What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Hoping he go's full 'lord stone heart' in place of Lady Catelyn.. That'd be pretty bad arsed.
Pretty sure he's going Azor, to tie him into Daenerys invasion of Westeros.

I'd love for them to go down that route, but the scrap of dialogue from next week's preview ("They think you're a God") sounded like somebody explaining something to a rational but confused individual - not one bent on murderous revenge.

I was half hoping that Melisandre had failed but then Jon came too with blue eyes.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

His death released him from his vow to the Night's Watch so I think he'll march south with the Wildlings. The question is will the Boltons/Karstarks get to castle black first? That will be interesting because I'm pretty sure they don't know about the Wildling army up there.

Oh, I'm fairly certain we'll get the SNOWBOWL before we see Jon headed down south.

Yeah, that duel was at the Battle of the Trident. There's no reason to go back to it.

I have a theory that, when they finally resolve the Game of Thrones series, they'll be sorely tempted to either do a prequel series about Robert's Rebellion or, if they want to adapt more books, a prequel series about the Adventures of Dunk & Egg.

Money to be made etc. etc.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I have a theory that, when they finally resolve the Game of Thrones series, they'll be sorely tempted to either do a prequel series about Robert's Rebellion or, if they want to adapt more books, a prequel series about the Adventures of Dunk & Egg.

Money to be made etc. etc.

I'm hoping they make a movie out of Robert's Rebellion.

DiegoNT

First Grade
At the same time, I?m not sure there?s enough for a series. More than one anyway.

Either way, would be good to see it on screen. A lot of good stuff there.

Yea I've been just trying to do it in my head

1. The Father. First episode would be for introductions, show of the mad kings paranoia, especially about rhaigar and tywin. Introduce the starks, maybe have brandon starks duel with little finger. Finally have all the players planning to go to harrenhal

2. The Maiden. The tournament at harrenhal. You'd need at least a whole episode for that

3 . The Crone. aftermath of the tournament. Have lyanna abducted/run away half way through. End with the starks trial with fire to end.

4. The Smith. Start with the mad king calling for ned and Robert, jon arryns refusal and the calling of the banners. Stannis holding storms end, maybe end with roberts first victory

5. The Warrior. Continue build up to the battle of the trident. End with Robert and rhaegars showdown

6. The Stranger. Sack of kings landing, jamie becoming the kings slayer, the mountain killing and raping the princess, tywin arriving etc

7. The Mother. Aftermath. Ned being disgusted at Robert when his handed the dead babies, ned riding of to relieve stannis, viserys and his mother escaping and the birth of dany, Robert being arranged to marry cersei, and finally ned at the tower of joy, promise me, and the series ends with ned and Howland reed making their way back to winterfell with a baby in hand

Game_Breaker

Coach
I think Roberts Rebellion is better suited as a movie as well, at least a 2 part movie.

I wouldn't mind seeing either a movie or series of Aegons conquest of westeros, building of the wall, how the nights King came to be

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Would probably also add Aerys being taken hostage at Duskendale with Barriston Selmy coming to the rescue. Also, Robert getting trapped at the Stoney Sept with Jon Connington looking for him.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Would probably also add Aerys being taken hostage at Duskendale with Barriston Selmy coming to the rescue. Also, Robert getting trapped at the Stoney Sept with Jon Connington looking for him.

Wasn't aery's abduction years before hand? Might make a good tale Aerys can tell while showing of his paranoid side in a possible introduction. Robert being trapped by Connington is just one possible side plots that can be shown. There's also Stannis and the siege of storms end ( and Davos saving the day), Aerys and Tywins relationship, cersei making jamie take the white and having it backfire on here (and the whole jealousy thing over rhaegar choosing lyanna), have to have Howland reed at harrenhal as well. Plus depending how things unfold there'd have to be a rhaegar and lyanna romance as well

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah it’s about 4 years before the Harrenahal tourney but it demonstrates the deteriorating relationship between Tywin and Aerys, because he went to Duskendale just because Tywin advised not to. It was also around the time Tywin tried to shop Cersei to Rhaegar but Aerys slighted him pretty good, saying that Tywin was a servant and a servant’s daughter was not fit for royal blood. It all just leads to Tywin’s actions during the rebellion.

......and you also get to see Selmy do his thing.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Damn lads I want to watch it now, I bought the dunk and Egg book but haven't read it yet I've gone back from the start and halfway through book 2. Hopefully I'll be through the whole lot before the new book is released.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Damn lads I want to watch it now, I bought the dunk and Egg book but haven't read it yet I've gone back from the start and halfway through book 2. Hopefully I'll be through the whole lot before the new book is released.

Another GRRM work where he is behind his own schedule :lol:

Apparently Rickon is in the next ep. Hopefully not with the Karstarks.

That seems the likely outcome, especially since they didn't follow the books and have Ser Davos go off in search of him.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Another GRRM work where he is behind his own schedule :lol:

That seems the likely outcome, especially since they didn't follow the books and have Ser Davos go off in search of him.

Could also be Theon. Would lead to asha/yara trying to rescue him and being caught like in the books, after her failed kingsmoot. But they've already switched so much in that storyline, Mance gone completely, real Sansa instead of fake arya, brienne meeting stone heart and yara already having a failed rescue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts