What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

This Friday apparently. There was an add for it in the lead up to the All Stars last night. Not sure what time though.
I just went through Fox League’s programming and I couldn’t find anything for this Friday, apart from the pre-season trials.

However, when looking at Saturday’s programming (Feb 19), I noticed that there was a segment titled ‘Fox Theatre 2021 Grand Final Penrith vs Souths’, which will screen at 10:20pm - 11:20pm. Maybe this is it?

soc123_au

Staff member
I just went through Fox League’s programming and I couldn’t find anything for this Friday, apart from the pre-season trials.

However, when looking at Saturday’s programming (Feb 19), I noticed that there was a segment titled ‘Fox Theatre 2021 Grand Final Penrith vs Souths’, which will screen at 10:20pm - 11:20pm. Maybe this is it?
Probably, they did say Friday the other night, but that would be it.

The_Frog

First Grade
Still good side
They need a 14 who can cover the backs if need be, or make big tackles off the bench otherwise. I don't think we have such an animal, unless Tago could do it, which is why the premiership winning coach stuck by TMay. If Kenny is the 14 an injury or HIA in the backs is going to mean a big reshuffle and disruption to defensive structures.

Iamback

Coach
They need a 14 who can cover the backs if need be, or make big tackles off the bench otherwise. I don't think we have such an animal, unless Tago could do it, which is why the premiership winning coach stuck by TMay. If Kenny is the 14 an injury or HIA in the backs is going to mean a big reshuffle and disruption to defensive structures.

That is it.
May wasn't in the best 17 as far as talent but covering multiple positions was valuable.

Who Ivan gets to cover will be key moving forward

Smug Panther

First Grade
Having someone on the bench who contributes 0 unless an injury occurs is flawed and outdated thinking. Maybe actually contributed less than 0, he was a liability when he came on at lock

Iamback

Coach
Having someone on the bench who contributes 0 unless an injury occurs is flawed and outdated thinking. Maybe actually contributed less than 0, he was a liability when he came on at lock

The game is soft. Someone gets farted on and they are off for a HIA. You need the cover for such times.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
neeThe game is soft. Someone gets farted on and they are off for a HIA. You need the cover for such times.

Said from a lazy boy recliner. 😂

The game is very different to the one I grew up with. Where players didn't get interchanged unless they were badly injured.

In some ways I'd like to see the game go back to this. Fatigue needs to have it's place in the game. This encourages the smaller preston campbell type of players, and discourages the player getting bigger and bigger in the gym.

That's just my 2 cents worth.

Iamback

Coach
Said from a lazy boy recliner. 😂

The game is very different to the one I grew up with. Where players didn't get interchanged unless they were badly injured.

In some ways I'd like to see the game go back to this. Fatigue needs to have it's place in the game. This encourages the smaller preston campbell type of players, and discourages the player getting bigger and bigger in the gym.

That's just my 2 cents worth.

Interchange is fine. It is the BS that goes on.

X player gets tackled. Minor contact like a slap or finger in the eye. Stays down for few minutes gets both sides a breather.

Player goes on report. Tackled player off for a HIA. Don't get me wrong there is actual head knocks lose a back early on. You will lose the game.

That is why you need cover

Smug Panther

First Grade
Interchange is fine. It is the BS that goes on.

X player gets tackled. Minor contact like a slap or finger in the eye. Stays down for few minutes gets both sides a breather.

Player goes on report. Tackled player off for a HIA. Don't get me wrong there is actual head knocks lose a back early on. You will lose the game.

That is why you need cover
1 out and out prop
1 backrower/prop
1 centre/backrower
1 utility that can add value without injury/young gun who would benefit from a taste of first grade.

Kenny is a better 14 than May because he offers at least soild defence and doesn't get in the way. I'm sure we've all watched the GF at least 10 times May's "contribution" was putrid