What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game thread v the Dogs

Look at the stats Baz. Mannah's are good. Lussick's not so.

OK. Lusssick played 35 minutes, made 32 tackles (3 missed).
Mannah played 36 minutes, made 34 tackles (2 missed).

Lussick made 5 hit ups for 42 metres
Mannah made 6 hit ups for 40 metres.

I don't really see the big difference. Both a pretty fair effort in the circumstances that prevailed.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Hoppa was the primary reason our defence was so good for the first 50 minutes. Watch the game and see him talking and talking and talking, organising our defence. It was Robbo that let in the first two tries. He has to go now. He is not NRL standard. Considering all the disruptions and the flow of the ball going for the dogs in that first 20 minutes, it was Hoppa who kept organising our defence, kept plugging the holes. Jack Gibson would have been proud... "done good".... think of Paul Taylor = Hoppa.

Avenger

Immortal

I don't really see the big difference. Both a pretty fair effort in the circumstances that prevailed.

f**k them both off then. :D

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

Bar the one dropped ball (that I can remember) I thought Lussick played a good game. He just did not stand out as he did last week against a pathetic defeated pack of no nothings. The Dogs were a much tougher brutal opposition. It was trench warfare out there and Lussick did not shirk his tasks. Also, he got injured early in the first half too, think it was his right leg, and probably played injured for the rest of the game. Considering disruptions, if he was not injured he might have played longer minutes. I gave him 7 out of ten for last nights effort.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm disappointed in Reece Robinson. Thought he would be much better.
I'm also disappointed in Hoppoate. As someone else said, he's tidy at the back, but that's about it. I realise it might take him a few more games to adjust to the fullback role, but if reports are correct - that Norman will move to fullback next year to make way for Foran - why are we persevering with Hoppoate at fullback? Hoppoate has lovely ball-skills and vision, but he's not chiming into the attack at all. I reckon Robinson's days are numbered but I wouldn't mind giving him one little shot at fullback to see how he goes. He's clearly not a winger.
He's not a fullback either, he's a stop gap fringe first grader at best. And you want him to play fullback???

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hoppa was the primary reason our defence was so good for the first 50 minutes. Watch the game and see him talking and talking and talking, organising our defence. It was Robbo that let in the first two tries. He has to go now. He is not NRL standard. Considering all the disruptions and the flow of the ball going for the dogs in that first 20 minutes, it was Hoppa who kept organising our defence, kept plugging the holes. Jack Gibson would have been proud... "done good".... think of Paul Taylor = Hoppa.
Imagine Robinson at the back???? *Shudders :crazy:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
For us to make the top 8 this year we need Hoppa playing at 1.
Loose Hoppa and we are f**ked... SIMPLESSSS...
He played better than last week adding icing on the cake.
He is a really good top class NRL player who will get better and better and better as this season unfolds.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
And Hoppa is a brilliant TEAM PLAYER who sticks to game plans.
This is what we want out the back.
Now for Sandow to learn this 80 minutes team playing skill.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
With Hoppa @ 1 & No Semi and Champion, we need two speedsters who can tackle, one that can kick goals.
Enter Crooks for starters. He needs to have a shot now in the NRL.
Not sure about Folou yet?????
Maybe we bring in Matterson - give him a shot at plugging centre. See how he handles the Warriors.
Or bring back Toutai to centre - give him another shot.
What's happened to Lavaka?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

We keep blaming Morgan, Sio, Toutai, Robinson and Champion, but the one constant on our right side is Chris Sandow.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
We keep blaming Morgan, Sio, Toutai, Robinson and Champion, but the one constant on our right side is Chris Sandow.

That too. F**k you Poo.
However, Sandow did defend well Rnd 1 & 2 (before injury).
Still think Robinson is useless. In almost all facets of his game he turned shit last night.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Just like Sandow, Robinson is phenomenal behind a dominant pack. But he's not the fullback or winger you want in the grind.

Is why Foran is coming - he is still coming???

1. Hoppa
6. Norman (or 7)
7. Foran (or 6)
9. Peats / De Gois

80 Minute creative spine that can defend and grind = premierships

We just need Israel Folou to the centres, that's unless he can organise defence as good as Hoppa can for 80 minutes @ 1.
I've heard nothing since to say Izzy ain't coming to the Eels.
If Hayne was to come back, then maybe Izzy would get knocked on the head.

1. Hayne
6. Norman
7. Foran
9. Peats / De Gois

Hoppa to 3 or 4

T.S Quint

Coach
Anyone who wants to put any blame for this loss on the referees can get f**ked.
It was out own stupidity that lost this game. We didn't have any respect for the ball and kept giving away possession.
As far as I could tell, the only complete f**k-up the refs made last night was penalising Hoppa for competing for the ball when Morris hit the ground. And even then it actually turned out better for us because we got the ball straight back after they missed hitting touch.

Despite our lack of possession we had ample opportunities to win that game. Some poor decisions whilst attacking their line hurt us.

Our attitude in defence was a highlight though. Even with everything going against us, we still held in there as long as we could. Shame that we ran out of puff towards the end there.

Latest posts