What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game thread v the Dogs

Eelementary

Post Whore
Our defence early on was incredible - how much ball did we give the Dogs?

Credit to the Dogs, but I took a lot out of this performance.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't think I'd bother with the scoreline tonight to be honest, it was just one of those nights. I think the scoreline flattered the Dogs performance.

Yeah agree, I don't like losing but if we put in the effort, I can live with that. And tonight there was definitely 110% effort by the boys.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The injuries certainly played a big part in that loss. Blokes playing out of position.

When we got in top I thought we pushed the pass too much, cant give the opposition too much possession, thats what Arthur raised last week.

A big congratulations to Wicks in his first game, I thought he played really well.

Eelementary

Post Whore
And how good was Ma'u? Beast!

Without the injuries, we take them, IMO.

But it wasn't to be.

As long as the effort is there - and it clearly was - I'm a proud Eels man.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
And how good was Ma'u? Beast!

Without the injuries, we take them, IMO.

But it wasn't to be.

As long as the effort is there - and it clearly was - I'm a proud Eels man.

I was worried after watching penrith trial about manu, maybe a one hit wonder. But he was brillant last week in the second half and the first half tonight he ran 105 metres. He will be pick for NZ in ANZAC day test

Forty20

First Grade
Not sure if it has been posted but here is the post match press conference.

You have to admire Brad Arthur's absolute refusal to make an excuse for the loss, even considering the dire misfortune we suffered. The next month or two are going to be tough given how down on troops we already are but if we play to the standard of toughness and mental fortitude we showed tonight and continue to lower our error rate I think we will be able to beat plenty of teams.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Press conference - Arthur is pissed, hopefully his wife knows a plasterer as I reckon his shed may need redoing every few weeks. He won't be happy unless the telstra trophy is being held up.

Basically not happy with competition rate - wasn't happy that after hitting lead in second half we failed to complete 5 of our following 6 sets. Didn't accept injuries as an excuse, just blamed loss on competition rate.

Said wicks had good game

forward pass

Coach
I thought it was a fantastic performance tonight. For 60 minutes we were in that game up to our eyeballs despite the injuries,disruptions and re-shuffles.

Our defence was unbelievable in that first 20 when they peppered our line and had all the possession. I said after all that defence that we would pay for that at the back end of the game. We were shot ducks and down on troops so the fatigue became a factor.

But we had a dead set dig tonight. No lack of ticker tonight which is all we can ask for.

I don't know what Avenger was watching but I thought Hoppa was bloody good. He has very good hands and he seemed to be doing a lot of the talking. The last 20 minutes was poor without doubt but I saw enough tonight to be pretty encouraged.

Press conference - Arthur is pissed, hopefully his wife knows a plasterer as I reckon his shed may need redoing every few weeks. He won't be happy unless the telstra trophy is being held up.

Basically not happy with competition rate - wasn't happy that after hitting lead in second half we failed to complete 5 of our following 6 sets. Didn't accept injuries as an excuse, just blamed loss on competition rate.

Said wicks had good game

Good coach, no excuses!

muznik

Juniors
Decent effort considering the injuries.

My two bobs..

Whilst Watmough adds intensity he is also good for a few penalties a game. (ala Reni)
Wicks was impressive
I thought Norman just lacked that little extra to make him a big game changer.
Mau was awesome.
We went into the game a man & a half down...
Moeroa obviously was still suffering from the shoulder injury from last week (although still performed admirably)& Sef Paulo has done nothing to show me he is a 1st grade footballer (or even reserve grade) I am happy for him to prove me wrong but have been waiting a couple of seasons now.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
joseph paulo gets a lot of touches in the hole but no one bites on him because he offers zero impact taking on the line instead.

and robinsons dancing already gives me the shits, our backs and forwards bust their gut trying to hit the advantage line and this bloke looks like a quadrant from sesame streets one of these things is not like the other...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Another embarrassing second half performance in round 2, the years change but the team doesn't
Being very harsh Korny, a lack of troops,luck and ball cost us in the end. But gee did they have a dig. Wicks was awesome first game back hopefully the injuries aren't too bad. Dessie got what he wanted after his whinge last week.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Effort was good all things considered. Disappointing to give up the 2 late tries, but that's footy.

In hindsight, maybe we could have shuffled the troops better? Sandow to FB when he came back on, Hoppa to wing, keep Paulo at halfback. We lost it with 2 backrowers playing on our left defensive edge!
Tough call to make at the time though.

Latest posts