What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game thread v the Dogs

The Colonel

Immortal
Call me crazy, and I'd love to get Parra fans thoughts on this, but I actually think you guys look a better side when you have Peats and De Gois on the field at the same time. I was noticing that predominantly Peats and De Gois alternated in filling in at half back, along with Joseph Paulo in at various points in time at half back when Sandow was off the field. I'll probably have to go over the game to confirm this but I thought Peats linked up well with his outside backs and looked dangerous overall when he had the ball in his hands. I remember when we had him at Souths we had him and Isaac Luke on the field at the same time, with Peats playing in the back row and it worked at treat. Just some food for thought.

Ruck speed increases with both on the field. Watmough played prop and Peats was at lock. It's a good idea but it's not something that will work every week.

Parra47

Juniors
Its a long season, when we get players back from injury and suspension things will improve. Everything went wrong for us on Friday night, but its only round two. Plenty of time.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Unfortunately it's looking like you were both right and I was wrong.
If I was the coach I'd be very close to dropping him now. He might get a reprieve because we're already one winger short. Then, again - he's clearly not a winger. I saw him play fullback for Canberra and he was electric in attack. But I shudder to think what his defence might be like.

Don't worry about Robbo, I'm sure it was just an off week and he'll go better next time. After all, it's not like those Kiwis are big enough to ragdoll him.

We were both due ;-)

Four different clubs and hasn't cemented a position outside of injury.... Had Hayne still been at the club he wouldn't have been signed. He will continue to be picked because the other options aren't standouts. Saw it coming unfortunately. Should have given the position to someone with the potential to improve.

Yep.

That's the Robbo I remember.

Four different clubs and hasn't cemented a position outside of injury.... Had Hayne still been at the club he wouldn't have been signed. He will continue to be picked because the other options aren't standouts. Saw it coming unfortunately. Should have given the position to someone with the potential to improve.

How do you figure that? He was signed the week before Hayne left,as a backup option:

"Parramatta finalised the deal with the Raiders back last weekend well before hearing of the shock news that Hayne would be leaving the club to pursue his dream of playing in the NFL."

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/eels-sign-reece-robinson/

T.S Quint

Coach
Its a long season, when we get players back from injury and suspension things will improve. Everything went wrong for us on Friday night, but its only round two. Plenty of time.

Problem is we don't seem to be losing these players for 2-3 weeks. We are going to be missing them for huge chunks of the season. The whole season in a couple of cases. We may be too far behind by the time they get back.

Parra47

Juniors
Problem is we don't seem to be losing these players for 2-3 weeks. We are going to be missing them for huge chunks of the season. The whole season in a couple of cases. We may be too far behind by the time they get back.

Agreed, but lets not get too stressed just yet. We will get some players back soon. We are looking thin out wide though.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We were looking overbooked out wide. Lavaka has been playing RM Cup! At least now some backups will get an opportunity, which is why we're paying them.

The Colonel

Immortal
How do you figure that? He was signed the week before Hayne left,as a backup option:

"Parramatta finalised the deal with the Raiders back last weekend well before hearing of the shock news that Hayne would be leaving the club to pursue his dream of playing in the NFL."

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/eels-sign-reece-robinson/

I don't think it was the shock decision that it has been made out to be. Not a conspiracy theorist but if Hayne had stayed there wasn't a need IMO.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
arthur was always looking for a cheap experienced winger due to Sio leaving thus we signed Robinson - it was also rumour we were looking at Sandor Earle. We signed Brad T due to hayne leaving

Chipmunk

Coach
arthur was always looking for a cheap experienced winger due to Sio leaving thus we signed Robinson - it was also rumour we were looking at Sandor Earle. We signed Brad T due to hayne leaving

Didn't I read a newspaper report somewhere that both BA and Takairangi where in Bali at the same time when The Plane announced he was leaving and they had a meeting at BA's hotel not long after?

Acme

Juniors
Hey Guys, First post from me. Been a massive Parra fan all the way since I jumped on the bandwagon as a little kid in the 80's. Loving what BA has brought to the club.

As others have stated, I'm not too sure about Robbo. I wonder now with Champion out whether that will impact on BA's decision to play him.

It appears that Sandow has not learned any lessons in regard to playing in a team.

Is anyone else still confused about the penalty that was given to Morris when Hoppa "dangerously" came into contact with him as he was going for a bomb? Hoppa was clearly going for the ball and didn't attempt to grab or bump Morris.
Does this mean that if you jump in the air to catch a ball then you are not allowed to be touched until you hit the ground? Complete bullshit call and no one seemed to even mention it?

Kornstar

Coach
Hey Guys, First post from me. Been a massive Parra fan all the way since I jumped on the bandwagon as a little kid in the 80's. Loving what BA has brought to the club.

As others have stated, I'm not too sure about Robbo. I wonder now with Champion out whether that will impact on BA's decision to play him.

It appears that Sandow has not learned any lessons in regard to playing in a team.

Is anyone else still confused about the penalty that was given to Morris when Hoppa "dangerously" came into contact with him as he was going for a bomb? Hoppa was clearly going for the ball and didn't attempt to grab or bump Morris.
Does this mean that if you jump in the air to catch a ball then you are not allowed to be touched until you hit the ground? Complete bullshit call and no one seemed to even mention it?

Welcome, the Cowboys scored a try off the exact same thing last night, so it appears it is only the Eels who are bound by those rules.

caylo

Bench
We were looking overbooked out wide. Lavaka has been playing RM Cup! At least now some backups will get an opportunity, which is why we're paying them.

better overbooked with fridge first graders then not having enough, so I guess we are lucky there. No winger in our roster will replace Semi but hopefully there are players who can fill in adequately. The centre position will be difficult, Morgan and Toutai are very average, Davis and Cooks untested are probably the most likely replacements.

caylo

Bench
Welcome, the Cowboys scored a try off the exact same thing last night, so it appears it is only the Eels who are bound by those rules.
very bad call, we did not get any calls going out way. BA need to give the refs a spray to get them go our way

Kornstar

Coach
very bad call, we did not get any calls going out way. BA need to give the refs a spray to get them go our way

What upset me the most was that we overcame the inept referees (who were trying to impress Des) and then threw the game away with complete and utter stupidity!

Forty20

First Grade

Can't see him doing it, at least not in public. He simply refuses to make excuses for the team performance other than what we ourselves did wrong. I certainly love the culture that he is building due to it but it means you have to cop the shitty calls.

Can't see him doing it, at least not in public. He simply refuses to make excuses for the team performance other than what we ourselves did wrong. I certainly love the culture that he is building due to it but it means you have to cop the shitty calls.

Exactly right Forty. We gotta stop chasing shadows and chase footballers.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Aparently the journalist who ask Arthur about Hayne at press conference on Friday night ( which arthur did seem happy about ) was an American journalist ( Steve mascot mentioned it today but can't find link.

T.S Quint

Coach

Wiley_ACME_LOGO.jpg

Welcome aboard. :D

T.S Quint

Coach

Not confused about it at all. I know exactly what happened - the ref just got the call wrong.
It happens.

Latest posts