What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Girds89

Bench
I think i said in melvs thread James Hooper is one of the biggest fwits in the game....

Hes latest hate piece on luai yesterday confirms that.

Imo the club should bloke him completely.. no interviews.. dont respond to his questions post or pre match... dont give him anything..

That article on luai yesterday was not journalism it was literally a hate piece... calling that a dog shot lol... fmd the bia ive seen from that bloke is unbelievable... if thats one of his fav like cam murray not even a whisper..

Like i said the other day.... jerome is about as far from a protected species as you can get... he gets over penalised now for who he is.

Similar to hetherington.. refs i feel automatically have a preconceived opinion or whatever about players like that... whilst other golden children of the nrl can get away with pushing the boundaries.... blokes like luai get stun the instant theres a minor infringement.

Ban hooper from all things penrith i say... hes done his dash...

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
I think i said in melvs thread James Hooper is one of the biggest fwits in the game....

Imo the club should bloke him completely.. no interviews.. dont respond to his questions post or pre match... dont give him anything..

That article on luai yesterday was not journalism it was literally a hate piece... calling that a dog shot lol... fmd the bia ive seen from that bloke is unbelievable... if thats one of his fav like cam murray not even a whisper..

Like i said the other day.... jerome is about as far from a protected species as you can get... he gets over penalised now for who he is.

Similar to hetherington.. refs i feel automatically have a preconceived opinion or whatever about players like that... whilst other golden children of the nrl can get away with pushing the boundaries.... blokes like luai get stun the instant theres a minor infringement.

He is a grade A Fwit....

The problem is, he has arsecrawled his way to sideline eye, then he worms his way into IC press conferences. The club may not have any choice.
Tino breaks a blokes jaw, thats ok. Serial offenders Tino,JWH, Flegler to name some.
Sometime I think Tallis and Hooper swap brains.

MugaB

Coach
There's a huge audience for the anti-Luai stuff. Besides supporters of every other team who have been schooled by him, there's also those who can't deal with a free thinking brown skinned Westy who doesn't know his place in society.
Brian To'o says hello...seriously if you think its a racist thing its totally not ...its the gangster thing, people hate it, but you see guys like adin fanua blake or andrew fafita throw up gang signs and its the same type of hate.. there isn't too many players that get people polarised as much any more, which makes romey more of a target when he does his own brand of dumb shit... but seriously that tackle was nothing to Nelson, if anything he was totally pissed he didn't get a penalty from it.. good old NRL360 leaving the article up on screen, for ages whilelst talking about other similar incidents, was there way of putting shit on Luai without heavily criticising him with a sound byte

WestyLife

First Grade
The problem is, he has arsecrawled his way to sideline eye, then he worms his way into IC press conferences. The club may not have any choice.
Tino breaks a blokes jaw, thats ok. Serial offenders Tino,JWH, Flegler to name some.
Sometime I think Tallis and Hooper swap brains.

You see they only have the one to share between them all.

Girds89

Bench
Bwaith is the only passable one on the rare occasions I watch because I know they'll have Panther content

Dispite what luke bowden thinks i havent watched 360 or any fox program in years haha.

To much drama and zero actually rugby league talk..

I dont mind pre and post game stuff..thats about it.. hooper for me tho definitely seems to have a personal issue with luai..

Hes singled him out soo many times its not funny

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Dispite what luke bowden thinks i havent watched 360 or any fox program in years haha.

To much drama and zero actually rugby league talk..

I dont mind pre and post game stuff..thats about it.. hooper for me tho definitely seems to have a personal issue with luai..

Hes singled him out soo many times its not funny
Yeah I'll only tune in if I know they are going to cry about us

Fangs

Coach
Has his antics and pushes the envelope a bit too far sometimes. But he is fairly harmless.

Fans just want someone to hate and its Jarome. It gets worse when you have been the best team in the competition for an extended time. People want to see you fall

And the media love him for that reason. Its so easy to do a story on the bloke and get fans talking on social media. Privately they would be ecstatic if he does sometime iffy on the field because they know how much traffic they will get from reporting it. These panel shows have to create controversy for clicks.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yeah he needs to own bad takes better, levels seems to nail that. Also bag out guys where needed

Why?

I come back to this old chestnut.......Kemp will say when a player is playing badly. Isn't that what is needed. This 'bagging' out a player ( I've found) is getting personal about the player when discussing their form.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Why?

I come back to this old chestnut.......Kemp will say when a player is playing badly. Isn't that what is needed. This 'bagging' out a player ( I've found) is getting personal about the player when discussing their form.
Do you think it's possible you're just a bit more sensitive and see personal attacks when they don't really exist at all...?

Food for thought.

maple_69

Bench
The funny thing about Luai is that the Cobbo/Origin incident aside, he generally does tread the line in game pretty well. He agitates and pushes the envelope, but rarely gets it wrong. Part of his role is to be a pest, on and off the field, and he generally does it damn well. I wouldn't be surprised if he does end up in media at the end of his career, like Ennis. He's a lot smarter than the average NRL player. The Australian public has a habit of warming to characters like this as they settle down a bit (Hewitt, Kyrgios, Ennis are a few examples).