What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News George Williams quits Raiders

Perth Red

Post Whore
If the PR is that the Raiders as a club aren't gonna put up with players who refuse to play after not getting released from their contracts early and that stops a few players from coming here that were going to pull the same shit, who gives a f**k?

He wanted out of his contract early and he got it. Why's he now crying like a little bitch about it?

because he wanted to finish the season and help the team as much as he could maybe? Maybe he is pssed that the club told the media he was released before he had agreed to be in his contract? Maybe he is posed that “somehow” the media ran a story that he had texted the club and said he had quit?

He can walk into a bigger SL contract next week so your kidding yourself if you think it’s about money. Unless you’re from overseas you probably don’t appreciate just how different it has been for migrants this last 15 months due to covid and what’s been happening in Europe. I’ve been here 21 years and never felt like we have in last year in regards to being away from family. My mate who moved here lost his dad in uk last year due to covid and it was terrible as he couldn’t get back to support his mum or even attend the funeral. But hey he’s just a whinging sooky Pom yeh?

bileduct

Coach
because he wanted to finish the season and help the team as much as he could maybe?
No, he wanted a release from his contract. The minute he didn't get it he decided to play the system and it backfired on him.

Maybe he is pssed that the club told the media he was released before he had agreed to be in his contract? Maybe he is posed that “somehow” the media ran a story that he had texted the club and said he had quit?
Boo hoo.

He can walk into a bigger SL contract next week so your kidding yourself if you think it’s about money.
Not for the rest of this year, he can't. Pretty sure SL clubs have salary caps too, mate.

Unless you’re from overseas you probably don’t appreciate just how different it has been for migrants this last 15 months due to covid and what’s been happening in Europe. I’ve been here 21 years and never felt like we have in last year in regards to being away from family. My mate who moved here lost his dad in uk last year due to covid and it was terrible as he couldn’t get back to support his mum or even attend the funeral. But hey he’s just a whinging sooky Pom yeh?
There's nothing stopping him from jumping on a plane this week and f**king off home, bro.

I wish he would.

bileduct

Coach
For all this horseshit about how hard it is for poor Georgie to f**k off home, here's the current policy on entry to England.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

Australia is on the green list. All he needs to do is take a COVID-19 test before he leaves. Doesn't even have to quarantine. It's actually harder for him to get into Victoria than England right now.

Shit... They wouldn't even feel up his balls like they do at LAX.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The SL cap is more if a suggestion than a cap, ask Warrington lol. If I was Leigh I’d be throwing £s at him to get on the plane tomorrow to try and keep them up.

bileduct

Coach
The SL cap is more if a suggestion than a cap, ask Warrington lol. If I was Leigh I’d be throwing £s at him to get on the plane tomorrow to try and keep them up.
That would mean playing at some shitty club he doesn't want to be at.

He is clearly on better money right now than any SL club would be able to offer him for the rest of 2021, and that's why he suddenly isn't so keen on being released from his contract.

skeepe

Immortal
George Williams: “I need to end my contract early. Being away from home is killing me, so much so I’m in no condition to train or play.”

Raiders: “Shit mate, we didn’t realise just how tough you were doing it. Given how bad it is, we’ll let you go back right now so you can look after your family’s well-being”

GW: “No, not like that....”

This is rugby league, not Smith and Smith Accountants.

He rung in sick for training, then if I'm reading right then said he wasn't playing on the weekend either. He wasn't injured or sick, nor depressed, he just didn't like his life situation. There's 24 games a year, if you miss those it's not the same as missing a day of work.

Here's the guts of it - he knew player power usually trumps all and tried it on to get out of a contract he didn't want to be in anymore. That's his terms. The club said OK we'll give you the release because we acknowledge your struggle, and seeing you're saying it's a struggle now we'll release you straight away. That's our terms. George: 'Oh shit, that means I don't get paid'. Oh well, you're the one who said you couldn't battle on much longer. Be careful what you wish for, and maybe a few other players might be on notice that sometimes the better idea is to put your head down and 'struggle on' whilst your nigh on $700k payments continue to come through and you exhibit a commitment to the club that took a punt on you.

Then his mate Hodgson sooks on, saying he's not a bench player. Well actually, form wise, you are. Doesn't matter a f**k what your name is.

It doesn’t make any difference what industry it is. It’s not reasonable, and certainly not legal, to dismiss someone without notice for calling in sick. Even if the proper process wasn’t followed (and we don’t know it wasn’t)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ricky: Hoops Williams wants out and I won’t let him go, he’s now spit the dummy and called in sick. I’ve told him he can f**k off now
Hooper: cheers stick I’ll f**k him over in the media so he looks like a sook walking out on you

Williams: let me go end of year and I’ll do all I can for the team now
Rick: nah you can f**k off we don’t want you
Hoops: Williams quits raiders immediately

Williams, hang the f**k on
REST OF TEAM: wtf are you doing stick

and so sht goes on. Raiders for wooden spoon in two years, get your money on it now!

Perth Red

Post Whore
That would mean playing at some shitty club he doesn't want to be at.

He is clearly on better money right now than any SL club would be able to offer him for the rest of 2021, and that's why he suddenly isn't so keen on being released from his contract.

But but but it’s all about the money isn’t it? Going from one small town team to another isnt that big a step lol

bileduct

Coach
It doesn’t make any difference what industry it is. It’s not reasonable, and certainly not legal, to dismiss someone without notice for calling in sick. Even if the proper process wasn’t followed (and we don’t know it wasn’t)
He wasn't dismissed for calling in sick.

He was granted an early release from his contract because that's what he wanted.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He wasn't dismissed for calling in sick.

He was granted an early release from his contract because that's what he wanted.

no he never asked for an immediate release, he asked to be released at end of year, and raiders have no right to end his contract now, as they are about to find out.

bileduct

Coach
no he never asked for an immediate release, he asked to be released at end of year, and raiders have no right to end his contract now, as they are about to find out.
Why don't the Raiders have the right to ask him to leave now?

bileduct

Coach
they do, but they dont have the right to announce to the world they’ve released him immediately without his permission and agreement.
Why not?

They're not going to pick him in the team and he's not wanted at training anymore. They don't need his permission for that.

He's been released to resolve his mental health issues by going home.

What's the problem?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Why not?

They're not going to pick him in the team and he's not wanted at training anymore. They don't need his permission for that.

What's the problem?

Mate you well know that we are probably gonna have to negotiate a payout.

gitano

Juniors
Like Raiders only goood player has leaving the club.
Could somebody please be letting me know who won tonight?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why not?

What's the problem?

Because he’s under contract and it takes both parties to agree before you can terminate the contract. Just like he can’t come out and say he’s leaving at end of year regardless of what raiders say.