What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaud no not Toupou again ... NOOOOO.

carcharias

Immortal
have a gig at all the spastics in here thinking its a bad thing to have toops on our books.
Lets cheerfully forget about the fact that maybe J.Smith would not have signed if toops wasnt there.
lets selectively forget that Gal may have gone elsewhere if Toops, J.Smith etc were not there.
Lets seredipiously forget that maybe Gibbs & Burrito may have reneged had not Toops, Gal, Smith etc etc etc.
You weak keyboard cutiez make it all sound so EZ.
Toops has been great for us in bad seasons. MOM week in week week out.
Forget the salary, remember what he has brought & will bring when fit.
Great player. Great Shark.
You are all lame mutha phuckers..

Yay!
Good morning mr reef.

Be interested to see how toops goes with carney.
Could be lethal at close range.

shaggs

Coach
have a gig at all the spastics in here thinking its a bad thing to have toops on our books.
Lets cheerfully forget about the fact that maybe J.Smith would not have signed if toops wasnt there.
lets selectively forget that Gal may have gone elsewhere if Toops, J.Smith etc were not there.
Lets seredipiously forget that maybe Gibbs & Burrito may have reneged had not Toops, Gal, Smith etc etc etc.

Good to have you back.

PHaTMaN

Juniors

Maybe this, maybe that, maybe Carney wouldn't have signed either, or maybe we could have got them all plus more with the spare 420k we would have without Toops.

Dont get me wrong, I like the guy. I played under 19s with him and he is a solid footy player, but worth 420k a year? NO f**king WAY. How can we magically foget the salary when there is a salary cap?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
And maybe if he had a little luck with injury, him and Gallen would known as the lethal two.

But what happened was he always put in, had no luck with injury.

Happen with Ross too.

I cant fault a bloke who has a bad run with the body, if anyone wants to fault his effort when on, expect an arguement.

I can fault a pea heart gifted game after game.

I can only hope to see him in the Premiership winning photo with Gall, Jezza, Bakuya.

ghoti

Bench
We need a backrower of his skill level and experience in the next few years on the transition through to the next generation... Smith will be pretty fuggen close to retirement at the end of next year, Gal probably only has another three seasons in him. If we tie up Graham and Bukuya long-term, and hold onto Toops for another three seasons, we've got a very solid back row for the last couple of years of Gal/Smith, and something quality just past them. If he's happy here and we can hold onto him, we'd be mad to let him go.

He's really given a lot to the club. For an Australian backrower to come to our struggling side and put as much in as he has in some bloody woeful teams, push through some painful injuries that will hang around for the rest of his life, and then for us to want him gone is pretty bad form. Extend his contract and hopefully we can pay a little less for him.

Quigs

Immortal
well i like toops. I think his style of play changed somewhat as we went into a bad slide of form.

He is not a bash and barger, which he started to do.

He is a creative player and I hope he can get the chance to do it again for us.

It will be different for Toops playing in a side full of confidence to playing in a side just waiting for something to go terribly wrong.

Anyhow time will tell.

Snoop Shark

First Grade

Wrong on so many levels.

It's good to see you talking shit again.

Fact #1- Jezza did NOT sign because of Toops

Fact #2- Gal did NOT stay on because of Toops

Fact #3- Toops has NEVER won a man of the match since his time at the sharks.

Kepp the dribble up dribbler

coolumsharkie

Referee
Just like old times, I have to agree that the doom and gloom is nowhere near warranted. Quality player but probably not worth the coin in hindsight only.. I was stoked to have him on board at the time.

Some of you are also forgetting that the ops on player market is hardly worth blowing your bolt over, and considering his position would have to be replaced, would you all prefer the likes of Justin Poore etc?

carcharias

Immortal
Ey
On ch 10 news it said toops is gonna exercise his option on the
5th year.
Flano confirmed it.

Did him and carney play together at the roosters?

carcharias

Immortal
INJURED Cronulla backrower Anthony Tupou will remain a Shark next year and the club has ruled out making a play for unwanted Penrith centre Michael Jennings.

Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan confirmed Tupou had activated a clause in his contract that will see him line up for at least one more season at the club.
Flanagan dismissed reports that the club were unaware of the possibility that Tupou — who is recovering from a knee injury — had an option to remain at the club for a fifth year.
‘‘He’ll be here next year,’’ Flanagan said. But the club have ruled out making a bid for unwanted Penrith centre Michael Jennings.
Short on outside back depth, the club has already added Jennings’ Panthers teammate Michael Gordon for next season but have stopped short of chasing the NSW centre.
‘‘I think he is a great player,’’ Flanagan said.
‘‘But I’m not paying that much money for him.’’
Meantime, the club are hopeful of securing Wade Graham to a long-term deal before their next clash against Parramatta at Parramatta Stadium on Monday, June 4.
‘‘I want him to be a long-term player at the club,’’ Flanagan said. ‘‘He is good, young and only going to get better.’’ The Sharks will train today before having three days off during the bye period. Cronulla’s NSW Cup will play Auckland Vulcans at 12.45pm on Saturday at Belmore Sports Ground.

http://www.theleader.com.au/news/lo...ou-stays-and-jennings-not-wanted/2566778.aspx

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Good news about Toops. Hopefully not going for Jennings means we are still going after Inu. AT half jennings price, it makes Inu look cheap & he is just as good. We could do with another winger/centre. its not like any of the Shire locals are going to step up & be anywhere near as good as Inu as the local league is soft & hopeless. We should cut Mills free & buy some real talent.

carcharias

Immortal
can we get Brent Tate for 1 year?

how does that fugger keep doing it?
he has died on the field about a doz times ...is he from the future?

carcharias

Immortal
Good news about Toops. Hopefully not going for Jennings means we are still going after Inu. AT half jennings price, it makes Inu look cheap & he is just as good. We could do with another winger/centre. its not like any of the Shire locals are going to step up & be anywhere near as good as Inu as the local league is soft & hopeless. We should cut Mills free & buy some real talent.

inu > dogs

looks done

Latest posts