What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaz is coming home

Bring back choc

Juniors
Story would be more plausible if they were talking about Reg tbh

The reality is Australian Rugby needs Gasnier. They've been struggling to generate interest the last couple years and his profile would at least get people talking Rugby again, they'll throw everything at him.

The NRL doesn't need Gasnier plus, as far as the Dragons should be concerned, Josh Morris > Mark Gasnier

Mate Rugby Yawinion hates league players. They would have already got gasnier back in Oz and playing super 14 if they really wanted him. I think he will come back to NRL if the money is right. I just hope he will never play against saints.

dragondad

First Grade
Gaz pledged any future NRL loyalty to the Dragons at his last Red V Forum. Plenty of witnesses there so I wouldn't be too worried.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Gaz pledged any future NRL loyalty to the Dragons at his last Red V Forum. Plenty of witnesses there so I wouldn't be too worried.

Yeah I couldn't see him playing for anyone else but the Dragons if he came back to the NRL.

If he did he'd be more hated then Barrett.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The f**king traitor wants in , 150k first year if he plays over 23 games 75 k bonus plus 1 k per try he scores , after that we talk some real business.
Mate, he went after the money. Is that why he is a traitor?

He didn't break any contracts. Third party payments from the NRL never eventuated, and there were big dollar offers in Europe.

Now he's taken a motza of frog union, and has set himself up. Here's hoping the dutch auction and money issues will be over with next year.

As for the story, it's a rumour created and dressed up to look like something else. I take it with a grain of salt.

j0nesy

Bench
I also heard this rumour on i98 news this morning. According to i98 Peter Doust has stated that he would be very interested to talk to Gasnier. Which is a lot more positive than what he had to say about Mason. Not saying it's true, or even likely but I think this is a little more plausible than some of the other rumours doing the rounds this off season.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I hope this is true, for two reasons. 1. he's still a very skillful player and would be a worthy acquisition to slot back into your backline. 2, and most importantly - it would almost certainly make Josh Morris a Bulldog for life :D

watatank

Coach
Why would Gasnier's signing ensure J. Morris doesn't come back? When Cooper moves on in a couple of years time we will have both a left centre position and the money to entice him back...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I hope this is true, for two reasons. 1. he's still a very skillful player and would be a worthy acquisition to slot back into your backline. 2, and most importantly - it would almost certainly make Josh Morris a Bulldog for life :D
Nice try Tim-plater. But it's more likely to see Josh keen as mustard to play back at Saints.

Cooper is in the backend of his career.

Most speedy centres would jump at the chance of playing outside of Gasnier.

Dave Q

Coach
Nice try Tim-plater. But it's more likely to see Josh keen as mustard to play back at Saints.

Cooper is in the backend of his career.

Most speedy centres would jump at the chance of playing outside of Gasnier.

Coops is still class, I wont hear a bad word of him.

f**k gaz, he was my favourite player and i still miss him, but anyone who walks out on a contract, his fans, his mates, his TEAM! I dont want any association with my team, wats not to say he wont do the same thing again

love my saints

Juniors
Coopers contract with saints finishes at the same time as j.morris' contract finishes with the dogs. Coincidence? I think not, in two years we will have the most feared backline in the nrl imo. Cant wait, go u dragons

love my saints

Juniors
f**k gaz, he was my favourite player and i still miss him, but anyone who walks out on a contract, his fans, his mates, his TEAM! I dont want any association with my team, wats not to say he wont do the same thing again

ur looking at glass half empty, gaz's third party payments werent paid to him, wat was he to do? The bloke wasnt paid so he left, with the clubs blessing i might add. U cant blame a guy who goes to get paid a million dollars a year when his current contract isnt being honoured.
I dont blame him for that, but i do blame him for us loosing j.morris. Still, id welcome him back anytime.

to an extent yeh, but tell me if you had the choice of half a mill a year and the PRIVELLAGE to captian your state and country, or a mill to play in some sh*t comp where u aren't playing to ur potential.
dont get me wrong I love gaz but anyone who walks out on his mates once will do it again

Southernsaint

Staff member
I reckon it's a contract renegotiation ploy. I don't think he has any real intentions of coming back to us...

vista

Juniors
just like a dog with his tail between his legs. at least he won't take up a third of the salary cap with saint benny here

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think he has done his dosh and will come back. He got his 2 mil and set him self up nicely for the future, something the NRL won't do to for most players thanks to the salary cap. If he does that and becomes successful, you may so see more players leave League for Union for a couple of years and return when their contracts are up in Yawnion.

He will come back and try and achieve the only thing he hasn't in his league career and that is a premiership.........

I'm hoping so anyway.

Latest posts