What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geographically, which teams in the NRL don't make sense?

Perth Red

Post Whore
you must be mistaking rugby league for free heroin.

WA and SA don't give a flying f**k about rugby league.

go there, see for yourself. .

22,000 Perth ticket sales in June would suggest you are cluelesss, but then seeing less than 7k turn out for your team despite freebie tickets would make you a little nervous I guess!

carcharias

Immortal
yeah...I was working over there a couple of years ago .
I had the NRL grand final on the radio...halfway through the broadcast they stopped it to go to the local aussie rules grand final.

Yep WA is all over rugby league.

fightingirish69

Juniors
brisbane and the gold coast in 88

genuinely good comp up north of the border that was supplying great players to the kangaroos and maroons.
no matter what bronco's fans tell you . the truth is not that many players had ditched queensland to play in the nswrl.
in 1987 a minority of queenslands great players were playing in the nswrl, in 1988 99% percent of them were playing in the nswrl.
i don't think the lions or the roar would have have gained a foothold if the qld comp had been preserved as a top rate comp.

and rugby league could have still gone national/international . it would have been the perfect basis for northern and southern divisions of a national comp.

Mr Fourex

Bench
brisbane and the gold coast in 88

genuinely good comp up north of the border that was supplying great players to the kangaroos and maroons.
no matter what bronco's fans tell you . the truth is not that many players had ditched queensland to play in the nswrl.

If that were the case you dumb irish moron

then why was State of Origin started...........:crazy: :crazy:

No surprises here.......you picking out QLD sides.

Haters gonna hate !!

fightingirish69

Juniors
If that were the case you dumb irish moron

then why was State of Origin started...........:crazy: :crazy:

No surprises here.......you picking out QLD sides.

Haters gonna hate !!

ok rock spider

every origin side pre-1988
tell the ratio of brisbane based players asopposed to nsw based players.

Mr Fourex

Bench
dont worry cacharias fourex is just a dumb inbred who see's everything in terms of nsw vs qld. not whats good for the game

:lol: ........so State of Origin wasn't good for the game?

and

the Brisbane Broncos being formed wasn't good for the game?

Congratulations.........you're a f*ckwit.

Last edited:

fightingirish69

Juniors
:lol: ........so State of Origin wasn't good for the game?

and

the Brisbane Broncos being formed wasn't good for the game?

Congratulations.........you're a f*ckwit.

origin was good for the game .... it was brilliant..when it was the best of two different comps

the bronco's good for the game...maybe ..maybe not... but they sure as hell were'nt essential for rugby league in queensland

congratulations.. your an inbred

KiamaSaint

Coach
There are clearly too many Sydney teams. If teams don't represent geography anymore then what is the problem with relocation???

In my opinion the Roosters (or maybe Rabbitohs) and the Sharks should relocate leaving:

.................................................................................................
Manly (Brookvale and CC)

Penrith (as is)............................Parramatta (as is)
................................................................................................ Souths or Roosters (SFS)
.............West Tigers (Campbelltown) .................Bulldogs (Homebush)

..................................................................................................Dragons (as is)

Seven Sydney teams, but two of those teams playing half their games outside of Sydney. The IC says "Sorry Bears, yes but not on the CC". Demerge the Dragons??? Why, there are already too many Sydney teams. Get rid of Cowboys??? You can't be serious.

BTW Special K, this isn't a get rid of Sharks thread, it is a get rid of the excess Sydney teams thread of whom sharks just happen to be the bottom of the pile.

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

Bench
origin was good for the game .... it was brilliant..when it was the best of two different comps

the bronco's good for the game...maybe ..maybe not... but they sure as hell were'nt essential for rugby league in queensland

We're not talking about rugby league in QLD

Here's the question you originally dribbled at

Re: Geographically, which teams in the NRL don't make sense?
You said: brisbane and the gold coast

The NRL .......The National Rugby League comp, right?

The premier RL comp in Australia.....right?

How the f*ck does having QLD based sides in the comp NOT make sense?

RL's 2 stronghold states are NSW and QLD. If you are going to have a "national" comp it makes perfect sense to have these 2 states as an integrable part of the competition.

Why don't you stick to something like hurling.......you might stand a chance of knowing what the f*ck you're talking about.

AuDragon

Juniors

Don't worry about RL in Qld, it's in a hell of a better shape than in NSW. Our Qcup sh!ts all over the NSW comp from a great height too.

The fact that Qld and the Broncos are so successful, is a gigantic thorn on NSW'kers sides. We don't apologise for it, on the contrary, it's quite enjoyable! :lol:

Cue the inbred insult... :sarcasm:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Don't worry about RL in Qld, it's in a hell of a better shape than in NSW. Our Qcup sh!ts all over the NSW comp from a great height too.

The fact that Qld and the Broncos are so successful, is a gigantic thorn on NSW'kers sides. We don't apologise for it, on the contrary, it's quite enjoyable! :lol:

Cue the inbred insult... :sarcasm:
Oi inbred. A QLD team hasn't made the GF in 5 years. Last year the GF had two Sydney teams. I'm willing to bet the same will happen this year.

NSW is better than QLD every day of the week in the NRL.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Oi inbred. A QLD team hasn't made the GF in 5 years. Last year the GF had two Sydney teams. I'm willing to bet the same will happen this year.

NSW is better than QLD every day of the week in the NRL.

Except if I am not mistaken, don't Melbourne draw from the Queensland cup? Isn't one of the major problems with the NSW cup is that half the Sydney based teams wanted to field teams in the Queensland cup??? Not sure your argument stands up.

Mr Fourex

Bench

........it's an attractive bet

and given your track record of ridiculous predictions going horribly side ways

count me in.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
yeah...I was working over there a couple of years ago .
I had the NRL grand final on the radio...halfway through the broadcast they stopped it to go to the local aussie rules grand final.

Yep WA is all over rugby league.

you do realise the NRL has pretty much ignored WA for over a decade don;t you? Do you think the game has some god given right to be popular?

Give us FTA TV, give us a team, give us some dvelopment $'s, then judge us. Just like we are doing with the people of Cronulla who clearly have little interest in having an NRL team despite having all the above and 50 years to get it right.

Latest posts