What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

The_Frog

First Grade

Something tacky about this. He probably deserved to be fined $50k anyway, and if they suspended him from Origin that would be fair enough too, as it was a serious breach. But a touch of double jeopardy about fining a bloke twice for the same thing.

BxTom

Bench

Something tacky about this. He probably deserved to be fined $50k anyway, and if they suspended him from Origin that would be fair enough too, as it was a serious breach. But a touch of double jeopardy about fining a bloke twice for the same thing.
They probably did that so that he can be seen to have been punished - with a view to selecting him at a later stage.

murraymob

Coach

It’s safe to say while not official he will not be getting selected again

Crashtest

Juniors
According to Foxsports, Crichton and Staines are equal 5th in the NRL for best assist/try combinations. Even more impressive when you consider Crichton has also spent time at fullback and left centre this season.

Not bad for two players that aren't rated very highly by some of their own Panther fans.

Wind Beneath my Wings (Best Assist/Try Combinations)

Try Assist Try Scorer Total

Tom Trbojevic Reuben Garrick 9

Cody Walker Alex Johnston 9

Daly Cherry-Evans Jason Saab 7

Clinton Gutherson Maika Sivo 7

Tom Trbojevic Jason Saab 6

Stephen Crichton Charlie Staines 6

Matthew Dufty Mikaele Ravalawa 6

Nicholas Hynes Josh Addo-Carr 6

Cody Walker Dane Gagai 6

mxlegend99

Referee
According to Foxsports, Crichton and Staines are equal 5th in the NRL for best assist/try combinations. Even more impressive when you consider Crichton has also spent time at fullback and left centre this season.

Not bad for two players that aren't rated very highly by some of their own Panther fans.

Cody Walker Dane Gagai 6
Yet @chrisD thinks Momirovski is a better centre than Crichton and that its Critter that bombs all the tries.

He has bombed a few. Every player in the competition has. Momirovski however bombs them 90% of the time and refuses to acknowledge he even has a winger.

WestyLife

First Grade

Cody Walker Dane Gagai 6

I maintain my stance Crichton is best at right centre and his form improved there.

Girds89

Bench
I think hes been brilliant on the right in defense. He really has perfected his tackling technique and he reads the game so well for a 20yo.

I think he still needs to go looking for the ball more in attack. He really can drift in and out of games a bit.. every now and than he will do something brilliant but than drifts out again.

The right seems to suit him more than the left. But good thing about critta is he looks very adaptable. Has been good on the left and right and has had a few good games at fb. Only a good thing for us that he can play both sides and at the back.

soc123_au

Staff member
Exactly. Just seems to be an idea floating around that people shit on selected players for no reason.
He only gets shit on because of how the contract negotiations played out. His performances have been fine for the most part. He still has plenty to work on, but the ceiling for him is very high. He is already one of the best centres in the game.

WestyLife

First Grade
He only gets shit on because of how the contract negotiations played out. His performances have been fine for the most part. He still has plenty to work on, but the ceiling for him is very high. He is already one of the best centres in the game.

I'm happy we've got him but he often looks to be running at the defence at 50% waiting for the hit or something.

John Hamblin

Juniors
With Tom Turbo injured it MAY give Nathan a chance to win the Dally M. After 12 rounds Nathan 21 Turbo 15. Turbo has played 13 games and neither Nathan or Turbo scored any points in round 12. Turbo maximum points 36 but other players could have been taking points off him and I don't think he got maximum points
when Manly played Storm. Nathan had a great game against Roosters in round 15 and also played well this week. So its still there to be won. Cody Walker only had 8 points after round 8. Interesting!!