What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gardner what's doin?

webShark

Dropped without any explanation or comment. You can keep your free tickets! I have already paid for Foxtel.

Leaving out our one attacking weapon in a meaningless game is the final straw. What really irks is we have some passionate supporters never mind fickle and I count myself as one. But even I see next to no point turning up to watch a boring team take on the bottom of the comp. Plus rumours Gall may not play just make the decision easier. How far are we above the Titans if we lose? Spoon is probably not beyond us.

island pro

Juniors
When someone is injured there is usually some info out there, like in the article accompanying the team sheet. It stated Best was injured, so I would have assumed it would mention any other players being left out via injury.

island pro

Juniors
Appropriately ‘Close the Gap round’ will see Gordon get to show his wares against his hero with the Sharks fullback revealing he was surprised to be elevated over Nathan Gardner.
“I was just a bit shocked more than anything. Especially to be picked instead of Gards, I thought he must have been injured or something,” Gordon said.

Source: Sharks website (I don't know how to link)

This would suggest Gards is not injured.

Last edited:

azzah72

Bench
I got told today he's been a pain in the ass over the last few weeks, on top of that some of his on field decision making has been sub standard at best putting alot of pressure on us.

Delboy

First Grade
Attitude was the reason that he was not fought for by the Eels, having said that I think he would still be a handy player.

Sharks got Gards and Kelly as Joe Grima knew their potential and has always believed it could be harnassed

Poss

Juniors
Cant imagine your Billy Slaters or Minichellos electing to kick the ball on the full off a clearing kick from the opposing team rather than catch it. Some of his decisions are pretty stupid.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Interesting.

Attitude could be simply just be over the club and I can't really blame him for that.

I smell a st merge move with Joey...a bit like the Benny and Boyd show.

Of course this is just my paranoia kickin in but stranger things have happened

Last edited:

broncos70

Juniors
got dropped and wasn't told why. He was upset, and fuming. It's gotta be attitude more than anything. Not injured

webShark

I got told today he's been a pain in the ass over the last few weeks, on top of that some of his on field decision making has been sub standard at best putting alot of pressure on us.

No wonder nothing was said. Must admit his volley last week was both stupid and entertaining (although it led to a Peter Wallace try). The game was already gone at that point. That said the attitude of a lot of the others must be amazing for them to keep their spots. Their attitude in defence was pathetic and at least Gards gave the impression he cared. Admitedly, Slater may not have done what Gards did. But Gards is closer to Billy than some of the others are to NRL players. Snowden's 'attitude' is hardly exemplary.

There will be 3 sitting on the bench Sat night, though only 1 cannot play because of injury(Gallen)
Best and Gardner, as either a knee jerk by Flanno or a push from outside sources as a result of Brisbane game, were dropped. Rightly or wrongly, Flanno will stick with his decision, made before the realisation that Gallen is virtually no chance.
The question is, why did the Club give out reports of injuries( sometimes conflicting) on virtually all players that are 'missing' this week? e.g Best knee and hamstring, Williams and Wright both with 'niggles' and Gardner hoping to be over his injuries before Saturday! (all these 'facts' were viewed in various articles on NRL.com) Were these reports to save face for the 'dropped', or relegated players or for Flanno, should his changes 'backfire'?

Windy70

Juniors
if they deal with him one on one and explain things to him then he will be ok and better for it. He is young and they need to tread carefully or he'll tantrum and we lose him. Communication is key.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Interesting that we are comparing Gards to Slater. I remember BS being dropped from SOO and maybe even first grade at one point. He took the challange by the cags and look at him now. Hopefully Gards takes a leaf out of that book. If he spits his dummy and decides he wants to go elsewhere then dissappointment will follow him everywhere until he learns to deal with the criticism. Just quietly I reckon he knows why and is accepting but nonetheless pissed off. These are good things if he directs that towards improving ala Billy the kid.

Latest posts