What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB Tour on for 2019

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Still hopefull this is just rumors untill we get some official news. It makes no sense they would rather play Samoa instead of an GB team lead by the Burgess boys, Graham, Widdop and Hodgson

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Great Britain or the RL lions is a relic and should stay confined in RL history books. England on the other hand should tour Australasia and the South Pacific at least once every 4 years.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I'm struggling to get excited for the three-test series; this year Eng v NZ and next year Aus v GB/Eng. The original idea of the tri nations was that the big three would play each other each year and the idea of the four nations was to condense the comp into a four-week window and include the best of the challengers getting a crack at the big time. That is way more exciting for me than test series.

Imagine a four nations this year or next with Aus, Eng, NZ & Tonga.

roughyedspud

Coach
If it's true, then why not...

If it is true then I'd bet you anything that in the media it'll be reported that the NRL aren't interested cause of the RLPA, the clubs not wanting to release players, etc, but when you actually look into it and go down to the source of the issue it'll be cause of the money! It'll be cause of the financial risk, the potential profit margin, or cause the RFL expects the NRL to help fund/organise it when realistically they were happy for the Roos to participate but weren't really interested in it as a commercial venture.

You get more one eyed by the week pal lol

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
Thank you great dane. Thank you Australia for playing Samoa more annual games against the best gives Samoa improvement and annual fixtutes. We have supporters to match Tonga in the thousands. Again thank you Australia and the NRL.

Springs09

Juniors
I'm struggling to get excited for the three-test series; this year Eng v NZ and next year Aus v GB/Eng. The original idea of the tri nations was that the big three would play each other each year and the idea of the four nations was to condense the comp into a four-week window and include the best of the challengers getting a crack at the big time. That is way more exciting for me than test series.

Imagine a four nations this year or next with Aus, Eng, NZ & Tonga.

I'd be far more excited for a test series if the other nations did what a test series allows and organise other tournaments.

Four Nations was limiting as to what we could achieve, 3 nations plus 1 other while the rest do very little.

For example, a proper Kangaroos Tour of Europe could see:
3-Test Ashes Series
Australian tests v NZ, France, Wales, Italy
England tests v Ireland, Scotland, France
European Championship
Pacific Championship (including NZ)

Compared to Four Nations years where we had:
Four Nations
England v France
Another Australia v NZ test
European Championship (sometimes)

Tours and Test Series allow Tier 2 nations to have both a meaningful competition and test themselves against Tier 1 nations, while Four Nations years we had 1 Tier 2 nation test themselves against all 3 Tier 1 nations while the rest did nothing.

However if it continues like this year and how next year is shaping up with Australia doing shit all, NZ and England doing little but play each other and the Lions Tour being half-assed then I agree Four Nations is a better option.

Burns

First Grade
Didn’t we have an International Meeting in Singapore where everyone agreed on the schedule?

Why doooooo we keeeeeep doing this endless hypothetical exercise

roughyedspud

Coach
30th July in Singapore...so 2 months ago....

So just like how the Aussie's tried to destabilize the last approved structure,they are trying to do it again now....absolute cockwombles

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Am I the only one who thought the tri-nations/4nations was a fantastic concept held both in the U.K. and down under and that it was a crazy idea getting rid of it??

Just think how huge a 4nations tournament held down under would have been with England, NZ, Australia and Tonga in it. Games held at Eden Park, suncorp, AAMI stadium, Perth and Christchurch etc.

roughyedspud

Coach
Am I the only one who thought the tri-nations/4nations was a fantastic concept held both in the U.K. and down under and that it was a crazy idea getting rid of it??

Just think how huge a 4nations tournament held down under would have been with England, NZ, Australia and Tonga in it. Games held at Eden Park, suncorp, AAMI stadium, Perth and Christchurch etc.

The RFL,ARLC & NZRL gave up the 4nations so the RLIF could host a 2nd RLIF event...in return the RFL,ARLC & NZRL wanted to bring back tours to replace the money they made from the 4nation......and we're f**king that up too

Pommy

Coach
Didn’t we have an International Meeting in Singapore where everyone agreed on the schedule?

Why doooooo we keeeeeep doing this endless hypothetical exercise

Awaiting 10 months of Australia to play Samoa in NYC, Dubai, Beijing, Ohio, LA headlines.
Only for the game to actually be played at Campbeltown

CC_Roosters

First Grade
If it's true, then why not...

If it is true then I'd bet you anything that in the media it'll be reported that the NRL aren't interested cause of the RLPA, the clubs not wanting to release players, etc, but when you actually look into it and go down to the source of the issue it'll be cause of the money! It'll be cause of the financial risk, the potential profit margin, or cause the RFL expects the NRL to help fund/organise it when realistically they were happy for the Roos to participate but weren't really interested in it as a commercial venture.

Another marker in the death tail spin the Aussies are putting the game in

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Was this the confederation cup?

Is thr second event even going to happen anymore? Will the kangaroos play anyone except the headline pacific team of the moment? No doubt that aussie tactic in itself will last as long as the first 3 drubbings. I'll be boycotting any kangaroo game not against England from now on, no tv, no attendance, no interest.

The Great Dane

First Grade
You get more one eyed by the week pal lol

LOL, what!?

That post basically said that we should wait to see if those rumors are true and if they are true the NRL's reasons why they don't want to take part before you lot pull out the pitch forks.
I then went on to speculate that if the rumors are true that in some form money will be at the root of the cause as to why the NRL aren't interested, cause it literally always is...

I didn't even give an opinion as to whether or not the NRL or 'Australia' were in the right or wrong or whether they were being reasonable at all, mainly cause we don't know what is going on or even whether or not these rumors are true at all...

So if you think that middle of the road wait for the facts approach is "one-eyed" then you either don't know what one-eyed is or you are projecting!

The Great Dane

First Grade
Thank you great dane. Thank you Australia for playing Samoa more annual games against the best gives Samoa improvement and annual fixtutes. We have supporters to match Tonga in the thousands. Again thank you Australia and the NRL.

Ahhhh you're welcome I guess, but do you mind if I ask what you are thanking me for?

Another marker in the death tail spin the Aussies are putting the game in

If you are suggesting that the NRL's hyper focus on profit and profit margins when it comes to internationals, rep, and exhibition games is a bad thing then I agree (well obviously to a reasonable extent), but it's not clear what you are addressing or what you think is a "marker in the death tail spin the Aussies are putting the game in"...

Latest posts