Gavet gorrrrrrnnnnnn!!??

Discussion in 'New Zealand Warriors and NZRL' started by Mighty Ape Man, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Fufu Andronez

Fufu Andronez First Grade

Surely that's a backended 450k.

No one we could have swapped him with at the knights..?

Maybe big hopes for Jackson Frei

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. BLN2

BLN2 Juniors

Frei is on a development contract, not sure exactly what that is (ISP contract potentially? Or low first grade offer if he impresses), but no way he would be a straight swap. Lino, Gavet and Vuna leaving out of the blue, with only bottom dollar guys signed suggests to me there is someone coming in. Can't be a big name guy, but someone.

3. Iron Lion

Iron Lion Juniors

Backended would be the most likely and that's why they are willing to let him walk with a year to go. He is not worth that money to us and Knights willing to pay him that means we have money in the bank now to play with. Add in Vuna's money too and possibly money left over from Mannering and Lino and there could be a half decent signing coming in.

4. Beavers Headgear

Beavers Headgear First Grade

From what I understand from last season, the clubs name their top 30, which is where you must select your NRL side from, below that you have these development players, and under certain circumstances they can be upgraded to the full time squad or given dispensation to play

Examples that I know of last year from Manly were Fainu and Suli, both were development players, we had Taufua, Walker, Uate out among others so Suli was allowed to be upgraded. Later in the season Korosau went down against the Warriors, and the next week we named Fainu to play, the the NRL stepped in over the top of that and barred him from playing, because they believed that the initial 30 had adequate cover with Lewis Brown available lol, Brown then got injured and Fainu was allowed to play after that

BLN2 likes this.
  5. Wheeled Warrior

Wheeled Warrior Juniors

It depends on how much cap we have left. If management get their way with SJ reducing his contract we could be in chance with snaring a good signing. I like this set up in our management now. The feeling they have something planned intrigues me a whole lot. Looking at our squad Top 30 it's a pretty good one for overall quality. I fair we just need a good forward or 2 to make us a real threat at a maiden premiership. Long gone the days of having a bunch or B or C first graders.

6. Leber

Leber Juniors

We were thin on props to begin with. This doesn't help.

sup42 likes this.
  7. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Coach

On the one hand this is true. On the other it’s showing low tolerance for underperforming players with discipline issues, which I approve of.

8. Shaun Hewitt

Shaun Hewitt First Grade

Vuna is leaving??

9. Scott

Scott Bench

Mormon mission

10. Meth

Meth Moderator Staff Member

11. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Coach

Management really seem to be cracking the whip on the playing group, I hope it delivers results.

12. JJ

JJ Referee

Just wish Adam Blair was next

13. Shaun Hewitt

Shaun Hewitt First Grade

Apparentely not to be replaced
    Looking at extending Katas contract though

14. ZEROMISSTACKLES

ZEROMISSTACKLES First Grade

I've changed my tune on Blair. I don't think he's too bad a back rower, especially when I look at the inexperience back rowers we do have (barring Tohu of course).

He still ain't got no power but I've come to like his mobility, tackle count and ability to offload from time to time. I wouldnt pay 600k for him or even give him a Kiwis jersey but his season wasn't too bad for us.

Gavet is not getting replaced as someone has mentioned. Knights pack already shaping up to be lethal with David Klemmer joining the Saiafiti twins as well as Gavet.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...ooking-to-replace-james-gavet-for-2019-season

15. JJ

JJ Referee

Of course they are lol

16. JJ

JJ Referee

Blair is a depth forward at best IMO

Gavet doesn't make anyone lethal, but yep if the have Klemmer the Knights will continue to improve

17. Iafeta

Iafeta Referee

450k? Were they on acid??? There’s no way he’s worth more than $250k. Who signed that deal for the Warriors? Surely it’s a gee up.

JJ and VillaTheGorilla like this.
  18. Rich102

Rich102 Moderator Staff Member

Back ended deal apparently.

19. JJ

JJ Referee

Even so wouldn't make sense, nobody wanted him why backend a deal on someone who's never been good?

20. Matua

Matua Juniors

:eek:

Idiots.