What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Port Panther

Juniors
I have one memory from long of Bob Fulton on 2GB Continuous Call Team. He was complaining about the pain in his knees. An elderly lady who was a regular caller (cannot remember name) suggested that if
he put his urine on the knee it would help. Now whether it did or not I have no idea. I have not tried it myself with my bad knee.
ahahaha i rememer that and her name was Elsie . The team were pissing themselves lol .

snickers007

Juniors
I have always found the membership team to be very accommodating even in difficult circumstances.

Truth be told this is the first time I've ever found them unhelpful. But my biggest pet peeve is that the Membership option on the Panthers phone line always goes to voicemail, and they never return calls. I've only ever been able to speak to someone by going to a different option and requesting a transfer.

I don't even know why they have the option if they don't man it.

Kilkenny

Coach
Truth be told this is the first time I've ever found them unhelpful. But my biggest pet peeve is that the Membership option on the Panthers phone line always goes to voicemail, and they never return calls. I've only ever been able to speak to someone by going to a different option and requesting a transfer.

I don't even know why they have the option if they don't man it.

Ive only had positive experiences with the membership team and again I suspect they are under the pump given we have 17000 members overall and only so m@ny tickets to go around when demand is high.

Kilkenny

Coach
Just watched the Justis Huni fight on Fox, Gallens next opponent on 16th June.

All I can say is that is one hour in my life I will not get back.

Huni has more chance of getting coronavirus in Tokyo at the Olympics than getting thru his first round bout.

betcats

Referee

Huni has more chance of getting coronavirus in Tokyo at the Olympics than getting thru his first round bout.

Huni is the heavy favourite and rightly so, he is a very talented young boxer. Still hasnt quite got the knockout power he needs but he can develop that, he has pretty much everything else.

Smug Panther

First Grade

He was getting rounds in

Panther Pete

Juniors
Huni is the heavy favourite and rightly so, he is a very talented young boxer. Still hasnt quite got the knockout power he needs but he can develop that, he has pretty much everything else.
I just watched a replay of the fight and you are right that as a heavy weight he doesn’t appear to be a super hard puncher. What he does have though is enormous boxing skills which is bad news for Gal as I believe Justis will give him a boxing lesson and just pick him off all night.

MugaB

Coach
I just watched a replay of the fight and you are right that as a heavy weight he doesn’t appear to be a super hard puncher. What he does have though is enormous boxing skills which is bad news for Gal as I believe Justis will give him a boxing lesson and just pick him off all night.
Yeah..... i don't think that skill is gonna matter with Gal, he is more a street fighter, i don't see Huni making it past round 3... im not favoring Gallen just coz he is a retired RL player, its more to do with the power punches he throws, skills are great if you have the time, gallen just gets in nice and close, huni won't have the time he is used to

chrisD

Coach
It's an exercise in taking the Gallen rugby league fanbase and handing it on to Huni. And Gallen will have been paid accordingly.

betcats

Referee

Yeah he has very good skills and he just sticks to his plan and keeps coming, always punching in combo's. The fights Ive seen are much like last night, he is clearly the better fighter and dominating the fight but he just cant find that knockout blow.

betcats

Referee
Yeah..... i don't think that skill is gonna matter with Gal, he is more a street fighter, i don't see Huni making it past round 3... im not favoring Gallen just coz he is a retired RL player, its more to do with the power punches he throws, skills are great if you have the time, gallen just gets in nice and close, huni won't have the time he is used to

Gallen is going to have serious problems closing with Huni, that is a huge part of Justis' skill, keeping guys where he wants them. Skilled boxers win far more than street fighters in a boxing ring. Gallen has never fought anyone who comes close close to Huni's skill and speed and stamina, Huni is very likely going to pick him a part very comfortably.

Barry Hall beat Gallen, Huni is a similar size to hall and a much better boxer, he will be fit and ready to go the distance he isnt going to tire. Gallen will be getting caught with Combos all night trying to get inside on Huni.

MugaB

Coach
Gallen is going to have serious problems closing with Huni, that is a huge part of Justis' skill, keeping guys where he wants them. Skilled boxers win far more than street fighters in a boxing ring. Gallen has never fought anyone who comes close close to Huni's skill and speed and stamina, Huni is very likely going to pick him a part very comfortably.

Barry Hall beat Gallen, Huni is a similar size to hall and a much better boxer, he will be fit and ready to go the distance he isnt going to tire. Gallen will be getting caught with Combos all night trying to get inside on Huni.
Yeah i don't see it, its like saying souths was going to give penrith trouble last week, but we all knew they can't defend,
I feel Gallen has that knock out punch, skills aren't everything, enduring punishment is a far better attribute, i don't think Huni will be able to last longer than Gallen

betcats

Referee
Yeah i don't see it, its like saying souths was going to give penrith trouble last week, but we all knew they can't defend,
I feel Gallen has that knock out punch, skills aren't everything, enduring punishment is a far better attribute, i don't think Huni will be able to last longer than Gallen

Skills aren't everything lol wtf sorry but that is stupid. Being hard to hit(skill) is a far better attribute than being able to take punishment, the goal of boxing is to hit and not get hit. You will see it when they fight believe me. Speed and skill and footwork are by far the most import things in boxing.

MugaB

Coach
Skills aren't everything lol wtf sorry but that is stupid. Being hard to hit(skill) is a far better attribute than being able to take punishment, the goal of boxing is to hit and not get hit. You will see it when they fight believe me. Speed and skill and footwork are by far the most import things in boxing.
Yeah ok,... im not saying Huni isn't skillful, i just don't see him evading Gallen for more than 3 rounds let alone 10 rounds... get my point

Either way, the fight in 3 weeks won't be the boring match we saw yesterday.. at least they'll call the champ out first before handing out the medal this time, fkme

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Yeah ok,... im not saying Huni isn't skillful, i just don't see him evading Gallen for more than 3 rounds let alone 10 rounds... get my point

Why not? He is younger, faster, longer(much longer) and more skilled, on paper he should be able to dominate the fight comfortably. There is a reason Huni is paying 1.17.

MugaB

Coach
Why not? He is younger, faster, longer(much longer) and more skilled, on paper he should be able to dominate the fight comfortably. There is a reason Huni is paying 1.17.
Yeah, still think Huni will get flustered, like i said Gallen will get in nice and close, Huni will have to dance around for 10 rounds.

betcats

Referee
Yeah, still think Huni will get flustered, like i said Gallen will get in nice and close, Huni will have to dance around for 10 rounds.

Anything is possible of course I just dont see how anyone could be so confident in a Gal victory. Of course it could happen but on paper it looks unlikely.

That Huni fight on wednesday he was going at maybe 75 percent, it was like sparring for him he definitely wasnt going close to his hardest.

His trainer literally told him before the 8th to keep the fight going so he could get the rounds in:

“You’re looking good, you’re looking unbelievable. Get the rounds in, that’s what we need. No better way. Whenever you want to cut loose, up to you, if you feel like you need more rounds, mate … I don’t give a s***.”

He also had to avoid getting cut which would make the Gal fight unlikely as it is in 3 weeks and that will no doubt be his biggest pay day yet. He was absolutely cruising through that fight basically.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m sure Huni will dispose of Gallen easily, I just wonder how he is going to go about it. Is he going to be fair dunkum or is he going to use the bout as another sparring session. I won’t be spending the money to get it on PPV.

Smug Panther

First Grade

Hall didn't beat him. The ref didn't allow the fight to even get going, it was very disappointing