What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaud no not Toupou again ... NOOOOO.

snoozer

Bench
i'm in 2 minds over toops,

1 - i haven't missed him since he's been gone.

2 - potentially valuable with injury depth later in season.

will agree that has not been value for money and unless he shows some real form later in year - f**k him off(if we can).

Special K

Coach
To be fair on him he has been in very shit sides at the sharks. Look at the difference between best and Pom compared to last year. If toops can get fit and back in form he would be a beast behind graham, smith, Bukuya and gal.

webShark

Personally I think toops has not shown enough in 3 years for me to think otherwise. He makes my top 5 dud shark signings in the over 300k category

Which 4 were worse? Ben Ross due to injury. I think even Vagana did more. The gnome possibly. Who else is in the frame?

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Wow, that's incredible that no-one was on top of his contract situation. If he does play on I hope for the sharks sake he absolutely kills it for you ( dally m kills it...) otherwise off to England perhaps?

To be fair on him he has been in very shit sides at the sharks. Look at the difference between best and Pom compared to last year. If toops can get fit and back in form he would be a beast behind graham, smith, Bukuya and gal.

Agree wholeheartedly, I dont know anything about how miraculous the surgery is going to be, but playing in our winning side would be motiovation plenty for Toops or anyone else for that matter. I'm watching this space.

webShark

Wow, that's incredible that no-one was on top of his contract situation. If he does play on I hope for the sharks sake he absolutely kills it for you ( dally m kills it...) otherwise off to England perhaps?

Clubs in England not that stupid. Let's face it , we are stuck with him. Just when we thought we had the cap space for a Trex/Matai or Dave Taylor (if Gold Coast deal fails).

Next thread will be Pom and hotdog can exercise options. We are relying on Toops to leave voluntarily under an injury cloud. So we have $720k invested in Toops and Gordon with no major sponsor. I am unsure how serious the injury to Gordon is. But with us don't believe anything until he is playing for us fully fit. Tbh, Toops injury coincided with our good run of form. We don't need him. He is one of our highest paid and has delivered nothing. Risky even taking JT.on a 5 year deal. Form and injury too unpredictable. Look at Ropati. Bet the Warriors glad not on a 5 year deal.

I think Toops is the equal worst value in the NRL along with John Sutton. Adam Blair's also started like Toops. Useless.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
have a gig at all the spastics in here thinking its a bad thing to have toops on our books.
Lets cheerfully forget about the fact that maybe J.Smith would not have signed if toops wasnt there.
lets selectively forget that Gal may have gone elsewhere if Toops, J.Smith etc were not there.
Lets seredipiously forget that maybe Gibbs & Burrito may have reneged had not Toops, Gal, Smith etc etc etc.
You weak keyboard cutiez make it all sound so EZ.
Toops has been great for us in bad seasons. MOM week in week week out.
Forget the salary, remember what he has brought & will bring when fit.
Great player. Great Shark.
You are all lame mutha phuckers..

webShark

Toops has been great for us in bad seasons. MOM week in week week out.
Forget the salary, remember what he has brought & will bring when fit.
Great player. Great Shark.
You are all lame mutha phuckers..

You can't forget his salary when you operate within a salary cap.MOM week in week out. Should have won the Dally M. But I guess only you , his agent and family think that. He has played 72 games and doubt been clear MOM once. The odd good game only. What is it with you and Toops? The only person I know who rates him is a Roosters fan. He may have attracted good players here. But now they're here , so he can go. He will attract no-one now. If so good why no rep honours whilst at Sharks? Suppose the selectors.coaches and Dally M adjudicators know nothing too. Bakuya has been far better.

Latest posts