What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

The backbone of this great team came up during Hooks time. Yeo, Cleary, Kikau, Fish, Edwards all either debuted or spent the formative period of their careers under him. He may not have been the guy to take us to the next level, but the idea that he's a rubbish coach because he can't turn the Kogarah circus around doesn't add up.

It’s possible he’s a good mentor but a rubbish coach. In terms of tactics and selections he was very questionable.

Smug Panther

First Grade
It’s possible he’s a good mentor but a rubbish coach. In terms of tactics and selections he was very questionable.
The type of mentor where 27 out of 30 players don't turn up to the annual club presentation?
The man is a merkin of a bloke and can't work with others. He's also a shit coach

Iamback

Coach
The type of mentor where 27 out of 30 players don't turn up to the annual club presentation?
The man is a merkin of a bloke and can't work with others. He's also a shit coach

That is entirely on the front office. Should been early Sept like every other teams was

Murraymob1

Juniors
Just renewed my season tickets price has gone up that’s okay.I have 2 seats eastern grandstand I buy mine and my dads he passed 5 years ago but still buy his seat every year
I used to get the vip package up to 2 years ago as well .I got it for 2 reason the team picture you could be in with the team and you got your name on your seat .I used to get a buzz walking to my seat and seeing my name on it.I looked at the current vip package it is double the price of the last one I got and both team picture and name on seat gone
For me I just can’t see the value unless these return.I will continue with my season tickets regardless of price

hindy111

Post Whore
I can't believe people are still arguing whether Griffin is a good coach. He's not. The end.
(Of course, I was wrong about Cleary, but I'm a little more sure about this call :))

If Gus was so great why did he sack Ivan?

Coaches I think are more man managers these days. That's most important. To keep the squad tight, happy and motivated.
You can always change attack and defense coaches and have 4 or 5 helping out with tactics.
What makes a Ivan such a great coach is he has a great squad.

Ricky Stuart beat the Storm as 3-1 outsiders. Is he a better coach then Bellamy?

I think Ivan is a great calm presence and players respect him. How would Penrith of went if Griffin stayed? Who knows. He may of had different ideas on retention and must keeps.

MugaB

Coach
If Gus was so great why did he sack Ivan?

Coaches I think are more man managers these days. That's most important. To keep the squad tight, happy and motivated.
You can always change attack and defense coaches and have 4 or 5 helping out with tactics.
What makes a Ivan such a great coach is he has a great squad.

Ricky Stuart beat the Storm as 3-1 outsiders. Is he a better coach then Bellamy?

I think Ivan is a great calm presence and players respect him. How would Penrith of went if Griffin stayed? Who knows. He may of had different ideas on retention and must keeps.
Yep, same as most coaches... i feel its a plan started with Gus, implement by him and run by Ivan and most importantly Matt Cameron.. we all hear the media tripe out to stone anything successful.. as long as panthers stick to their processes theyll never become the woeful tigers when it comes to bad management...

Winning starts at the front office...

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
What are peoples thoughts on 2023.

Who are top 8?
Who can win the title?

I'll start by saying Penrith bar injuries will still be damm strong.
1-7 hasn't changed and along with Yeo run the show. May,Tago,Crighton are all going to be better as well.
The only thing that can hurt them is hunger. But I expect another 2 or 3 kids to debut and fans going WOW they must be kept.

Storm losses Kafusi, Bromwich brothers and B.Smith. But will have maybe the best spine in comp so they are interesting as are the Broncos who have a very young squad who gained experience and get stronger adding Walsh. I like both sides.

Eels are interesting. The packs weaker but the backs are the issue. Hoping they can re jig in off season and land some backs with power.

I think Saints will be the best of the sides who didn't make finals. Lot if young blokes just building their bodies up.

I can see the Dogs improve but Stimson,Reed I feel are good but not great.JMK had a solid season. Kikaus huge but they lost Vaughn who was their best forward. For me it's a lot on Burton and TPJ. If those two fire.

Most the top sides are weaker on paper bar Souths,Cowboys,Roosters,Sharks.

It could be a very interesting season - Or we could get the same old identical top 8 bar 1 or 2 bottom sides.

MugaB

Coach

Who are top 8?
Who can win the title?

1-7 hasn't changed and along with Yeo run the show. May,Tago,Crighton are all going to be better as well.
The only thing that can hurt them is hunger. But I expect another 2 or 3 kids to debut and fans going WOW they must be kept.

Storm losses Kafusi, Bromwich brothers and B.Smith. But will have maybe the best spine in comp so they are interesting as are the Broncos who have a very young squad who gained experience and get stronger adding Walsh. I like both sides.

Eels are interesting. The packs weaker but the backs are the issue. Hoping they can re jig in off season and land some backs with power.

I think Saints will be the best of the sides who didn't make finals. Lot if young blokes just building their bodies up.

I can see the Dogs improve but Stimson,Reed I feel are good but not great.JMK had a solid season. Kikaus huge but they lost Vaughn who was their best forward. For me it's a lot on Burton and TPJ. If those two fire.

It could be a very interesting season - Or we could get the same old identical top 8 bar 1 or 2 bottom sides.
Dolphins to make 8-9th spot

Munky

Coach

Who are top 8?
Who can win the title?

Waiting for the world cup to finish.

A few unfortunate star players will suffer a serious injury which will impact the club season.

Latest posts