What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

soc123_au

Staff member
Ivan on the weekend

'Nathan is going pretty well. He is not back at full contact yet'

Anyone not a full contact in Feb isn't going to make round 1
I missed that one. A few weeks at the start of the season shouldn't hurt too much.

Iamback

Coach
It makes no sense to rush anyone. We keep our top 17 on the field come finals time, We win the comp
Especially as being in NSW Api can play

Kilkenny

Coach
It makes no sense to rush anyone. We keep our top 17 on the field come finals time, We win the comp
Especially as being in NSW Api can play
We used 29 players in total during 2021 which was the 2nd lowest in the competition surprisingly.

Its always impossible to know at the beginning of a new season, how you are going to be shaping up come finals time.

I guess we were very fortunate our medical team was able to manage players during our run in, when in other circumstances they may have been ruled out for the season.

Injuries, particularly season ending ones are such a massive factor, let’s have we don’t have many, if any at all although that may be asking a little too much.

Brian To’o topped the running metres gained in the NRL during 2021 despite missing half a dozen games while injured. we need him fit and healthy and our back three generally who topped the NRL stats for metres gained.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
We used 29 players in total during 2021 which was the 2nd lowest in the competition surprisingly.

Its always impossible to know at the beginning of a new season, how you are going to be shaping up come finals time.

I guess we were very fortunate our medical team was able to manage players during our run in, when in other circumstances they may have been ruled out for the season.

Injuries, particularly season ending ones are such a massive factor, let’s have we don’t have many, if any at all although that may be asking a little too much.

Brian To’o topped the running metres gained in the NRL during 2021 despite missing half a dozen games while injured. we need him fit and healthy and our back three generally who topped the NRL stats for metres gained.

Numbers used isn't so much the issue. It is games missed by top guys

We used 20 players in the finals series

of those 20

Burton
Momo
Capewell
Naden
TPJ
May

have left the club. Of those we brought in

O'Sullivan is only a half - so doesn't help full strength side

The other 2 for various reasons couldn't make an ordinary dogs side

All 3 will do a solid enough job in the regular season not sure in finals

Leaves you with rookies. So need close to the top 17 come finals time. If that means senior guys miss a couple of extra comp games then I am all for that

Smug Panther

First Grade
Anyone know if Ivan and a few of the key boys have done that show on fox where they sit down and watch the GF and talk about it?

Munky

Coach
Anyone know if Ivan and a few of the key boys have done that show on fox where they sit down and watch the GF and talk about it?

'Tyrone really changed the game when he came on. Such a top bloke to have around the club, so good you'd want him to date your daughter. Without his minutes we lose the match by twenty.'

Alintheeast

Juniors
I wouldn't go on there if I were him.
It’s not like Fox are amateurs in the bait and switch. The …….. and the …… will probably do 10 minutes on match(low scoring affair not a lot to see yadda, yadda, F-N yadda) and then get into post match ancient history.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I for one will put my hand up saying the NRL changes too many rules every year. However what does everyone think of this?

If a club ops to take the 2 for a penalty and is successful, the the club penalised must drop kick the ball from the 20m line (like they do if penalty has been missed). This should stop some crap that goes on down there defending their line.

Iamback

Coach
I for one will put my hand up saying the NRL changes too many rules every year. However what does everyone think of this?

If a club ops to take the 2 for a penalty and is successful, the the club penalised must drop kick the ball from the 20m line (like they do if penalty has been missed). This should stop some crap that goes on down there defending their line.

Would run up some big scores

The whingers would start again and the rule would go