What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game thoughts Eels/Bitches

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Ennis is a grub but done what he does best. He gets you to react to his comments and then you lose your cool by throwing punches and you get sent off and penalised.

Honestly hayne and Hindy fell for the trap that Ennis layed. I just can't believe they fell for it. Plain stupid....

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Well it goes to show the coach that A Mitchell wasn't totally to blame for last week. Maguire is solid but he was past his best when he went to England. Sure he played a good trial but really that has been it. Give a 21year old a go and put the 30 somethings out to pasture.

Mcguire is way better than MATT KEATING... PERIOD!!!.... I'd pick Casey over both players...

Eels Dude

Coach
Ok
This is now the 5th or 6th time someone's mentioned 'injecting' and Tom Humble.
What's the go? Can you people just stop being so secretive and let us know what's going on?
Is he on steroids or something?
Does he have a drug problem?

Cannot be discussed publicly in the forums mate. PM me if you wish.

ChokeTrain

Juniors
Now I'm a dog supporter, but I can honestly say this, you need to play Hayne much closer to the line. He's a great fullback, no doubt, but he's your main weapon and I can tell you I shat brix everytime he was close to the ball. You've got two awesome props, but you lack a dangerous second rower (Horo isn't really what I'd call dangerous). You made a huge mistake letting Feleti go, but there's no use crying over spoiled milk. I don't think you should go and put all the blame on Kearney though, yet. Give him until the end of 2012 before judging him. I want to see how he recruits for next season. You need a new fullback, a proper half, a hooker and an attacking second rower.

Now if I were on the Eels bored I'd throw the kitchen sink at Boyd, although that could be a lost cause. Will Hopoate could be another option, provided he hasn't been signed yet. I'm a bit shocked that Kerney didn't try and lure Hohaia over, but he's gone now.

Your biggest concern will be a proper half, looking at the off contract list, I can't find one that would work at the Eels. Sandow is the biggest name, apparently on the outer with Souths, but I don't rate him as a half. Still he's better then your two current halves combined.

Hooker, Matt Keating should be used on the bench, and McGuire was past it three years ago. I'd go hard for Aaron Payne. He's off contract, solid, and would be rather cheap. I mean unless you want John Morris, who's the other off contract hooker.

And lastly, a ball playing second rower. Sutton is not a 5/8, he's a lock. You could really use someone like him in your team. He wouldn't be cheap, though I assume you have money in the cap.

Your off contract list:
Parramatta Eels Chris Hicks, Tom Humble, Taniela Lasalo, Manase Manuokafoa, Casey McGuire, Anthony Mitchell, Pele Peletelese, Joel Reddy,Jeff Robson, Paul Whatuira

The bolded one should be retained, with the underlined one being used as depth.

Imagine if you had a team looking something like this:
1.Boyd/Hayne
6. Boyd/Hayne
7. Anyone but Robson/Mortimer
8. Moi Moi
9. Payne
10. Mannah
11. Hindmarsh
12. Horo
13. Sutton

If you can build a team around something like that, you'll go a long way to being contenders again.

strider

Post Whore
Now I'm a dog supporter, but I can honestly say this, you need to play Hayne much closer to the line. He's a great fullback, no doubt, but he's your main weapon and I can tell you I shat brix everytime he was close to the ball. You've got two awesome props, but you lack a dangerous second rower (Horo isn't really what I'd call dangerous). You made a huge mistake letting Feleti go, but there's no use crying over spoiled milk. I don't think you should go and put all the blame on Kearney though, yet. Give him until the end of 2012 before judging him. I want to see how he recruits for next season. You need a new fullback, a proper half, a hooker and an attacking second rower.

Now if I were on the Eels bored I'd throw the kitchen sink at Boyd, although that could be a lost cause. Will Hopoate could be another option, provided he hasn't been signed yet. I'm a bit shocked that Kerney didn't try and lure Hohaia over, but he's gone now.

Your biggest concern will be a proper half, looking at the off contract list, I can't find one that would work at the Eels. Sandow is the biggest name, apparently on the outer with Souths, but I don't rate him as a half. Still he's better then your two current halves combined.

Hooker, Matt Keating should be used on the bench, and McGuire was past it three years ago. I'd go hard for Aaron Payne. He's off contract, solid, and would be rather cheap. I mean unless you want John Morris, who's the other off contract hooker.

And lastly, a ball playing second rower. Sutton is not a 5/8, he's a lock. You could really use someone like him in your team. He wouldn't be cheap, though I assume you have money in the cap.

Your off contract list:
Parramatta Eels Chris Hicks, Tom Humble, Taniela Lasalo, Manase Manuokafoa, Casey McGuire, Anthony Mitchell, Pele Peletelese, Joel Reddy,Jeff Robson, Paul Whatuira

1.Boyd/Hayne
6. Boyd/Hayne
8. Moi Moi
9. Payne
10. Mannah
11. Hindmarsh
12. Horo
13. Sutton

If you can build a team around something like that, you'll go a long way to being contenders again.

nice post ... i think we should put u on our "bored" - hehe ... but seriously nice post

Runaround Man

Juniors
Hands up those of you who have played sport.

Now, hands up those of you who have played sport at a semi-competitive level.

