What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess charged

BunniesMan

Immortal
A punch up, assault and preventing someone from self harm can all be argued and self defence can be used as an excuse, but doing a "Bruce Banner" and chucking a sign through a car window can only be explained as a wilful act of stupidity. It's dumd and it's illegal and he is gonna cop it.

There are zero excuses and zero defences that can be used.
Neither the club nor the player are using any excuses or defense. Noone is. Burgess has admitted he did the wrong thing.

That has been very rare in all of these incidents lately. Very rarely do players take full responsibility from day 1 and Burgess has.

He'll be playing next week and it'll be all good.

And the best thing is......

It takes away any chance of hearing....."it would never happen at our club", "we at South Sydney would never allow that to go on at our club", "Rusty and Richo would never ......" you get my drift!

El Diablo

Post Whore
Neither the club nor the player are using any excuses or defense. Noone is. Burgess has admitted he did the wrong thing.

That has been very rare in all of these incidents lately
. Very rarely do players take full responsibility from day 1 and Burgess has.

no it hasn't

First Grade

That has been very rare in all of these incidents lately. Very rarely do players take full responsibility from day 1 and Burgess has.

He won't be playing next week the NRL will make an example of the gimp.

Kiwi

First Grade
So putting multiple lives in danger isn't as bad as damaging property that you can and will pay for? A footy playey can afford to replace the property he damaged, noone can replace lives if they are lost.

So before Georgie Boy decided it was a good idea to pull down a sign and throw it through a car windscreen he did a safety check to make sure no one was around or in the car? I hope he has is South Sydney Player Take 5 book filled out correctly to show the judge he hurled a sign through a car window but only after conducting the appropriate checks and conforming to QLD and National safety laws. Oh wait he was just trying to one up his Dad Russell Crowe who threw a phone at a wall.

Seriously though, whilst yes drink driving is worse, there is still the potential for someone innocent to physically get hurt with what George did. Imagine the trauma of a young family with kids having to have that happen to them. I'm glad George is stepping up, but don't try and make out like it's nothing.

I bet if one of your kids were in the car at the time you'd disown them for getting in the way of George's sign.

Danish

Referee
Perhaps players need to just stop f**king drinking during the season.

Seriously its not that hard, especially when you consider Ferguson was about to have a completely sanctioned origin team piss up the next night.

Ozzy

First Grade
Players don't need minders when they are sober, but during the season when they're going to get on the drink and their decision making is going to be impaired they should have to have minders with them.

A minder would have stepped in and ensured that street sign didn't go through that window.

If what is alleged about Ferguson is true then a minder would have stopped him from getting back into the club.
:lol: Would you step in front of him and stopped him? I'd say no. Why do you expect someone else to do it?

no name

Coach

Seriously its not that hard, especially when you consider Ferguson was about to have a completely sanctioned origin team piss up the next night.

I'd prefer BunniesMan babysitter idea.

BunniesMan

Immortal

I agree entirely with this. If I was a professional athlete I wouldn't touch a drop of alcohol during the season because binge drinking obviously has a negative effect on training and performance.

But that seems draconian to some people. If I was running a club there'd be blanket season long alcohol bans.
:lol: Would you step in front of him and stopped him? I'd say no. Why do you expect someone else to do it?
If I was employed to do that yes I would. A stupid drunken prank is one thing, but attacking a minder is a different thing. Burgess would have stopped if a minder was there to tell him no.

Ozzy

First Grade
I agree entirely with this. If I was a professional athlete I wouldn't touch a drop of alcohol during the season because binge drinking obviously has a negative effect on training and performance.

But that seems draconian to some people. If I was running a club there'd be blanket season long alcohol bans.

If I was employed to do that yes I would. A stupid drunken prank is one thing, but attacking a minder is a different thing. Burgess would have stopped if a minder was there to tell him no.
Yeah right. Someone in a state of mind where he throws metal onto a car would stop because someone was there to say no? Obviously you have never seen people in that state of intoxication.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

:lol::lol: If it has come this far the minder clearly hasn't done his job beforehand.

Raider_69

Post Whore

Amazing isnt it?
How hard would it be to just not get on the piss... just play footy, earn truck loads of dollars and stay out the nightclubs during the season

Last edited:

Latest posts