What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

franklin2323

Immortal
The club is probably putting it out there so us / fans aren't so disappointed when we offload him.

There has to be some collateral with all the re-signings.

That is also true. The way I see it our top 17 now is pretty much set. Re-sign those guys and if we lose the rest so be it

MugaB

Coach
Jack Hetherington just got binned for a high shot.
gus gould was right, just five inches too high!!

Screenshot_20200807-230014_Fox League.jpg

For those panther fans who love this guy, (i am one too) this will cost us in a finals match! I hope NZ wins more games coz he will be an elite front rower, but these poor decisions cost 10mins every time, but boy i know if todd payten goes to the cowboys, he will be poaching this kid from us

Panther Pete

Juniors

View attachment 40626

For those panther fans who love this guy, (i am one too) this will cost us in a finals match! I hope NZ wins more games coz he will be an elite front rower, but these poor decisions cost 10mins every time, but boy i know if todd payten goes to the cowboys, he will be poaching this kid from us
The commentators said at the time they thought it was a send off offence. Although I should add the entire call from Blocker Roach was extremely biased towards Manly, I suspect he has some dealings with that club the way he was cheering for them.

John Hamblin

Juniors

View attachment 40626

I think that he was fatigued at the time. He has been playing big minutes.

chrisD

Coach
I’m not sure if this is the best Penrith team I’ve seen or if their competition is weak. But I do think man for man this roster has far less talent than the premiership teams, but is playing at a similarly elite level.

Panther Pete

Juniors
According to the Sunday Footy Show we will get Hetherington back now as he is looking at 4 - 5 weeks for the high shot the other night.

WestyLife

First Grade
Geez V'Landys isn't happy with Ivan's presser comments. Doesn't seem worse to what any other coach has said before yet he's really worked up this time.

Ivan is right though. There's been countless games where the team with momentum gets calls against them in the second half to bring the score closer. It may not be deliberate but something is causing it.

kinghippo

Juniors
Geez V'Landys isn't happy with Ivan's presser comments. Doesn't seem worse to what any other coach has said before yet he's really worked up this time.
The way it came out it almost sounded like Ivan was accusing the refs and NRL of deliberately helping the Raiders.
Personally I think he meant to say managed to get back in the game after a few strange calls but checked himself and mangled the sentence.

Munted

Bench
The way it came out it almost sounded like Ivan was accusing the refs and NRL of deliberately helping the Raiders.
Personally I think he meant to say managed to get back in the game after a few strange calls but checked himself and mangled the sentence.
I agree, the words are no worse than something other coaches have said before. I missed the presser so I don't know how it sounded in real life.
It's no secret that alot of games have bizarre momentum swings where teams get a run of calls coupled with strange decisions that leave you scratching your head.
Are we questioning the integrity of the refs? Not really, questioning the decisions made when it appears inconsistent with the rest of the season.

The_Frog

First Grade
Ivan is right though. There's been countless games where the team with momentum gets calls against them in the second half to bring the score closer. It may not be deliberate but something is causing it.
They are trying to engineer a better product. That means closer games, not blowouts, especially in games between sides high on the ladder. There are a dozen or more examples of it this year.

Fangs

Coach
Ivan really got torn a new one by PVL.

Its just entertainment for me really. I miss Des Hasler in blow up mode.

Latest posts