What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GC v CC

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If we're going on multiplicity of teams in states - Why then should Qld with 2 teams get in ahead of NZ with one, or SA/NT/Tas/WA with zero?

:lol:

DIEHARD

----
dodge said:
If we're going on multiplicity of teams in states - Why then should Qld with 2 teams get in ahead of NZ with one, or SA/NT/Tas/WA with zero?

:lol:

You know as well as everyone else that that is flawed logic.

Queensland is heartland and it is under invasion. So it deserves extra resources and attention.

Bomber

Bench
I believe that all three teams need to be admitted. Stagger it out over two years, sure, but they all need to be there.

The Gold Coast has the resources to support a full-time successful NRL team. Forget about the Chargers/Seagulls/Giants - they were a victim of circumstance.

Wellington should be in the competition because it would be too easy not to put them in. An instant rival to the Warriors, a second base in New Zealand for league, another team for young kiwis to aspire to play for. With the amount of talent currently running around, there is no reason not to place the Orcas in.

I'm less enthusiastic about the Central Coast but having another team in a growing population area can only be a good thing for league.

I only wish that the NRL had the balls and the foresight to make the call and admit at least one if not all of these teams.

nqboy

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
I pretty much agree with everything you just said blender, great post. :)
Huh????????? He just argued against everything you've been insisting in this thread

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Your point is??? :?

He was actually trying to settle the argument he made a valid point, ok there were some bits in there that I didnt agree on, but I'd say most of what he stated was pretty much true.

I agree, Central Coast junior sides would be a lot stronger if their RIP team and North Sydney merged, shouldve happened a few years ago, never the less could happen in the future.

nqboy

First Grade
So now you've swung around on this point and abandoned your support for the CC as the next team to be admitted?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Clearly, you didnt read my other posts. :roll:

I agree'd to what he said but I didnt agree to some of his other points, that being about the Central Coast. Although he was right about the Central Coast and North Sydney rep side merging.

Ive never stated anything about abandoning my support about the Central Coast, and my other post stated:

"Lets put the Gold Coast in first and then go Australia wide. Hell you cant ignore Western Australia, its the 3rd biggest Rugby League state in Oz and I've got the fear of losing it Rugby Union is something is not done about it."

I never said anything about them being the next team admitted, yet i still have their support for being in the NRL.

I would like to see the Central Coast as the 16th team, as well as Gold Coast so really I dont care if its one or the other. I just had my doubts about another NZL team being included.

nqboy

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
I would like to see the Central Coast as the 16th team, as well as Gold Coast so really I dont care if its one or the other. I just had my doubts about another NZL team being included.
And do you still have those doubts now that it's all been explained to you so thoroughly by Bender?

DIEHARD

----
I think the international game is vital to rugby league. International games transcend both club and interstate football in appeal. Only international matches have the power to capture the hearts of regular sports fans. Look at what the Wallabies have done.

So I would really like to see a 2nd NZ team really soon. A strong New Zealand insures quality international matches, at least Trans Tasman. Especially with our local Kiwi population in Australia and history of rivalry.

Internationals should and will be the next step up from Origin.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Thats why we should have more internationals down under and in NZL.

I want to see a Aus/NZL 3 test series brought back.

The more internationals, the better.

nqboy

First Grade
PF, Diehard's point is that by including Wellington, more opportunities will be provided for Kiwi youth, evening up the contests that you crave down under.

dimitri

First Grade
nqboy said:
PF, Diehard's point is that by including Wellington, more opportunities will be provided for Kiwi youth, evening up the contests that you crave down under.

i agree

DIEHARD

----
nqboy said:

:thumnn

Also New Zealand tend to get screwed over by not having British based players availible for early tests in the Tri Nations. (Matches against Australia no less) Having more New Zealand based players will help the cause.

And as previously stated many Australian and state based rep teams comprise a good few Kiwis. Them coming to Australia and playing makes them all the more likely to represent NSW or QLD or Australia and not their home land.

Also one of the best promotional tools in sport is rivalry. The Orcas will bring a derby to NZ. North v South.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Diehard, Ive got a question for ya, did you used to be Gold Coast's No 1 supporter when they were in the comp, and also who do you support now?

And when they come back in the comp, you'll obviously be a season ticket holder right?

DIEHARD

----
PARRA_FAN said:
Diehard, Ive got a question for ya, did you used to be Gold Coast's No 1 supporter when they were in the comp, and also who do you support now?

Nope I was a Broncos fanatic until 1999. Super League made me broaden my support to the game in general. If the Crushers continued I would have fully went to them.

But I'm left without a team I can set my heart on.

So when the Dolphins come in I will support them passionately.

I still have a lot of love for the Broncos. (I still attend every Broncos game and follow them keenly.) But I focus on Bennett and the players not the administration.

I also go for Souths and Melbourne.

Not much choice in Queensland for a traditionally minded fan.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I knew you were a passionate Queensland supporter.

Surprised you dont support the Cowboys as much, thats everyones second favourite team. :D

DIEHARD

----
PARRA_FAN said:
Surprised you dont support the Cowboys as much, thats everyones second favourite team. :D

True.

But they are owned by News Ltd. And I know that a new team in SEQLD is going to happen one day.

So I'm waiting for that.

I am very happy for the Cowboys though. They are doing wonders for the game up here.

I just can't be following half the competition can I? :lol: