What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess charged

hitman82

Bench
i don't get where people are coming up with he ripped out a street sign, all the articles I have read say he has 2 charges of willfull damage on cars and he used a street sign he found in the street.

From that i take it as he found the sign on the ground and has damaged 2 vehicles?

The current perception is far more entertaining.
Tearing a metal pole from the earth and impaling a car on it sounds fairly epic and insane.
Finding a piece of metal on the ground and using it to smash a couple of windows just sounds childish and lame.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Talk about slotting in as a like for like replacement.

The identical twin brother of George Burgess is in line to be called up to make his NRL debut following the standing down of the South Sydney forward for smashing a car window in Cairns

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...er-burgess-out-of-the-hat-20130618-2ofhn.html

He smashed a couple of windows. He'll pay for it to get fixed. He'll pay the state a fine on top of it. No real harm done. Comparing him to Tamou is lunacy.

He gets a breather while we play Parra, no biggie, he gets back in next week and it's all good. Move along now people nothing to see here

ceagle

Bench
Crucify him on the cross, abuse of car windows is one of the most disgraceful acts known to man.

FMD.

Driving the kids to see Peppa Pig in Miranda, and hear this on the news radio. Esp after thinking Adam Spencer was a hypocritical fugwit insinuating NRL is a horrible sport and nothing like an assault would ever happen in AFL...of course completely forgetting some dude from the AFL was just JAILED!!!!

Almost ran off the road.

I despair.

Richo will need to ring Furner for tips.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Talk about slotting in as a like for like replacement.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...er-burgess-out-of-the-hat-20130618-2ofhn.html

He smashed a couple of windows. He'll pay for it to get fixed. He'll pay the state a fine on top of it. No real harm done. Comparing him to Tamou is lunacy.

He gets a breather while we play Parra, no biggie, he gets back in next week and it's all good. Move along now people nothing to see here

I'm afraid according to this guy called bunniesman he should be stood down until July 10th

That said, when I was 18-20-ish, I once got pissed and spray painted my own name on the carpet floor of the host. Imagine denying that one.

Urinated in a car's petrol tank. Vomited in a co-workers briefcase on the way home in a taxi (And he was soooo pissed as well, he thought he'd done it), vomited on a train home thinking it was the inter city toilet cubicle. Urinated on the police station at Circular Quay after a Harbour Cruise.

Lucky I didn't play NRL, or anyone had photo phone and Facebook.

Not proud either. Just dumb and on the cans.

hitman82

Bench
That said, when I was 18-20-ish, I once got pissed and spray painted my own name on the carpet floor of the host. Imagine denying that one.

Urinated in a car's petrol tank. Vomited in a co-workers briefcase on the way home in a taxi (And he was soooo pissed as well, he thought he'd done it), vomited on a train home thinking it was the inter city toilet cubicle. Urinated on the police station at Circular Quay after a Harbour Cruise.

Lucky I didn't play NRL, or anyone had photo phone and Facebook.

Not proud either. Just dumb and on the cans.

:lol: sounds like you had serious issues keeping the grog inside either end.

LatK7

First Grade
FMD.

Driving the kids to see Peppa Pig in Miranda, and hear this on the news radio. Esp after thinking Adam Spencer was a hypocritical fugwit insinuating NRL is a horrible sport and nothing like an assault would ever happen in AFL...of course completely forgetting some dude from the AFL was just JAILED!!!!

Almost ran off the road.

I despair.

Richo will need to ring Furner for tips.

What's Spencer's go with the NRL anyway? Is he just a staunch AFL fan or did a League player hit on his sister or something?

Brutus

Referee
There is a current AFL player in a jail cell at the moment.

He punched a girl in the face - one of many incidents from this bloke.

Does Adam Spencer realise this?

Adam Spencer is a one-eyed AFL zealot and for every 'blackest day' in NRL, there is a corresponding one in AFL.

Remember when he turned up his nose at Andrew Johns being named an immortal. Tried for days to get on and ask him about Gary Ablett Sr aka GOD. And let's not forget Ben Cosuins.

shaggs

Coach
BM once again showing there is the rabbits rule and the everyone else rules.
You are a knob.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Disturbing picture just entered my head.

BunniesmanLover with a cheesy grin and a massive woody. Why?

Bunniesman backing up at the rate of knots. Sick

You are kidding BM talk about two-faced.

If he has pleaded guilty, I say deport the pommy bastard.

Red Bear

Referee
Disappointed, had always seemed a top bloke whenever i've seen him around North Sydney Oval/playing for the Bears. Hopefully learns his lesson.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Firstly, Tamou got 2 weeks for doing something significantly worse. Burgess looks like getting at least 1 game and possibly more for something so much less.

And I meant standing down pending charges for people that fight the charge. Burgess isn't fighting it. He's admitted he stuffed up so the NRL/club should give him his punishment and get it over and done with. 1 week is plenty.

Just Shaddup

Not sure if anyone heard Bosnich on Triple M this morning, but I certainly think it's time the SoO / Kangaroo squads, and the individual clubs got their own personal guards/minders to stop the 'investments' getting themselves in to trouble.

BunniesMan

Immortal
A lot of big sporting clubs around the world have professional minders to keep players safe and out of trouble. It'll happen in Australia before long.

TBH - I'm surprised they haven't got them by now.

If Julian O'Neill shitting in a shoe and trashing a Dubbo hotel wasn't a good time for the clubs to do it...well...

Latest posts