What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

snickers007

Juniors
I think this is a real opportunity for Hook and the Dragons to show what kind of culture they want to build. They currently sit in 7th - but have a tough month ahead, even more so with these suspensions etc. I don't think they make the 8 this year even with their best 17 on the park.

If I'm the Dragons, I'd be conceding the 2021 season, and the 5 players off contract at the end of 2021 don't play NRL again this season (Norman, Dufty, Ellis, Fuimaono and Beale). Vaughan has a Player Option for 2022, but I reckon he's gone regardless.

Lomax (2025 + PO), De Belin (2024) and Kerr (2023) you're probably stuck with, unless JDB has some kind of behaviour clause in his contract.

The other 4 should be forced to play NSW Cup for a couple of weeks. And if they kick stones, shop them around too.
And the NRL should back the Dragons here, and approve exemptions for them to promote non Top 30 players.

Hook has form here. He dropped Moylan for the remainder of the season, and we were balls deep in the Top 4.

The more likely response, is that all players will face the minimum suspension and will be straight back into the NRL squad, and those that do leave will go to better teams, on more money, and learn nothing from the experience. And Hook will be left with the scraps, and be sacked by this time next year.

DinkyDi

Juniors
I think this is a real opportunity for Hook and the Dragons to show what kind of culture they want to build. They currently sit in 7th - but have a tough month ahead, even more so with these suspensions etc. I don't think they make the 8 this year even with their best 17 on the park.

If I'm the Dragons, I'd be conceding the 2021 season, and the 5 players off contract at the end of 2021 don't play NRL again this season (Norman, Dufty, Ellis, Fuimaono and Beale). Vaughan has a Player Option for 2022, but I reckon he's gone regardless.

Lomax (2025 + PO), De Belin (2024) and Kerr (2023) you're probably stuck with, unless JDB has some kind of behaviour clause in his contract.

The other 4 should be forced to play NSW Cup for a couple of weeks. And if they kick stones, shop them around too.
And the NRL should back the Dragons here, and approve exemptions for them to promote non Top 30 players.

Hook has form here. He dropped Moylan for the remainder of the season, and we were balls deep in the Top 4.

The more likely response, is that all players will face the minimum suspension and will be straight back into the NRL squad, and those that do leave will go to better teams, on more money, and learn nothing from the experience. And Hook will be left with the scraps, and be sacked by this time next year.
Vaughan has had his contract terminated. I am unsure if he will receive a payout?

franklin2323

Immortal

The issue is the bubble. No one knows how long it will go for if it is for the rest of the season that is fine but you need to wait 14 days to add anyone new to the bubble

Kilkenny

Coach
Still can’t believe the Dragons BBQ and piss up. How could 13 players be so dumb, it is beyond belief. It’s hard to feel any sympathy for any of them and I think some has got of lightly, including De Bellin, four games back from his lengthy spell out of the game. Feel sorry for there fans, coaching staff, sponsors etc they deserve better.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Still can’t believe the Dragons BBQ and piss up. How could 13 players be so dumb, it is beyond belief. It’s hard to feel any sympathy for any of them and I think some has got of lightly, including De Bellin, four games back from his lengthy spell out of the game. Feel sorry for there fans, coaching staff, sponsors etc they deserve better.
Not just dumb enough to have a bbq and get on the piss but also then stupid enough to have music blaring to attract even more attention to the fact they were in party mode.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
But they agreed to sign a stat dec.....

That means they're telling the TRUTHHHHHHH

This is for the club's benefit. It means if they lied on the stat dec, and it's proven their contract can be shredded.

I don't think management at the dragons are beliving what the players are saying. This is their insurance.

murraymob

First Grade
Those that watch NRL360 would be aware of the tirade James hooper directed at our club calling the boys arrogant.It appears he has been caught drink driving .So drunk he passed out on his bonnet.now what is worse young kids who are arrogant or a bald middle age man that drunk he passes out on his bonnet
Story in Sydney morning herald don’t know how to link it

WestyLife

First Grade
Those that watch NRL360 would be aware of the tirade James hooper directed at our club calling the boys arrogant.It appears he has been caught drink driving .So drunk he passed out on his bonnet.now what is worse young kids who are arrogant or a bald middle age man that drunk he passes out on his bonnet

BxTom

Bench
You leave us bald middle aged men alone! ;)

WestyLife

First Grade
It'd be great to watch the 2003 and 2004 seasons again. Shame they aren't readily available. Getting nostalgic after watching the 03 GF.

Latest posts