What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Sequel

Red V Hot

Juniors
There has been alot of talk how if enough copies are sold, next year another version will be brought out. In my opinion having it only a year after is stupid. Firstly not alot of people will buy the second version because they will most likely still be satisfied with this Rugby League game just about to be released. Another reason why having a sequel so close is bad is because ,how many improvements can be made in 10-12 months?? There is no point in releasing another game which will not sell, just for some minor adjustments.

I would prefer to have my time with this game, get over it in a couple of years (2005/6??) AND THEN, wait for a super game to be released as it has given Sidhe/HES plenty of time to produce a possible PERFECT game, with all the feautres that we want. Which hopefully like this one, may have record sales.

Thanks

Kasper

Bench
Red V Hot said:
There has been alot of talk how if enough copies are sold, next year another version will be brought out. In my opinion having it only a year after is stupid. Firstly not alot of people will buy the second version because they will most likely still be satisfied with this Rugby League game just about to be released. Another reason why having a sequel so close is bad is because ,how many improvements can be made in 10-12 months?? There is no point in releasing another game which will not sell, just for some minor adjustments.

I would prefer to have my time with this game, get over it in a couple of years (2005/6??) AND THEN, wait for a super game to be released as it has given Sidhe/HES plenty of time to produce a possible PERFECT game, with all the feautres that we want. Which hopefully like this one, may have record sales.

Thanks
I would just like to say your an idiot thinking if a sequel comes out next year it won't sell. People will want a new game after a year and with awesome features like franchise added if there is a sequel people will most definately buy it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
10 things i hate abou this post

1. from the demo to currently is about 12 months, big improvements
2. madden etc brinmg out yearly games and still sell well
3. this game will be awsome but there is soo much more that can be done
4. you idiot
5. give yourself a tripple
6. see 4
7. you wanker
8. another double champ
9. see 4 again
10. footy shows on, dont show your face again

knowsleyroader

Juniors
Sales after 1 year would be just as strong no doubt and would probably me a lot stronger if truth be known.

I know I for one would be just as hyped and getting it on release day as im sure 99% of people would be.

1 game a year every year would do me just fine thank you.

4. you idiot
6. see 4
7. you wanker
8. another double champ
9. see 4 again

Gee it's good to see we can have an intelligent discussion in here, come on he was just expressing his opinion and you shoot him down.....I personally don't think there is the market out there to sustain a rugby league game every year, and every second year would be better.

knowsleyroader

Juniors
Unknown your one of the biggest " Post Knockers " in here so I dont know why your on your high horse all of a sudden and I cant believe ANYONE would think there arnt strong enough sales for a Rugby League game every year !!

Which of the following are you saying ?

Rugby League Fans are poor ?
Rugby League Fans are tight with their money ?
We have waited so long for a league game we certainly can wait longer than a year for the next one ?

Ridiculous !

Raider_69

Post Whore
Unknown Pleasures said:

4. you idiot
6. see 4
7. you wanker
8. another double champ
9. see 4 again

Gee it's good to see we can have an intelligent discussion in here, come on he was just expressing his opinion and you shoot him down.....I personally don't think there is the market out there to sustain a rugby league game every year, and every second year would be better.

alright double for you
and shepp, we'll give Red V Hot a triple!

No mate, what I'm saying is that RL is oly big in TWO states in Australia, and yes this game will sell well because it's the first in SEVEN years.....diehard RL fans like the ones in this forum will buy any RL game and buy one every year. However I don't think just the general gaming community will buy a league game EVERY year.

And dont try and use the RL fans are poor, thats just stupid.

knowsleyroader

Juniors
well we will just have to disagree as I think the game will be of such a quality that even general gamers will become interested in the series and maybe even bring new blood into the RL community.

I would also think that HES have researched their potential sales targets and I dont think they have planned to come into the fray with a one off and then just leave it for dead.

As for RL fans being poor, I know their not but I was wondering if this was your reasoning behind a new version not selling every year.

Good to see we can have a sensible discussion, I do hope they put a game out every year, but would rather one every second year for the next 10 years or whatever, than one this month and one next year and that's it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Unknown Pleasures said:
alright double for you
and shepp, we'll give Red V Hot a triple!

Raider go back to the footy show, it seems at your level.

yea it acually is my level, i like the footy show
unfortuatly we are not all blessed with a sence of humour, isnt that right Unknown Pleasures.......

zaibatsu

Juniors
i agree that a sequel would sell like wildfire regardless of how soon it was released after the first version, once a year is good because it means the game is in constant development year round (eg - FIFA series), fifa have no problems whatsoever selling new versions each year (i know they have a bigger market but league would sell like crazy as well).

i do think though that if the changes are only minor perhaps they should release an expansion pack that could include the world cup, online compatibility, extra teams, extra stadiums, awards feature etc etc. much like the rush hour expansion released for sim city 4, just a few wanted extras that are too big for patches that can be sold for a mid range price ($20-30). it might sound dumb but it works, the sims & sim city have used it to great success

mikeyboy

Juniors
Surely the game in 2 years time will be of the same quality whether you release one next year or not. Personally I think that assuming that this game is awesome (for which the signs are good), then a sequel next year is essential due to the omission of "franchise" mode, injuries etc.

As far as the 1 player game goes at the mo, I don't think that the lifespan will be that great and in a year's time will be gagging for a new game.

You've also got to take into account the competition. EA may have got their arses in gear in a year's time and may start to get the following of its currently dissapointed Union fans (e.g me).

CycloneSteve

Juniors
A few things I would love to see in a sequel:-

1. Sevens.....coz it rocks....

2. More international teams

3. If your team is doing well you get invited onto the Footy Show to play Going, Going, Gooooooorn.... :lol:

4. If you win 100 comps in a row you get to see your teams Cheergirls nude..... :lol:

5. The ability to have different types of finals formats in your create-a-league comps

That is all

Razor

Coach
Red V Hot said:

Thanks

As long as the game still worked on my system I'd buy it every year. Same way I buy the FIFA & NHL games every year they come out.

If you don't want to buy the new one, don't buy it.

Dragon

Coach
Zaibatsu hit it on the head

ONLINE PLAY!!

That reason alone justifies another version.

I agree with the first post! Think about it, in the long term we all would like it if the new game came out to coincide with the NRL season right??? well if we wan't that then 2004/5 would come out only 5 months after 2003.....I say have the next league game come out in March 2005 thats only like 18 months and imagine the quality!! and from then on the game could always come out in march of every year

Latest posts