretty well explained. Most of the Lannister army was at Highgarden and taking the rock was made even easier by Tyrion's sole knowledge of a backdoor.

Highgarden did seem a bit easy but the Tyrell's got f*cked over by their bannerman in the Tarly's. So that combined with the Lannister force would have overwhelmed the Tyrell's.

Danish

Referee
Well Casterly Rock was pretty well explained. Most of the Lannister army was at Highgarden and taking the rock was made even easier by Tyrion's sole knowledge of a backdoor.

Highgarden did seem a bit easy but the Tyrell's got f*cked over by their bannerman in the Tarly's. So that combined with the Lannister force would have overwhelmed the Tyrell's.

Old duck did also state that fighting was never really the Tyrell's strong suit, so odds are their castle defences were probably compromised in the name of aesthetics.

River run is a moated fortress by comparison, making siege towers all but impossible. Not to mention that it was the useless Freys running that siege (Jamie got in there inside a couple days).

Kings landing was almost taken in a night by stannis. Winterfell was taken in a matter of minutes through the help of a bloody giant

Danish

Referee
I don't get the people saying this is the best show on TV and nothing comes close, a lot of other shows beat it by a huge margin IMO. GOT isn't in the same ballpark as the three seasons of Fargo.

Still, I'm enjoying it and don't think it's as bad as some on here are saying. I think this season is a big improvement on the last couple so far.

It's a trashy soap opera with dragons and zombies. Definitely not the most intelligent show on TV, but it's about the most entertaining

Game_Breaker

Coach
Ser Friendzone getting cured of grey scale in a night pissed me off more

"Yeah just scrape the shit off and rub some ointment and you're good to go"

Game_Breaker

Coach
Yep. Pretty clear that they know the plot outline but have run right out of material.

It is basic creative writing that is lacking - "Show,, don't tell"

Instead we have scene after scene of wooden actors standing in a semi circle, rooted to the spot, delivering monologues that explain what should be being shown. And they all wait until the actor next to them has finished before delivering their spiel. Where is the direction?

It's like watching a play written and performed by kids in year 8.

Actually Jon meeting Dany was good directing and dialogue imo

They first had them in seperate shots and slowly both entered the same frame getting closer and closer

Dany explaining to Jon who the dragons are named after and asking if he had any brothers killed

Ser Davos biting his tongue when taking about Jon taking a knife to the heart

Parra

Referee
The link between dragons re-entering the world and the return of the night king hasn't been made by anyone yet. Although the books have been well overtaken, the atypical archmaester (marwon?) was onto it as soon as the dragonglass candle in the citadel lit up. Someone convincing who can make this link may get Dany etc to head north.

There is a possibility that the maesters of the citadel will know some stuff to change the storyline - these guys protect all knowledge and have representative placed with every person of power.

Game_Breaker

Coach
The link between dragons re-entering the world and the return of the night king hasn't been made by anyone yet. Although the books have been well overtaken, the atypical archmaester (marwon?) was onto it as soon as the dragonglass candle in the citadel lit up. Someone convincing who can make this link may get Dany etc to head north.

There is a possibility that the maesters of the citadel will know some stuff to change the storyline - these guys protect all knowledge and have representative placed with every person of power.

The deserters from the night watch in the first season ran away from the wights beyond the wall in the first episode and the prologue in the first books before the dragons were hatched

Shorty

Staff member
Ser Friendzone getting cured of grey scale in a night pissed me off more

"Yeah just scrape the shit off and rub some ointment and you're good to go"
Yes this is a legitimate gripe and not nit picking imo.
But again, with the amount of stuff they've got to fit in I understood why they skimmed over it, I just assumed it was infection that stopped maesters trying it.
Also the citadel is a bit pompous like stuck in their ways and very structured so it could be that too.

Parra

Referee
The deserters from the night watch in the first season ran away from the wights beyond the wall in the first episode and the prologue in the first books before the dragons were hatched

Yes - but the red comet had started by then. This is forgotten by book 2. Other clues as to how these are linked are the guys who make the wildfire in KL - the recipe is working better - the glass candles in the citadel, the readings in the fires and the fire magicians in Qaarth etc - they are much more effective.

beave

Coach
Glad to see amongst my LU brethren we have posters that are qualified experts in medieval military tactics..........

Just enjoy the show and the boobs ffs peeps.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I heard these was a whole Bookface page/group on how long before Daenerys and Jon Snow hook up.

Anyone seen it ?

BestHookerRein

Juniors
So this is a show about Dragons, and White walkers, and people are complaining about how long it takes from one character to go from place to place.... Yeah, cause 4 episodes of Jon on a boat going to Dragonstone sounds amazing.

f**k you guys bitch about the most nonsensical things

Scrooge McDuck

Juniors
Some decent hints in the dialogue this week.

John saying he doesn't enjoy what he's good at (killing)

Ser Bariston said the same thing about Rheagar.

Dany saying everyone thought they were gone, now they're back, yeh they were looking at dragons, but two Targs standing together at the time.

Rheagars name dropped a few times.

Other shit I can't recall.

BennyV

Referee
Read another (seemingly unpopular) theory that it's Jamie and Cersei, rather than Tyrion, who are the bastard children of Joanna Lannister and Aegon Targeryan. Some very interesting parallels:
- Cersei's destruction of the Sept mirroring Aegon's plans for King's Landing, plus her tendency towards torture.
- Outside of these 2, the only other incest in the show is amongst Targeryans; in fact, in the books I believe it's mentioned that the only other man Cersei had been infactuated with was Rhaegar, who would also be her brother (in this theory).
- It is said that when a Targeryan is born, the gods role a dice with the outcome being psychotic death-crazed madman (Cersei) or honourable and dutiful (Jamie - sort of).
- They are older than Tyrion and the Joanna/Aegon thing was meant to have happened on Twyin's wedding night (I believe this was taken from something Ser Barristan had said).
- Been mentioned in the book that Tyrion is more like his father than the twins.

I can't really see it panning out that way, but I dont hate the theory!

Also, the way we are going this season I reckon there'll be more battles with White Walkers than there will be between Cersei/Dany...

Latest posts