What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiegoNT

First Grade
The arya/ merryn Trent plotline isn't in the book, but I think it's going to go a long way to shape arya's future. I think jaqen is going to give her an ultimatum, kill Trent and continue being arya stark and seeking vengeance, or spare his life and follow orders to become one of the faceless men

Game_Breaker

Coach
Or Ser Paedophile was the real target all along. The gambling guy was maybe just a decoy. I see Arya offering herself to Ser Peado just so she can kill him

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The arya/ merryn Trent plotline isn't in the book, but I think it's going to go a long way to shape arya's future. I think jaqen is going to give her an ultimatum, kill Trent and continue being arya stark and seeking vengeance, or spare his life and follow orders to become one of the faceless men

Or Meryn Trant just takes the place of the musician she kills in the books, and she gets the same punishment from the faceless men for it.
Remember the faceless men don't choose their targets themselves- they're all brought to them as contract killings, which they then set a price for, or reject entirely.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Not sure why she cant do both tbh. Slip the skinny man the poison then go after Ser Pedo

She's not allowed to just kill who she wants to. Faceless men don't do that, they are "no-one" and cannot act out of personal motives. They only kill if they've accepted a contract from someone else to do so. Jacqen was obligated to kill three people for Arya early in the series because she'd effectively given him advance payment for it by saving him and the others from the fire.

Someone

Bench
She's not allowed to just kill who she wants to. Faceless men don't do that, they are "no-one" and cannot act out of personal motives. They only kill if they've accepted a contract from someone else to do so. Jacqen was obligated to kill three people for Arya early in the series because she'd effectively given him advance payment for it by saving him and the others from the fire.

hence my confusion a few pages earlier about her long term arc.

her joining the faceless men doesn't serve purpose to her killing people off her list. She is being told to forget who she was and all the hate that associated with it.

also, is it ever explained wtf jacqen was doing there in the cart the night it caught fire?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
hence my confusion a few pages earlier about her long term arc.

her joining the faceless men doesn't serve purpose to her killing people off her list. She is being told to forget who she was and all the hate that associated with it.

I think the thing there is that she's a kid and is struggling with that choice.She went to Braavos not knowing what she was gojng to find there- now shes been offered the power to become something that would be capable of erasing everyone on her list, but to become that she'll have to renounce herself and her personal ambitions. And then add into that fact that shes still a Stark, with a Direwolf that she's bonded to out there somewhere... shes a joker in the pack right now.

also, is it ever explained wtf jacqen was doing there in the cart the night it caught fire?

Yes- although the official explanation isa bit suss. He, Rorge and Biter were being transported to the wall to take the black with the other criminal recruits- they were in the cart because they were apparently particularly dangerous criminals that had been kept locked in the black cells of the Red Keep, it's most secure dungeon. now thats plausible for Rorge and Biter- we know they were particularly nasty, dangerous scumbags who'd probably been caught doing hideous things. But its doubtful a Faceless Man would be held there, if one could be captured at all, you'd think they'd be immediately put to death, or at least tortured to death in an attempt to discover their target. So you'd have to suspect that he somehow meant to be there- and that the Faceless men are in on some grand scheme- which at a wild guess would potentially mean Varys was involved somewhere, as he often seems to be at that level.

CHD__flVAAA_Asq.jpg:large

I hope you never have a disabled or deformed kid. Though your parents seem to have coped....

You do know game of thrones is fictional right? You do know the girl was actually an actress and her face was made the way it was by using make up yeah?

It's funny that you take offence to this, and then try to get onto the front foot by calling me disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.