What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News George Williams quits Raiders

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
To think sticky has just had gig after gig regardless of results and state of clubs he has left in. But hey "premiership winning coach" will carry you for that long. Think how different things would be if he hadnt have had a premiership quality team assembled by graham murray and gifted over to him

betcats

Referee
FWIW I have no problem with Williams wanting to go home due to his pregnant missus and neither of them having family support at hand because of covid. But Sticks been pretty clear that he won't be farked around by players or managers anymore and I think he's seen Georgie calling in a sick as a ploy. How it makes the club looks to other players remains to be seen.

I really dont see how any player would think they have handled it well. The bloke basically asks for a mental health day or week and his immediate release is in the media before he even signs it. Then Hooper and Kent come out swinging criticizing Williams and praising Canberra for being so concerned with his well being. If I am a player I want no part of that shit show.

Johns Magic

Referee
The Raiders’ “we’re so ahead of the curve that we built a great squad around effective recruitment of Poms” was a real feel-good story until the rot set in. Not so warm and fuzzy now. Cheers Johnny Behtman.

f32c3f67ef066473a8fcbb5211967cc44aa3a530

davi

Juniors
Sticky having a falling out with a halfback that he coaches?

That can’t be right. Can it?

The thing that never made sense to me is why move Aiden Sezer along when you are making a grand final? I just never understood the reasoning behind it when it happened in 2019. In terms of chemistry team cohesion and so forth. Isn't it better to keep the team together? It was a strange decision to take. I'm pretty sure Sezer had another year left on his contract before he left for English Superleague. Sezer has suggested that it was the Raiders who didn't want him around.

myrrh ken

First Grade
The thing that never made sense to me is why move Aiden Sezer along when you are making a grand final? I just never understood the reasoning behind it when it happened in 2019. In terms of chemistry team cohesion and so forth. Isn't it better to keep the team together? It was a strange decision to take. I'm pretty sure Sezer had another year left on his contract before he left for English Superleague. Sezer has suggested that it was the Raiders who didn't want him around.

You could apply the reverse to Ben Hunt though

mongoose

Coach

Despite making the grand final Sezer never quite took control of the team, seemed to always struggle to get involved. I think a lot that was due to Hodgson being so dominant at hooker. I guess Sticky and the club just thought Williams would gel better with Hodgson and Wighton. We did make the prelim final last year, funnily without Sezer or Hodgson.

Clearly an unreliable source. What are the odds that an entire fanbase would forget this information, unless some sort of mass trauma was inflicted on them at this time?

I think considering the Raiders finished 15th in 2011 could be the "mass trauma".

Clearly an unreliable source. What are the odds that an entire fanbase would forget this information, unless some sort of mass trauma was inflicted on them at this time?

Ok then. This does prove it I'm afraid -

upload_2021-5-26_11-51-55.png

The above was taken from this page on the Official Canberra Raiders website - https://www.raiders.com.au/about/all-time-first-grade-player-list/

I will admit though I did draw in the red pen circle around his name for clarity, but that is the only alteration from the website.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Someone on reddit suggested that Georgie's tweet has been liked by the following:

• Jack Wighton

• Josh Papalii

• Hudson Young

• Joe Tapine

• Jordan Rapana

• Sia Soliola

• Bailey Simonsson

• Corey Harawira-Naera

• Curtis Scott

• Harley Smith Shields

• Charnze Nicol-Klokstad
Wonder what Ricky thinks?

t-ba

Post Whore
Someone on reddit suggested that Georgie's tweet has been liked by the following:

• Jack Wighton

• Josh Papalii

• Hudson Young

• Joe Tapine

• Jordan Rapana

• Sia Soliola

• Bailey Simonsson

• Corey Harawira-Naera

• Curtis Scott

• Harley Smith Shields

• Charnze Nicol-Klokstad

He is probably thinking it is time to buy another brain for the set.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

• Jack Wighton

• Josh Papalii

• Hudson Young

• Joe Tapine

• Jordan Rapana

• Sia Soliola

• Bailey Simonsson

• Corey Harawira-Naera

• Curtis Scott

• Harley Smith Shields

• Charnze Nicol-Klokstad