What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

And this is why the Clubs actions were astoundingly bad but I got panned for saying it.

If May is guilty then we'd have been able to get rid of him with no trouble.

But now in trying to jump the gun - we have created a very disgruntled employee. Imagine having to pay out his 2 year contract whilst sitting him out? Even if we do somehow eventually play him, is he going to put in 100% knowing that the club wanted to knife him. What about his mates inside the squad? How will they view the Club going forward?

Very poorly handled situation.
We are assuming the most recent breach he is being ‘penalised’ for is the charge he is facing.

There are a multitude of things that he could receive a breach notice for (ie he could be served a breach notice for turning up to training late, or unsanctioned and inappropriate use of social media or failing to meet acceptable standards in public settings) that the Board might be considering in deciding to terminate his contract.

I have no information, but I trust the club; I am sure they have done the research and have all the facts.

Munky

Coach
We are assuming the most recent breach he is being ‘penalised’ for is the charge he is facing.

There are a multitude of things that he could receive a breach notice for (ie he could be served a breach notice for turning up to training late, or unsanctioned and inappropriate use of social media or failing to meet acceptable standards in public settings) that the Board might be considering in deciding to terminate his contract.

I have no information, but I trust the club; I am sure they have done the research and have all the facts.

While I agree with all this, the decision to re-sign him in late March to then initiate firing him less than two months later just stands out as being odd.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Hope this May issue doesn't unravel our season like the issue his brother causes a few years ago did.

Very different situation I believe. This isn't a shock that the club have gone down this path.

The filming of the sexual activities (without consent) involved a group of players, as those videos were passed around amongst the group.

To a large extent the players are battle hardened too. Not the young kids that they were in 2019.

I think anyone that's been seeing May's social media rants and activities over these past months, don't doubt something is seriously amiss with him.

There will be perhaps some splash back, but it comes down to this. You can't being the game, the club nor the team into disrepute.

For a number of months this has been happening.

May and his legal team decided to 'get cute' with the injunction.......and this is the push back from the club. Hardly a surprise.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Very different situation I believe. This isn't a shock that the club have gone down this path.

The filming of the sexual activities (without consent) involved a group of players, as those videos were passed around amongst the group.

To a large extent the players are battle hardened too. Not the young kids that they were in 2019.

I think anyone that's been seeing May's social media rants and activities over these past months, don't doubt something is seriously amiss with him.

There will be perhaps some splash back, but it comes down to this. You can't being the game, the club nor the team into disrepute.

For a number of months this has been happening.

May and his legal team decided to 'get cute' with the injunction.......and this is the push back from the club. Hardly a surprise.
I agree with what you have said. However, any instability in the club could disrupt the processes in place to keep the players focussed. Hopefully those processes and supports within the club are enough to keep the boys on track without distraction.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Just a couple of random thoughts

!) Sin bins should accumulate and once you reach a certain level say 5/6 your are automatically suspended for one game. Not sure about this but I like my second one
2) Six agains any three in five minutes automatic sin bin. Would be controlled by the bunker OR any 6 in a game automatic sin bin for 5/10 minutes

I'm talking about Joe dirt and Riki.

Henry has been in 1st grade
You said:
“even this year no props to step up incase JFH and Moses goes down.”
This is incorrect as Henry has established himself as a regular first grader this year, the year before that it was Lindsay Smith, and before that Spencer Leniu. So that’s 3 very good to elite young props the club has uncovered/debuted/established/progressed in ~3 years. With that in mind how about giving the club the benefit of the doubt before accusing them of “being asleep at the wheel”?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I agree with what you have said. However, any instability in the club could disrupt the processes in place to keep the players focussed. Hopefully those processes and supports within the club are enough to keep the boys on track without distraction.

I totally agree.

I've read some comments (on social media) from pundits. That Tago may be unhappy with the club regarding May. I have no idea whether this information is correct or not.

. My thoughts on this are, Tago you either toe the company line, or you move on.

Last edited:
You said:
This is incorrect as Henry has established himself as a regular first grader this year, the year before that it was Lindsay Smith, and before that Spencer Leniu. So that’s 3 very good to elite young props the club has uncovered/debuted/established/progressed in ~3 years. With that in mind how about giving the club the benefit of the doubt before accusing them of “being asleep at the wheel”?
Lawyered.

WestyLife

First Grade
I totally agree. There are rumblings that Tago is unhappy with what the club is doing. My thoughts on this are, Tago you either toe the company line, or you move on.

Hopefully Tago sees sense. But if his going to be silly.....bye bye.

Why frame comments on here as "rumblings tago is unhappy" fox level journalism there.

You said:
But someone has to step up for Henry. Henry is now established. He is mongrel and aggressive.

But Riki and Grant aren't cutting it. Patea should be next in line, but after that, incase of injuries there isn't much. Saturday was a terrible 1st half and shows how we are lacking in the front.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Why frame comments on here as "rumblings tago is unhappy" fox level journalism there.

Goodness me.

Who claimed Tago is un-happy?

Guess what I read it on social media. Perhaps I framed in inappropriately. I'll go back and change it if you like.

I've read on social media that Tago is 'potentially' unhappy with what is going on regarding May.

I have no idea whether is information is true, or just someone having a laugh.

Does that make you all feel better now......