What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game thread v the Dogs

Forty20

First Grade
The Wenty game will be extra interesting today as there could be plenty of spots available in first grade for next week and beyond. The NSW Cup boys were very flat last week so hopefully they aim up today, especially given what is up for grabs.

Far Canal

Juniors
Did any of you gets the shits with Rona's grin after his last try. f**k me, show some humility - the guy who was marking you was down and you act as if you are king of the work - moron.

Did any of you gets the shits with Rona's grin after his last try. f**k me, show some humility - the guy who was marking you was down and you act as if you are king of the work - moron.

That was funny. He scored an amazing individual try :sarcasm:

I was quiet surprised the way we played against the dogs they weren't that good our pack was on par if not better even with all the injuries etc.

Parra47

Juniors
The Wenty game will be extra interesting today as there could be plenty of spots available in first grade for next week and beyond. The NSW Cup boys were very flat last week so hopefully they aim up today, especially given what is up for grabs.

Looking forward to your reports on the game Forty and your player appraisal's.

Parra47

Juniors
I was very impressed with Wicks come back and Gower had a good game. Lussick unfortunately just does not do enough and I thought both Wicks and Gower outpalyed him. Was also impressed with Normans game, the best I have seen him play in a long time. Watmough while not the player he used to be still offers our team a lot with his tough attitude and game. We are lucky to have him.

Gronk

Staff member
There won't me too many games in the future that we'll encounter so much bad luck.

Proud of the effort, with only a few chinks in our amour:

* Hoppa is tidy at the back, but doesn't offer much in attack.
* Seffa needs to justify his spot. He is there to create opportunities, but I can't remember the last time he threw a money ball. Surviving on reputation IMHO.
* Champion is solid but won't ever win you a game.
* Reese is a deer in headlights when he gets the ball. Speed to burn, but fart arses around instead of just burning his marker. Unless he kicks 90% every week, he's days are numbered.

Parra47

Juniors
There won't me too many games in the future that we'll encounter so much bad luck.

Proud of the effort, with only a few chinks in our amour:

* Hoppa is tidy at the back, but doesn't offer much in attack.
* Seffa needs to justify his spot. He is there to create opportunities, but I can't remember the last time he threw a money ball. Surviving on reputation IMHO.
* Champion is solid but won't ever win you a game.
* Reese is a deer in headlights when he gets the ball. Speed to burn, but fart arses around instead of just burning his marker. Unless he kicks 90% every week, he's days are numbered.

Agreed, especially with Reece. He can be very good in attack at fullback but very hit and miss on the wing.

Swiftstylez

Bench
The forwards were the ones that gave us the most hope for the rest of this season, I was surprised with mannah especially in the first half. He played really tough which is what he has lacked at times in his career, a killer instinct.

Last edited:

EelsFan05

Bench
The forwards were bloody amazing last night. We were on top of their forwards for most of the game and had the ascendancy until the 50 odd minute mark. We lost Semi's go forward and moving Manu into the centers change the whole game. I haven't seen or forwards hit and run that hard since Dean Pay and Co. Wicks will be a revelation this year on last night performance.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ma'u's move to centre (and Takairangi to the wing) did indeed weaken our defence. On the other side of the field though, three of four right edge defenders (Moeroa, Sandow and Champion) spent time off the pitch. No wonder the Dogs' wingers did it easy.

Delboy

First Grade
I saw a game played last year in the juniors that was eerily similar to last night, a side of giants were behind against a better drilled team. In the last quarter of the game, the big side just bashed it up for 5 tackles, sometimes plaing it wide on the last. Penalties and injuries saw them overpower the better team and win with 2 late scores
If you want to watch teams like the Dogs, plenty of them in the Parramatta and Penrith junior leagues in the 12 to 15 age groups
I just don't think that style of play is at all entertaining ( unless your a Dogs supporter)

Like some others I thought they put in a good performance last night. Just got cruelled by injuries and errors. Was frustrating to watch tho.

And Sef was useless.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I was concerned about our pack, but they were outstanding - until all those injuries, IMO they were well on top of their more fancied opposites.

Avenger

Immortal
One thing about Sef was that he was running more straight. However I would never have him in first grade if we had all our forwards available. I'm more critical about Lussick. How can a player like Wicks who hasn't played in 5 years shine like a beacon whilst Lussick keeps being so mediocre?

I think John Folau may be a smoky to debut next week especially seeing that he is a right centre. Champion will be gone for many weeks.

One thing about Sef was that he was running more straight. However I would never have him in first grade if we had all our forwards available. I'm more critical about Lussick. How can a player like Wicks who hasn't played in 5 years shine like a beacon whilst Lussick keeps being so mediocre?
s.

How was Lussick any more 'mediocre' than, say, Mannah last night? They both got through a lot of tackles in their time on the pitch (about 1 tackle per minute). Similar hit ups, similar metres. I only just watched the game, Wicks was great, but I think you've got to remember how much work the starting props got through early on.

lingard

Coach
I'm disappointed in Reece Robinson. Thought he would be much better.
I'm also disappointed in Hoppoate. As someone else said, he's tidy at the back, but that's about it. I realise it might take him a few more games to adjust to the fullback role, but if reports are correct - that Norman will move to fullback next year to make way for Foran - why are we persevering with Hoppoate at fullback? Hoppoate has lovely ball-skills and vision, but he's not chiming into the attack at all. I reckon Robinson's days are numbered but I wouldn't mind giving him one little shot at fullback to see how he goes. He's clearly not a winger.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
BA was spot on about controlling the ball when we got back in front. If we continued running up the ruck turning the ball inside or out to angled runners and kept it simple like we were doing earlier in the 2nd half we might have had the energy to go on and win the game in spite of all the disruptions. This is where Sandow still has to mature - he came on, was not composed and was not working to Norman's executions, instead becoming a huge hindrance and inconvenience. Sandow misplaced his marbles and ended up channelling Paul Carige on the field for the rest of the game. Sandow thought he had to win the game for the team instead of being tuned in as a team player. This is the steam BA was letting off in the after-game alpha-gobbledygook transmission exclusive for media divulgence.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
How was Lussick any more 'mediocre' than, say, Mannah last night? They both got through a lot of tackles in their time on the pitch (about 1 tackle per minute). Similar hit ups, similar metres. I only just watched the game, Wicks was great, but I think you've got to remember how much work the starting props got through early on.

Look at the stats Baz. Mannah's are good. Lussick's not so.

Avenger

Immortal
I'm disappointed in Reece Robinson. Thought he would be much better.
I'm also disappointed in Hoppoate. As someone else said, he's tidy at the back, but that's about it. I realise it might take him a few more games to adjust to the fullback role, but if reports are correct - that Norman will move to fullback next year to make way for Foran - why are we persevering with Hoppoate at fullback? Hoppoate has lovely ball-skills and vision, but he's not chiming into the attack at all. I reckon Robinson's days are numbered but I wouldn't mind giving him one little shot at fullback to see how he goes. He's clearly not a winger.

My point exactly re: Hoppa.

Latest posts