What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB Lions Tour 2019

Storm13

Juniors
Anyone listen to The Full Eighty podcast?

They said during a meeting in England that it was the players union's decision for Australia to not play GB. Was not a finance issue but the Australian players thought they are playing to many games already.

They said during a meeting in England that it was the players union's decision for Australia to not play GB. Was not a finance issue but the Australian players thought they are playing to many games already.
Typical

Stallion

First Grade

If thats so? It's embarassing. Pretty poor from the players. And very naive!

Springs09

Juniors

Who the hell is in this players union? I highly doubt that players who are not regulars in the Australian team think they are playing too many games for Australia.

Stallion

First Grade
Who the hell is in this players union? I highly doubt that players who are not regulars in the Australian team think they are playing too many games for Australia.

Seems to be more closer to the truth. Given that a test between the Lions and Kangaroos would be financially viable. And extremely crucial for the development and overall regard of the code . Even if the players came up with that surely the administrators would have noticed a massive mistake happening? So not just the players in this stuff up!

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

Partners in the game? Happy to take the % of revenue but not the responsibility as custodians.

roughyedspud

Coach
Today we had the first official GB press conference....

And it's been tainted by controversy cos Bennett is going to allow Australians to play for GB....

good start..

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
If we are talking Lachlan Coote here - surely GB don't need him. I guess for those of us that want to see the back of GB, this is a great way to kill it off.

adamkungl

Immortal
Today we had the first official GB press conference....

And it's been tainted by controversy cos Bennett is going to allow Australians to play for GB....

good start..

It's not entirely realistic I know, but I really would have liked to see an all-Super League GB tour.
Differentiate it from England and give a bit of an incentive for players to say no to the NRL cash.
But you couldn't leave Burgess and Bateman out.

But the heritage players is a bridge too far. They aren't even that good ffs.

roughyedspud

Coach
It's not entirely realistic I know, but I really would have liked to see an all-Super League GB tour.
Differentiate it from England and give a bit of an incentive for players to say no to the NRL cash.
But you couldn't leave Burgess and Bateman out.

But the heritage players is a bridge too far. They aren't even that good ffs.

The RFL have it well within their rights to say "only players born in the British isles are eligible for GB"

That would settle this nonsense instantly

Matua

Bench
I don't know why this is such a huge talking point. In my time on here I've noticed most British posters are quite supportive of the PIs using heritage players, why shouldn't GB/Eng follow the same policy?

These guys are more British than the Rangi Chase's and Faasavalu's of this world aren't they?

adamkungl

Immortal
I don't know why this is such a huge talking point. In my time on here I've noticed most British posters are quite supportive of the PIs using heritage players, why shouldn't GB/Eng follow the same policy?

These guys are more British than the Rangi Chase's and Faasavalu's of this world aren't they?

Countries with fully professional competitions exploiting the heritage and residential rule leaves a bad taste.
Countries that would otherwise not be able to field a team does not.

Matua

Bench
Countries with fully professional competitions exploiting the heritage and residential rule leaves a bad taste.
Countries that would otherwise not be able to field a team does not.
To me if there are eligibility rules then every team should be allowed to use them. Who are we to say that a British heritage player can't feel the same pull as a PI player?