What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess

denis preston

First Grade
As I understand it, George's contract starts at a low base rate and is incentivised. He gets paid more the more FG he plays, and he has to play well to play FG. That should mean that unless he is playing well enough to hold down a FG spot, then he shouldn't cost us very much.
Wish all contracts were like that !

Reactions: jak

randomdragon

Juniors

Dragon David

First Grade

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Hopefully he comes back to full fitness and is the cornerstone of our pack, was envious of Souths when they had all the brothers wishing it was us, so im glad we got him, hopefully can be our leader..

Gareth67

First Grade
Fantastic to have an abundance of experienced forwards , some towards the backend of their careers and some younger blokes with everything in front of them .

The good point is that if those old hands do play good footy and tire during the game , then they will be replaced with other players who will keep the momentum going .

It’s up to Griffin to keep that pace constantly
moving along at a good rate , so his run on side and bench to be at its most potent during the entire game .

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
At full strength the Prop rotation and depth is top 5 in the NRL particularly if we are including JDB there.

That's a big call considering we probably had the least effective forwards I can recall last year. They either lacked bite, consistency or couldn't stay out of the judiciary.

In reality you won't see the likes of Woods and Burgess at their peak any longer, though they'll play their specific roles. don't forget we have also lost Vaughan who had been our most consistent prop though he had an up and down year last year.

We know what we will get from De Belin and Sua and Molo will add a bundle. The rest need to really bring it to be considered anywhere top 5 category. I'm looking at Lawrie, Kerr, Sims, Fui and the like.

Dragon David

First Grade
Fantastic to have an abundance of experienced forwards , some towards the backend of their careers and some younger blokes with everything in front of them .

The good point is that if those old hands do play good footy and tire during the game , then they will be replaced with other players who will keep the momentum going .

It’s up to Griffin to keep that pace constantly
moving along at a good rate , so his run on side and bench will need to be at its most potent during the entire game .
Yes, to be relentless in both attack and defence Hook needs to make sure that all players are in tip top condition and show no mercy for each game they play.

Old Timer

Coach
Burgess could very well our season defining signing.

If he gets anywhere close to his previous best he will create havoc in the opposition defensive line for our young blokes to rum amok.

If Burgess cracks or breaks the line and the likes of Woods, Sua, Burns keep the rumble going forward then our attack will have some real potency.

Vaughan never had the capability to do what Burgess can potentially do so IMO lots to look forward to.

denis preston

First Grade
That's a big call considering we probably had the least effective forwards I can recall last year. They either lacked bite, consistency or couldn't stay out of the judiciary.

In reality you won't see the likes of Woods and Burgess at their peak any longer, though they'll play their specific roles. don't forget we have also lost Vaughan who had been our most consistent prop though he had an up and down year last year.

We know what we will get from De Belin and Sua and Molo will add a bundle. The rest need to really bring it to be considered anywhere top 5 category. I'm looking at Lawrie, Kerr, Sims, Fui and the like.
Yes, those 4 were part of one of the worst packs in the comp, particularly defensively so need to ramp it up from last year.The bookies obviously are thinking too much of last years form rather than 2021 potential with a revamped pack.

thebigredv

First Grade
Yes, those 4 were part of one of the worst packs in the comp, particularly defensively so need to ramp it up from last year.The bookies obviously are thinking too much of last years form rather than 2021 potential with a revamped pack.

I'm quietly confident of an upward trend next year like most on here tend to be but if we are comparing teams purely on paper we simply don't deserve to be counted amongst the contenders.

If Hook can instill the mental strength in them and they feed off each other then there is a good balance of experience and youth to give us a platform for our nice backline to work with. He wasn't able to do it with the forwards last year and the suspensions hampered those that that did put their hand up. Like the bookies I want to see a new culture and consistency from all pack members before we start labelling them as finalists.

If we can do away with the mid season burnouts then that will be a start. Let's be positive yes but let's also be realistic.

Latest posts