What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess

Trifili13

Juniors
Thanks getsmarty, good read.

Didn't know big George was only 29.

A huge bonus for us however, better news for him with pain relief at a young age and a new lease of life.

Rip in champion.
When you wrote "Rip" at the end, given all the Dragon's legends that have passed away recently, I thought he also passed away before playing a game for us. Had to read it again to make sure.

possm

Coach
I'm predicting George will be our number 1 prop by the season's end followed closely by Molo and Woods. I'm also predicting there will be fierce competition between Lawrie and Mike Molo for a bench prop position.

Old Timer

Coach
Having a big body like George running at our opposition will make a huge difference to our team and hopefully we will see our halves & FB jumping into dummy half off his runs and that will open the gates for others to play off the back of him.

It will make an incredible difference for our edge forwards.

It is physically draining for an opposition to try and stop impact players like George and we haven't had anyone fit that mold for many years.

denis preston

First Grade
Having a big body like George running at our opposition will make a huge difference to our team and hopefully we will see our halves & FB jumping into dummy half off his runs and that will open the gates for others to play off the back of him.

It will make an incredible difference for our edge forwards.

It is physically draining for an opposition to try and stop impact players like George and we haven't had anyone fit that mold for many years.
Hugh body and knows how to use it , unlike unfortunately Kerr.

Trifili13

Juniors
He needs to be put in the middle and stay there. They confused it all last year by playing him on an edge then shifting him into the middle. Stick and pick is the best for Josh
I realise there are nuisances to different positions but the concept remains the same. Run hard, run straight (preferably into holes), run as fast as you can, hold onto the ball and tackle the opposition player when they have the ball. Not that hard. If Kerr or any other player hasn't mastered that by the time they hit first grade then maybe NRL is not for them.

mickeylane

Bench
Kerr will never become a good player - it’s too late for him.. there’s no inkling in any part of his play that says
1. He’s a punishing defender
Or
2. He’s a great edge runner
Or
3. He’s a metre eater up the middle ie: 130m+ per game
Or
4. He’s a ball playing forward

none of the above attributes stick out so the coaching staff can at least work on one of these attributes into a massive strength.

He’s just a big lump of wood that occasionally makes a break but drops the ball like soap just like a horny prisoner in the shower …
Punt him now!!