What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game tonight against Tigers

Minh

First Grade
First of all the Tigers played well and deserved to win, they will be very hard to beat once Lawrence returns as well. Every time they spread the ball out wide with Marshall, Lui and Moltzen operating they looked very dangerous, especially with those inside balls to their hard running backrowers.

Can't believe the options we took in attack in that second half it was as though we didn't believe in our ability to score tries we had to resort to stupid kicks early in the tackle count, it was just panick stations all over the place every pass we pushed led to an error.

We may not get a second chance the last two seasons the loser of this game has been eliminated, even if we do get another shot on form if we dish up the same second half display we will lose our next game.

AMIG

Juniors
In all seriousness do you really want to put yourself through another one of these displays? That was pathetic and we looked so tired...8 interchanges by the 61st minute?

TheRev

First Grade
clearly we mentally arent where we were mid-season or in 2010, but we arent far off it.. and with a bit more luck, we can still beat anyone, we should have been 12-18 in front tonight, but we didnt capitilise, and like you said, the early tackle count (low %) plays are killing me...

Best thing for us is a 2nd chance, sudden death, no more messing around.

TheRev

First Grade
also can I remind you that half time, we looked every bit the champions of 2010, as always though halftime can be a killer, and by the time we woke up, there was not enough time left in the game.

greeny12

Juniors
also can I remind you that half time, we looked every bit the champions of 2010, as always though halftime can be a killer, and by the time we woke up, there was not enough time left in the game.

Agree. Unfortunately we take a while to wake up after 2nd half. And we are no good at chasing the scoreboard, we can do it but we panic. Example was Scott offloads that weren't on and Morris not taking the Cooper pass. We get flustered. I'm hoping Manly and Melbourne win, and Brisbane lose. I think we're a better chance at beating Warriors in NZ than Broncos in Brisbane. But as long as we get a second chance I'll take it.

Brisbane lost their first finals game to us in 06 :sarcasm: ........

moik

Bench
I'm still confident. That 1st half of ours was the best we've played since beating Manly. Normally I'd be ok taking the penalty kicks but we had them shot and didn't take advantage.

Minh

First Grade
I'm still confident. That 1st half of ours was the best we've played since beating Manly. Normally I'd be ok taking the penalty kicks but we had them shot and didn't take advantage.

Awesome first half to come back like that, nobody can beat us in that form but the second half slumber reared it's ugly head again, they looked clueless.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
In all seriousness do you really want to put yourself through another one of these displays? That was pathetic and we looked so tired...8 interchanges by the 61st minute?
Agree 100%....been following them for 53 years......but if I thought I had to watch another P..s Poor effort like that 2nd half...then I dont think Id bother....Im from the old school I know but the Dragons of the 60s would never have put in an effort like that...dont matter what the situation......and how long a season they had had......attitude change when Bennett announced his departure, I dont care what anyone says.

scarcev

Juniors
Sorry guys it may have been a good first half by you guys but the Tigers were rubbish. You needed to go in 12-18 up taking shots for goal and drop goals against a team that plays better when they need points is silly IMO.

Minh

First Grade
Sorry guys it may have been a good first half by you guys but the Tigers were rubbish. You needed to go in 12-18 up taking shots for goal and drop goals against a team that plays better when they need points is silly IMO.

It was really a game of two halves, we've always played that grinding style Sowards goal kicking let us down there because you need to land them if you take them (penalties) instead of pressing the attack, hindsight is always a wonderful thing, the better team won tonight.

nrlnrl

First Grade

I agree, "no mercy" - Tigers were on the ropes & hanging on late in the first half, needed to "sweep the leg"

DirtyHarry

Juniors
Agree 100%....been following them for 53 years......but if I thought I had to watch another P..s Poor effort like that 2nd half...then I dont think Id bother....Im from the old school I know but the Dragons of the 60s would never have put in an effort like that...dont matter what the situation......and how long a season they had had......attitude change when Bennett announced his departure, I dont care what anyone says.

You have made 150 posts & in 148 of them you tell us you have been supporting the Dragons for 53 years. Is there any meaningful point to this statistic :roll:

Anyway, we looked the goods at times in the first half. Twice we opted to take 2 points when we had them on the back foot, should have put more pressure on them.

Second half was p!ss poor. Sadly me thinks we are done :(

From an outsiders perspective:

Be glad Boyd and Gasnier are gone.
Hornby has got zero game.
Time to say goodbye to Young.
Play Moltzen at 5/8 and Soward at 7.
Ship Weyman off. He's busted and gone.

nontime111

Juniors
Personally I think the moment when the Dragons lost this game was when Soward chose to go for the kick just before half time instead of going for the try. They really needed to dominate the Tigers by a big margin to strangle them out of the game and they missed that opportunity. That really kind of slowed their momentum down and their spirit, that's when they lost the game and dropped off.. right before half time. Soward.. going for the two points is not always the answer. Go with the momentum!!

RE THE GAME!

austinpowers.jpg

THAT IS ALL.

BEST OF LUCK IN 2012!

AS LONG AS THE COWBOYS WIN I'LL STILL BE A HAPPY LIDDLE CAMPER AS NO ONE EXPECTS ANYTHING OUT OF THE KNIGHTS SEEING THE DRAGONS BOW OUT IN WEEK 1 OF THE FINALS WILL HAVE ME SMILING TIL NEXT SEASON WHEN WE GET UR COACH AND BEST PLAYER :)

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
You have made 150 posts & in 148 of them you tell us you have been supporting the Dragons for 53 years. Is there any meaningful point to this statistic :roll:

Anyway, we looked the goods at times in the first half. Twice we opted to take 2 points when we had them on the back foot, should have put more pressure on them.

Second half was p!ss poor. Sadly me thinks we are done :(
My meaniful point is that Im not just a blow in that comments....being around for that long Ive seen it all good times and bad... so unlike a lot of posts I comment on the past and present ....and as for 148 posts thats just a little far fetched dont you think.. I could reply with whats your point with commenting on my support time ...still your entitled to your comments..... by the way how long has your support been.....

Last edited:

gypsy

Bench
AS LONG AS THE COWBOYS WIN I'LL STILL BE A HAPPY LIDDLE CAMPER AS NO ONE EXPECTS ANYTHING OUT OF THE KNIGHTS SEEING THE DRAGONS BOW OUT IN WEEK 1 OF THE FINALS WILL HAVE ME SMILING TIL NEXT SEASON WHEN WE GET UR COACH AND BEST PLAYER :)

You know you're struggling when you're happy enough with your side bowing out first week of the semis. Dragons will live to play next week, Knights will be in Bali or somewhere by then.

Fingerbang

Bench
So, Broncos in Brisbane if 1,2 and 3 all win today and tomorrow.

This may seem a harder game than Warriors in Auckland, but I reckon a better option seeing the winner of Dragons v Broncos will play Manly at ANZ while the winner of Tigers v Warriors face Storm in Melbourne in week 3.

If we can't improve enough to beat Broncos without Thaiday and Hoffman, we don't deserve a chance at the premiership.

The thing I find funny about this McIntyre system is, say if Knights happen to upset Storm....we play Knights after losing week 1, while the team who beat us has the much harder task of facing Storm in week 2. Get through to week 3, and we got Manly in Sydney while Tigers face Broncos in Brisbane.