What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess facing 2 week ban for contrary conduct

Danish

Referee
2 weeks for chucking a plastic bottle is the biggest overreaction in the history of rugby league.

I initially thought George was on the field when I posted in this thread, but after seeing the footage he is lucky none of the refs spotted him. Had they done, I've no doubt he'd have been given his marching orders on the spot.

I don't know how sending someone off from the bench works exactly - I imagine souths would have to pull a player from the field and send Burgess up the tunnel - but it definitely weould have happened.

Tossing something from the bench as hard as he did was one of the most boneheaded things I've seen done

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
What is it with George Burgess and throwing things? First it was a pole through a car window and now a plastic bottle. He needs to control his propensity to rage.

insert.pause

First Grade
Can't ban fans for life for throwing bottles on the field & then when a player does it hit them with a wet lettuce leaf. Burgess is a deadshit and he's to blame for facing two week suspension, not the MRC. He's very lucky he missed.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Souths fans....blame everyone else....

Note....this could have been avoided if Burgess wasn't dumb and just sat on the bench like a good boy!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths fans....blame everyone else....

Note....this could have been avoided if Burgess wasn't dumb and just sat on the bench like a good boy!

Evans should have got 2 weeks too or George should get off like Evans.

Our trainer was treating Carter for injury and then a ball comes flying full force from a distance and smashes into Carter's head causing him to bleed. That could have knocked Carter out which would have been bad.

What George did is the same thing pretty much except he missed. The water bottle didn't even connect at all. If it did all it would have done is exploded and saturated Evans like a water bomb.

What is Rugby League coming to??????

Rabbits20

Immortal
I really reckon Souths will fight the charge or attempt a down grade to grade 1 so George will miss 1 week.

BranVan3000

Coach
Lol the Souths haters in here trying to convince people that the MRC aren't a joke

Did Evans fear for his life as that plastic bottle came hurtling at his feet?

RWB

Bench
Lol the Souths haters in here trying to convince people that the MRC aren't a joke

Did Evans fear for his life as that plastic bottle came hurtling at his feet?

The Burgess boys haven't put the fear into anyone since big bro Sam left. That question is irrelevant.

Liddell

Juniors
Would've been nice for them to change the rule after the incident like they did for Evans.

As dumb as it was, two weeks for that and none for a blatant trip/shoulder charge is taking the piss.

Latest posts