What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB v Newcastle. Live 2SM.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Just listening to the call tonight, it seemed like a pretty firey game. Both sides going at each other, players gettin sin binned. It'll be interesting to see how the Poms go in the Tri Nations. They mentioned Briers and Peacock had a good game, Fielden was a bit solid. I kept hearing Peter Jensen from Newcastle getting involved, and got binned twice apparently, must be a tough player. Overall it wasnt a bad call from the boys, I wouldve like to hear a bit more keeping up with the action. One of the callers made a good point about it tonight, but if they get the rights next year, they'll probably get used to it and get better at it. Lets hope they do. I dont think Graeme Hughes has called on radio before, but it sounded like the days of the late 80s early 90s on Channel 10. Good to hear.

roopy

Referee
A few pics - unfortunately the rain got to my camera so i put it away before the main game started - so i just have a few of GB warming up - and one of Saint Helens development team against Knights development team (saints won 22 - 16)

IMG_1552_1.jpg

gbwarmup.jpg

IMG_1544_1.jpg

roopy

Referee
A few pics - unfortunately the rain got to my camera so i put it away before the main game started - so i just have a few of GB warming up - and one of Saint Helens development team against Knights development team (saints won 22 - 16)

IMG_1552_1.jpg

gbwarmup.jpg

IMG_1544_1.jpg

roopy

Referee
The Saint Helens side was much bigger and fitter than the Knights and were very well drilled too. The Knights kept in the game by having a lot more attacking flair.

Jono078

Referee
Lol those Saints players look alot bigger than the Knights!

Do you know what the Knights team was?

roopy

Referee
Jono078 said:
Lol those Saints players look alot bigger than the Knights!

Do you know what the Knights team was?
A lot of our SG Ball players, but no Miller, Dobbins, Richardson or Brown - so none of our rep guys.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Thats an embarrassing result for the winning side, never thought i would say that at 40-6. Seriously a 2nd string international side vs basically a bunch of semi-professional players. They only thing i can say is hopefully GB will just trying new things all game so didnt gel that well.

50-0 Maybe that would be respectable but seriously GB are gonna have to pull something out this serious. Lee Briers must play in the tri nations, hes the best player in england and doesnt make the side.

Sadfish

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
50-0 Maybe that would be respectable but seriously GB are gonna have to pull something out this serious. Lee Briers must play in the tri nations, hes the best player in england and doesnt make the side.

Best player in England?

Are you 'avin a laugh? Is he 'avin a laugh? :crazy:

eels_fan_01

Bench
Sadfish said:
Best player in England?

From what ive seen he is. Obviously you have seen more.

Further more Sean Long is a pathetic piece of poo who always gets picked and does absolutely nothing. Watching him in the grand final was hard to watch when the commentators were saying how good he was when he was playing crap.

bartman

Immortal
Sadfish said:
:lol: Just letting you know someone got the reference. (Don't think Extras series two has aired down under yet.)

Glad Briers had a good game though by reports. It helps to have a few playmaker options, that's where GB have been too easy to predict and shut down in teh recent past.

But it's only a warm up game. A good coach is going to use it to acclimatise touring players to the different conditions, and try a few things out. Nothing is gained by going full pelt 100% and trying to put a thorough beating on a warm up/club team. 40-6 sounds convincing enough, and some energy still in the tank for the games that count.

bartman

Immortal
Jono078 said:
Commentators saying Senior and McGuire probably been most dissapointing for GB. And also that they are looking lost without Briers (he's on the bench).
Hmmm, Yeaman (or even Pryce) could be knocking quite closely for a centre spot during this series then. And I'd say Maguire hasn't earnt certainty in the number 6 jersey either...

bartman

Immortal
Although report on BBC website has Maguire slicing through for two tries? Implying the tries were largely his own work. I could be doing him a disservice.

8-10,000 is a decent crowd on a poor night, well done Newie fans.

nadera78

Juniors
Sounded good on the internet, bit of a punch up is always welcome. And the GB team didn't include any of the grand final players plus Morley and Newton. 5 or 6 guys who are in the stand by squad were included to make up the numbers and basicaly give a game to guys who haven't played for a month or so.

Agree Briers should be in the squad, althoiugh maybe Australians should realise there is a big difference between England and Great Britain.

Lowey3

Juniors
roopy said:
A lot of our SG Ball players, but no Miller, Dobbins, Richardson or Brown - so none of our rep guys.

All the Saints team where 16.

Only 6 of them played in our Under 18's grand final victory over Wigan (batterd them).

The rest are lads who have only just turned 16... if we sent our other lads over who are 17 - 18 (Tyrer, Banni, etc...) then we would of put 50 on Newcastle.

JasonE

Bench
Lowey3 said:
All the Saints team where 16.

That is true and they lost there way when playmaker Gary Wheeler went off at half time, Gareth Frodsham was very impressive. Good win after stepping off a plane and onto the paddock.

ucantseeme

Juniors
i would expect any team of full time professionals to crush a team made up of part time amateurs, 40-6 is okay but if the Roos or Kiwis played against the same Newcastle division team you know it would be a massacre

Latest posts