What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gasnier signed with union?

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Gasnier makes the switch to Union
Written by: Michael Edgar
1/04/2006
LARGE_gasnier_040501.jpg
Ahead of the Dragons clash against arch-rivals Brisbane, Dragons centre Mark Gasnier has inked a three year deal with the ARU but is yet to decide on the which team he will play for, only ruling out the struggling Western Force. Terms of the deal were not disclosed but the offer is believed to be over $700,000 per season for the next three seasons making Gasnier a Wallaby until at least 2009.

Debate has raged in the past few weeks regarding Gasnier’s prospects in both codes with many believing his defection to the ARU was inevitable.

When pressed for a statement on why he chose to quit League, Gasnier’s manager George Mimis gave a simple “no comment”.

It is believed Gasnier will call a press conference after the Broncos match to officially confirm all League fans worst held fears that he will be playing in the 2007 Rugby World Cup.

NRL and ARL officials are yet to comment but there is no doubt the news will come as a blow to League and will cost Gasnier his Australian jersey and his New South Wales jersey.

Mark Gasnier is the nephew of League legend and Immortal Reg Gasnier who played for the history making St George sides of the 1960’s.

The only thing thats making me not believe it is the date.
Remember his statement at the beginning of the season asking his teammates to accept pay cuts so they could keep the team together. Gasnier & Mimis, what a combination.

LESStar58

Referee
fishingjedi said:
The only thing thats making me not believe it is the date.

Does ANyONE else remember what happened on April Fools Day 1995?

That was no joke.... :evil:

The_Coach

Juniors
Got me hook, line and sinker. I even knew it was April fools, but for some reason thought this was true.

Probably because it is going to happen.

God-King Dean

Immortal
You bastard ! "Got him, yes, p*ss off, your out"

I have a hangover & get on my computer & read this sh*t !

nqboy

First Grade
Interesting name for the poster - fishingjedi.

Well done, I picked up immediately that there was no link but it was very well written.

legend

Coach
Yep and Johns the year before.

It's become an annual tradition and it's catching on nicely. About an hour after I put the articles up, I go to the forums outside LU and see how many took the bait. The Saints Ninemsn forum were happy to oblige. ;-)

Andy04

Juniors
What a sting - hadley pretty much just read out this article and said he weants to speak to Michael Edgar!!!

Latest posts