What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
After the Canberra game in Bathurst the side said in the presser they started playing the game plan and won. So who knows but goes with a young team
I can’t find any highlights of the semi final game against the Broncos but that was the game, based on news reports, where Corey Oates was knocked out in a contest with his own player, we went off and scored but it was called back. I remember it being a huge call, most media pundits agreeing it was the wrong call At the time. Apparently we had our chances but couldn’t get the job done.

Fangs

Coach
I can’t find any highlights of the semi final game against the Broncos but that was the game, based on news reports, where Corey Oates was knocked out in a contest with his own player, we went off and scored but it was called back. I remember it being a huge call, most media pundits agreeing it was the wrong call At the time. Apparently we had our chances but couldn’t get the job done.

Tyrone May suffered an ACL that night I think. That was a big moment in the contest as he was in fine form. He won us a crucial match in Canberra which saw us sneak into the 8.

WestyLife

First Grade

I'm still salty about that call.

Kilkenny

Coach
I'm still salty about that call.
I probably need some highlight reel to refresh my memory so to speak but I remember being peeved at the time. As the reports go we had more than enough opportunities on their line but couldn’t seal the deal. 6-6 it may have been a different game. Doesn’t matter now, Hook may feel differently given he was in charge at the time. Moylan was out for that game apparently.

Kilkenny

Coach
My biggest disappointment around the Hook era was his post sacking appearance on NRL 360 ironically, or other FoxSport show where he kind of wanted to take credit for addressing issues with our junior pathways program. I seem to recall his accusations we were a mess and he seemed to want to take credit for addressing the situation.

I thought other than that aspect he performed rather well in his exit media interview. Gus didn’t last too long thereafter so it was an a ghastly exit for both with no winners other than Ivan as it turned out. And the club of course.

BxTom

Bench
After the Canberra game in Bathurst the side said in the presser they started playing the game plan and won. So who knows but goes with a young team

I was at that game and the instructions came from Hook with about ten minutes or less left. I know because a player (not on the field) came from the coach and told the on field players to take it up the middle about two meters in front of me. That's what Moylan did. They didn't throw the game plan away as so many on here wrongly state, they just followed new instructions from Hook.

Kilkenny

Coach
A close friend of mine was part of the support staff during the Hook years and he maintains to this day he had the support of the majority of the playing group right up until the end. There were cracks starting to appear which widened after the away trip against the Storm and the rest is history I guess. Not sure the issues were all Hooks fault certain players, not least the club captain must share a last portion of the blame.

Kilkenny

Coach
I was at that game and the instructions came from Hook with about ten minutes or less left. I know because a player (not on the field) came from the coach and told the on field players to take it up the middle about two meters in front of me. That's what Moylan did. They didn't throw the game plan away as so many on here wrongly state, they just followed new instructions from Hook.
A Matt Moylan masterclass wins that game and it is ironic the same player played his part in Hooks ultimate downfall.

Maybe Hook was naive or too trusting certain players let him down in his time with us and history repeated itself in his time with the Dragons. BBQ gate the obvious example.

MugaB

Coach
Our justice system, in the criminal sphere anyway is built around the presumption of innocence.

Regardless of one’s personal opinions around Paul Kent as a person, as a RL journalist he is entitled to the presumption of innocence and I think we need to let this one take its natural course before passing judgement.
Nah FúCK him... he would never give the same courtesy to any of the players who end up in court..
I would normally agree with you, but that guy is a perennial weasel and sits on his dumb parra high horse, looking down on us westies from the stix, calls our best players mugs, coz they celebrate wins like FMD, dude eats sour grapes, he can suck up a bit of vitorol coming his way, call it karma for all the finger pointing he has done to us these past few seasons

Fangs

Coach

Highlights for those who want to watch.

One thing that stands out is how good Dylan Edwards is these days. The Broncos don't score their two tries on that night if 2023 Dylan Edwards is at fullback. His defense is just superb.

Iamback

Coach

Highlights for those who want to watch.

One thing that stands out is how good Dylan Edwards is these days. The Broncos don't score their two tries on that night if 2023 Dylan Edwards is at fullback. His defense is just superb.

looking at that team sheet, We severely over achieved with that squad

Iamback

Coach

That is it. It was a very inexperienced squad.

Halves of Bryce and a teenage Cleary is hardly going to have an in depth game plan regardless

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Nah FúCK him... he would never give the same courtesy to any of the players who end up in court..
I would normally agree with you, but that guy is a perennial weasel and sits on his dumb parra high horse, looking down on us westies from the stix, calls our best players mugs, coz they celebrate wins like FMD, dude eats sour grapes, he can suck up a bit of vitorol coming his way, call it karma for all the finger pointing he has done to us these past few seasons
Its interesting that NRL 360 has been removed from Kayos back catalogue.
I guess its to stop the clever youtubers from using some old footage of him on his moral high ground to highlight his current predicament.