Finally, hands up those of you who have played sport at a semi-competitive level and have felt the pressure of losing a few games and have reacted poorly to someone sledging you.

I know I, for one, nearly snapped a guy in half because he made a comment that was involving my then-ill mother. I could hear my coach screaming at me to leave it be. I could hear my teammates screaming at me to let it go. But in the heat of the moment you get overcome by this rage that just render everything else moot. And you can't help it. Sure, you can argue that they're professionals, they should know better. But they are human beings first and foremost. And we would all react with emotion first.

Very good post.....

I totally argee with this

Runaround Man

Juniors

Your off contract list:

1.Boyd/Hayne
6. Boyd/Hayne
8. Moi Moi
9. Payne
10. Mannah
11. Hindmarsh
12. Horo
13. Sutton

You make a LOT of sense.

Want a job on the Parra coaching staff??:D

oldmancraigy

Coach
Robson should be lining up at centrelink on Monday.
He was WOEFUL.
That cross field kick was the most embarrassing moment in history.
Followed closely by mortimers stab kick straight to the winger.

Our halves are inept. Enough said.

If hayne gets up and throws punches, nothing happens
Why does he have to get up and headbutt? And it was soft too.
Get up and deck the bloke if you're angry. It was a love tap.

Ennis is a grub

Hayne + headbutting is odd? I don't actually think this was a headbutt- he was standing up and Payne was leaning in so I think Hayne leaned in not to 'back down' - if it's a headbutt it's a full body one, the neck doesn't snap at all....
But that's beside the point, it looked like a headbutt and I think it's weird that he goes for the headbutt in those moments...

On the halves- mate have you been missing the footy action the past few years? Mortimer ALWAYS kicks it to the opposition fullback/halfback on the full - and 9 out of 10 times the kick is completely inept.

Here's the thing - Mortimer is probably halfway decent as a player who runs to the line and looks to either make a break himself, or put someone else away. He's fast, and he's a competitor. Defensively he never gives up. But his kicking game is worse than a 3 year olds....

Sad thing is that Robsons is worse. Robson offers very little apart from being 'valiant'.

Saddest thing is that they're both better than the Wenty blokes. Bruest is too young; Murray has this betting scandal thing affecting him mentally.

Best option: Murray concentrates on footy for the next 2 months and is ready for his debut.
Worst option: more Robbo
Other option: MK comes back and McGuire goes to the 9. There's nothing else that will work.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Hey do you reckon we will ever find out what ennis said to hindmarsh?

Newmanj or anyone else in the know could you please pm me if you know. I would love to know.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Your off contract list:

1.Boyd/Hayne
6. Boyd/Hayne
8. Moi Moi
9. Payne
10. Mannah
11. Hindmarsh
12. Horo
13. Sutton

Very well said!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Very good post.....

I totally argee with this

Thanks, mate.

I do understand why people are frustrated with Hayne's reaction. It was silly. But then, in my eyes, I can totally understand where it came from - I have never played sport at that elite level, but even at a park level, you get into these verbal stoushes with opponents that can turn nasty. Playing soccer I copped an elbow right above my right eye going for a corner kick which I later found out was a deliberate attack because the striker heard someone say something to his girlfriend and he thought it was me. He split me open and everything.

Point is you do stupid things in the heat of the moment. And rugby league is the worst in this sense - such a physical game, adrenaline is flowing...You're bound to not let things like that go.

Lesson learned for Jarryd (I hope!).

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hey do you reckon we will ever find out what ennis said to hindmarsh?

Newmanj or anyone else in the know could you please pm me if you know. I would love to know.

For what it's worth, the Sin Bin on 95.3 FM this morning interviewed Michael Ennis. He claims he didn't say anything bad, and that Hindmarsh overreacted.

Now, personally, my opinion is that Hindmarsh doesn't overreact. So in my opinion, Ennis said something fairly loaded.

But we'll never know.

Eelementary

Post Whore
For what it's worth, the Sin Bin on 95.3 FM this morning interviewed Michael Ennis. He claims he didn't say anything bad, and that Hindmarsh overreacted.

Now, personally, my opinion is that Hindmarsh doesn't overreact. So in my opinion, Ennis said something fairly loaded.

But we'll never know.

Just to expand a little - Wendell Sailor was the guest host, and he pretty much stuck up for Nathan. He said he's known Hindmarsh for years and he is the nicest bloke on and off the field, and that Ennis is a known pest...So Big Dell reckons Ennis said something stupid, but he didn't want to commit himself to actually saying it.

ParraSteve

Juniors
our first 30 we had great variety in our game, but as soon as hayne and hindy went off we lost the plot and went into our shells playing the boring one out footy that we had done over the previous rounds. We need more variety in our attack otherwise we're just sitting ducks for oposing teams

lingard

Coach
You know people get paid to make sure that we don't get left in the position where we are at the bottom of the barrell.

People get paid to spot talent.

What about Keating? We sign Matt Keating , who anybody who isn't blind could tell was the much sh*ttier brother.

In previous years i could handle losing because i knew we could be better. This year is going to be horrible.

How did we get to the position where we are challenging teams who may i add are better then us for the spoon.

Maybe that`s the problem. Maybe our talent scouts actually are blind.
It`s a good idea from the equal employment opportunity perspective, but ............