What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GC v CC

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well unfortunately for the Dogs, the CC lot have only bothered putting promotion and advertising etc into the Sharks/Newie trial. The Dogs Raiderstrial received a small write-up in Thu and Fri's CCEA and that was about it. Central Coast Leagues Club barely got off it's ass to recognise the game.

Iafeta

Referee
PARRA_FAN said:
Yes, if you count the 4,000 people that turned up the Parramatta/Warriors game 5 years ago. :lol: If any Parra supporter doesnt remember that game it was when Dave Penna kicked the winning field goal.

There'd be 20 other games in similar circumstances where there'd be at least 9,000 people rock up.

The point is, this wasn't our chance to prove ourselves to the league executives that we deserve to be in the competition. Every little moment counts for Central Coast, Gold Coast and Wellington or any other prospective bid.

Iafeta

Referee
dodge said:
Well unfortunately for the Dogs, the CC lot have only bothered putting promotion and advertising etc into the Sharks/Newie trial. The Dogs Raiderstrial received a small write-up in Thu and Fri's CCEA and that was about it. Central Coast Leagues Club barely got off it's ass to recognise the game.

Which is a shame. Because in my mind there's no doubt that in the medium term future all 3 bids are worthy or inclusion into the NRL.

When is the Sharks/Newcastle trial? Hopefully there is more advertising and the Central Coast gets the crowd it deserves.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
You wouldnt know if the trial game was on it you werent the teams supporter. Is the Newcastle/Sharks game on next weekend?

eagle_eye

Juniors
dodge said:
Gee I wonder why you believe that eagle eye?

Maybe because you're a MANLY SUPPORTER.

Hope the bandwagon breaks down :roll:

No I'm just stating the facts, its gonna be alot harder for league now that soccer has a team up there, I would have loved to see a team in the central coast but now it looks more likely gold coast would get one especially with singo pulling out.

Timmah

Staff member
Yet again you aren't looking at very many facts.

If the NRL opens up the 16team issue again Singo is there ready to back them again. GC doesn't deserve to get in front of CC - they died in the arse after having 10 years in the comp with zero success, at least give the CC it's first go at it's very own team before gambling on something that's already let the League down.

Jimbo

Immortal
dimitri said:
the CC always has an excuse

but the thing with excuses is that when you use them too often nobody believes them

You mean like St George Illawarra and injuries?

Timmah

Staff member
They managed to keep their funds and at least made a few finals series and even a couple of GFs. Gold Coast made 1 final series and they only had to make 7 out of 12 in a half comp.

Razor

Coach
Had it been very stormy and raining on the GC the crowd wouldn't have topped 6 or 7k.

You obviously don't have a good memory.

Last year the trial on the Coast between Dogs-Eels. Torrential rain, and gale-force winds. Still get 13,000.

Gosford is at least a good modern stadium with good covering in sections.

Also last night, the Charity Sheild got 24,000 to a match in horrid conditions

Obviously it's only Central Coast people who will only go to watch when everything has to be perfect

Razor

Coach
GC doesn't deserve to get in front of CC - they died in the arse after having 10 years in the comp with zero success, at least give the CC it's first go at it's very own team before gambling on something that's already let the League down.

What are you smoking?

Gold Coast only had a team for 3 years.

Prior to 1996 they were based at Tweed Heads - not part of the Gold Coast; in fact it's in NSW.

They made the finals in 1997, and they did not die.

They were killed.

They had more money than most sides, with solid sponsorship and gate receipts. And that by playing in a fifth-rate stadium

But News Ltd wanted them out.

Central Coast had their chance, and were getting around 4,000 to a match in a world class stadium.

Central Coast people have shown they don't want a team.

Look at the trial crowds the past few years. Gold Coast has got over 13,000 to every match, despite every match involving NSW teams, and one match played in absolutly attrocious conditions.

Timmah

Staff member
Just like a lot of Manly fans, you're one of the claustrophobic Knights people. Central Coast got forced fed a half-bake Manly side.

Charity Shield crowd was 20000 - however that was a heavily publicised game that was played at an already official NRL venue and a trial also shown on TV.

My question now is what you're smoking - I'm a Central Coast person, and I want a team here. How have I shown I don't want a team?

BTW while they may have been based at TH - they were still the GC-TH Giants and then the GC Seagulls, based at Seagulls Stadium. They were part of the Gold Coast area, you can't dissociate them from the area for 7 of the 10 years just to improve your argument, that's ludicrous.

Don't even get me started on the Chargers "making the finals" :lol:

mightybears

Bench
razor said:

Central Coast had their chance, and were getting around 4,000 to a match in a world class stadium.
Central Coast people have shown they don't want a team.
-------------------------------------------------------------

the manly [and controlling] part of the so called jv had no interest in the cc, and the people of the cc who had been primed for a central coast bears-with all home matches, got shafted by a mob who 'jv-ed' for the money to keep them afloat

the cc people showed they wanted the full time team as promised
not a mob interested only long enough to get back on their feet financially and go back fulltime to brookie

dimitri

First Grade
i guess what this thread says

is that if cc were in the comp

there fans MIGHT turn up

but only when the weather is fine

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DIEHARD

----
Don't you just love going over old ground over and over.

I think the majority of people see the light, that the Gold Coast is certainly the best option. Even the ARL agree. The Gold Coast have gotten fantastic crowds to all their trials and all that Central Coast gives is excuses.

Central Coast v Gold Coast? You are kidding me. NSW does not need 11 teams. Queenslands needs 3. We are talking about making sure State of Origin remains competitive. We are talking about making sure AFL does not get a foothold into Queensland. We are talking about putting a team in one of Australia's biggest cities, our tourism capital and the fastest growing area in Australia.

You clowns want to hand Queensland and the Gold Coast to the AFL on a silver platter. All you care about is NSW, wanting to turn everything back into the damned NSWRL. There are a lot of AFL teams in Melbourne on death's door and the AFL has the foresight to relocate them. There are a lot of Victorians on the Gold Coast.

The possibility of losing the Gold Coast if we don't act is a serious one.

About time you all stopped being selfish and agred to do what is best for the game of rugby league.

GOLD COAST DOLPHINS FOR THE NRL.

dimitri

First Grade
DIEHARD said:

I think the majority of people see the light, that the Gold Coast is certainly the best option. Even the ARL agree. The Gold Coast have gotten fantastic crowds to all their trials and all that Central Coast gives is excuses.

Central Coast v Gold Coast? You are kidding me. NSW does not need 11 teams. Queenslands needs 3. We are talking about making sure State of Origin remains competitive. We are talking about making sure AFL does not get a foothold into Queensland. We are talking about putting a team in one of Australia's biggest cities, our tourism capital and the fastest growing area in Australia.

You clowns want to hand Queensland and the Gold Coast to the AFL on a silver platter. All you care about is NSW, wanting to turn everything back into the damned NSWRL. There are a lot of AFL teams in Melbourne on death's door and the AFL has the foresight to relocate them. There are a lot of Victorians on the Gold Coast.

About time you all stopped being selfish and agred to do what is best for the game of rugby league.

AGREE 100%

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Iafeta

Referee
DIEHARD said:

:clap:

2006 Gold Coast
2008 Southern Orcas
2010 Central Coast

In order of deservedness.