What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameday Thread; team changes, confirmed/rumours, Live Scores, Prematch discussion

Kornstar

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
It was a great win but put it in perspective guys. The young fellas that were brought up did their job, got a taste of the big time but the Raiders were just as bad as we were good. Their time will come but you can't just keep all of those changes on the back of a win like that. I'd keep Fa'aoso ahead of Ian H (far out the bloke couldn't catch the ball if he had a bucket) but that's about it. Let Green and Inu have an off season to prepare for a full season of FG, they filled in brilliantly and Hagan showed great faith in them but it could ruin them if they are brought along too quickly.

Anyway, brilliant watching :D. Tim Smith took control and ran very well even if he took a few bad options, he still looked very sharp tonight. That dummy Inu threw just had class written all over it, also his footwork and understanding with Jarryd were great. Green was very composed and let Tim run the show and it worked, their combo was better than Finch and Smith have shown.

And I love that the Knights lost, and how they kept saying it was only a matter of time before Lowrie was our five-eighth and that Hagan doesn't promote young players... :lol:.

You see, this is what really sh*ts me!!!!!! EVERY halfback in EVERY single game played makes bad options eg kicking out on the full, forward pass, however when Timmy does it, 90% of Parra fans bag the absolute tripe out of the poor bloke, i am sick and tired of hearing the moans at the game when he doesn't score off every play or only gets us a repeat set instead of a try...........from now on i am taking my ipod and listening to it during the game so i NO LONGER have to listen to ungrateful Parra fans, i am over them all!!!!!! Last week when most of the crowd booed him when they announced the team made me feel sick!!!!

No halfback is perfect and will make mistakes during the game.......

parra pete

Referee
T Smith is playing better..but still doesn't take on the line...Why not? He's got tats so he must be tough enough..
If he slipped a dummy every now and then and stepped he would at least create a bit of mystery about his play. He is far too predictable...
His short kicking game is average to good, but his long kicking needs heaps of attention..
Good win tonight, but gees, the Raiders were their own worst enemy...

sooperdooper

First Grade
parra pete i can agree and disagree with you.... on post 143 i think tim has a great short kicking
not sure if you saw it but t smith did a bit of a Scott prince show and go and it was great play... if he can bring in just a lil bit more running every now and then his game will imrpove out of sight!!!
blake smith really complimented him tonight and it was good to have 2 kicking options there!!

sooperdooper

First Grade
kornstar your spot on the money..... i am to sick and tired of the constant criticism of our players esp t smith!
i put it down to the fact that in 05 we were so close and he had a very influential year!

MrT

Juniors
parra pete said:
T Smith is playing better..but still doesn't take on the line...Why not? He's got tats so he must be tough enough..
If he slipped a dummy every now and then and stepped he would at least create a bit of mystery about his play. He is far too predictable...
His short kicking game is average to good, but his long kicking needs heaps of attention..

Sorry Parra Pete, name me a a half back at the club that even comes close to Tim Smith

He is by far and away the best we have, and behind the right pack of fowards he would run rampant.

Would you say Jow Williams or Ben Roberts are better halfbacks?

They don't even come close even though they have better packs infront of them.

Tim Smith had to make some quick decsions tonight and he did it well.
If he played in front of a big pack, he would be even better.

Tonight proved Green/Smith are the future.

Canberra were poor, but our halves went about their business

DanceMaster2000

Juniors
parra pete said:

Hmmmm Peter, Tims short kicking game is tremendous, not average to good, his problem is his long kicking game. He`looked very dangerous tonight and i note one dummy he threw was brillant ;-)

DanceMaster2000

Juniors
MrT said:
Sorry Parra Pete, name me a a half back at the club that even comes close to Tim Smith

He is by far and away the best we have, and behind the right pack of fowards he would run rampant.

Would you say Jow Williams or Ben Roberts are better halfbacks?

They don't even come close even though they have better packs infront of them.

Tim Smith had to make some quick decsions tonight and he did it well.
If he played in front of a big pack, he would be even better.

Tonight proved Green/Smith are the future.

Canberra were poor, but our halves went about their business

Good post, Canberra looked alright for the first 30 minutes, but were owned after by our tremendous defense.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Timmy and Blake showed what a good comination they will be, Sorry Finchy back to premier league for you methinks.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
It was a great win but put it in perspective guys. The young fellas that were brought up did their job, got a taste of the big time but the Raiders were just as bad as we were good. Their time will come but you can't just keep all of those changes on the back of a win like that. I'd keep Fa'aoso ahead of Ian H (far out the bloke couldn't catch the ball if he had a bucket) but that's about it. Let Green and Inu have an off season to prepare for a full season of FG, they filled in brilliantly and Hagan showed great faith in them but it could ruin them if they are brought along too quickly.

Anyway, brilliant watching :D. Tim Smith took control and ran very well even if he took a few bad options, he still looked very sharp tonight. That dummy Inu threw just had class written all over it, also his footwork and understanding with Jarryd were great. Green was very composed and let Tim run the show and it worked, their combo was better than Finch and Smith have shown.

And I love that the Knights lost, and how they kept saying it was only a matter of time before Lowrie was our five-eighth and that Hagan doesn't promote young players... :lol:.
Maybe the reason Hagen didn't promote Juniors at the Knights is that there crap :lol:

eel4life

Juniors
Tim Smith is getting better and better every single week, how many mistakes did Andrew Johns make last week, i have seen him make mistakes in games plenty of times but he gets on with it and no-one harps on it.

Smithy last night did some great things, there was a pass he threw to hayne that was called forward which would of made the score 44 - 0, but it wasnt to be he is running the ball, he is more confident, Hagan has def helped his game.

He needs experience under his belt to become better.

Pass to Hayne then hayne flicks to Cordoba
Kick into ingoal they stuff it up B Smith try
Pass to piggy near the line they drop off piggy he scores.

Green was great aswell he compliments Smiths game. Greens kicking game in the second half was awesome.

parra pete

Referee
sooperdooper said:
kornstar your spot on the money..... i am to sick and tired of the constant criticism of our players esp t smith!
i put it down to the fact that in 05 we were so close and he had a very influential year!

T Smith = Koala Bear..I call em as I see em. Know good thinking one way and say sumfink else.

fish eel

Immortal
I wouldnt get overly excited about the result last night.

I thought we were quite poor in the first half, Canberra gave us those 2 tries.

The second half was much better however, and our defence was very solid. Even the so called turnstyle, Inu.

We need to play much better to compete next week however.

caylo

Bench
parra pete said:
T Smith = Koala Bear..I call em as I see em. Know good thinking one way and say sumfink else.

Pete I'm very intrested to know your honest verdicts of timmys game last night. This is not a go at you, i realy want to know what you think. You said in the off-season that you hope you are eating humble pie... we'll has he performed good enough for you to change you opinnion yet? OR do you need more? like i said this is a sincer question, not a go at you.

parra pete

Referee
caylo said:
Pete I'm very intrested to know your honest verdicts of timmys game last night. This is not a go at you, i realy want to know what you think. You said in the off-season that you hope you are eating humble pie... we'll has he performed good enough for you to change you opinnion yet? OR do you need more? like i said this is a sincer question, not a go at you.

He is improving..but I still don't think he is playing as good as everyone on here is suggesting. In reality, his overall game in not very good
But, he has good vision for a long pass and some of the ones he has thrown in the past two games have paid off.
I agree with the caller of the game last night..He was kicking for the sake of kicking. His short kicking game is OK, but his long kicking needs plenty of work.
I would prefer to see him forget about the kicking and leave it to Finch/Green/Burt/Marsh and concentrate on acquiring a bit of variety in his game. Run the ball for a change..put a bit of doubt in the minds of his opponent.
If he can do that I think he would be better value for the team...and himself.

caylo

Bench
parra pete said:
He is improving..but I still don't think he is playing as good as everyone on here is suggesting. In reality, his overall game in not very good
But, he has good vision for a long pass and some of the ones he has thrown in the past two games have paid off.
I agree with the caller of the game last night..He was kicking for the sake of kicking. His short kicking game is OK, but his long kicking needs plenty of work.
I would prefer to see him forget about the kicking and leave it to Finch/Green/Burt/Marsh and concentrate on acquiring a bit of variety in his game. Run the ball for a change..put a bit of doubt in the minds of his opponent.
If he can do that I think he would be better value for the team...and himself.

OMG i thought it never happen. I agree, i don't think he should stop kicking altogether. But if blake played, and they shared the role alot more, it would improve his game, because it makes the team less predictable. Im impressed that timmy has run the ball more often, rather than just catching and passing, he is running to the line and passing, making his passing game mroe effective. Like i said last week, i did believe timmy played that well, but showed signs. He definatlty dropped off last week, and started a little slow this week.
Would you have him in First grade? Or if finchy were to come back in would you pick blake??

Kornstar

Coach
Finch has been SH*T!!!!!!! What the hell is the matter with you people?????????????

Regardless of the clear hate for Tim Smith from some people, Finch has done NOTHING to warrant being picked ahead of Smith!!!!

This is getting beyond a joke, seriously, i am positive that we could win the GF and come on here after it and see 400 posts of what Tim Smith could have done better. Now before i get the smarta$$ comments about "as if Tim is good enough to play in a GF" i am just making a point that the blinding hate is getting very, very old and i am sick of hearing it.

So he didn't play like Andrew Johns last night, he still did enough to get us over the line on more than one occasion, all this talk of we were crap because we scored a few lucky tries, we still scored them didn't we, did you see the try that Quinn scored for Melbourne, Cronk put a nothing bomb up that was too deep, however because Quinn was determined he got the lucky bounce and scored, are you going to complain that Cronk put up a crap kick, so therefore he is crap??????

Parra Pete mentioned that the Raiders got dodgy calls against them, so did we, why didn't you point that out? The Raiders were crap and we capitalised, isn't that a positive, we didn't just do what we needed to do to win, we smashed them in the end and should have been 44-6 if it wasn't for a pathetic officials decision!!!!!

It may not have been our best game but there were far more positives then there were negatives and we were better than last week......

Latest posts