What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get behind the Reggies!

The Colonel

Immortal
greeneyed said:
Put it like this. How easy is it for Parramatta supporters to get to Leichhardt Oval? And how easy is it for Raiders supporters to get there?

As it has been transferred from the SFS, it should have been transferred to the home ground of the highest finishing PL side. Simple.

:-({|=

As I said previous - there were 12 people turn up to Brookvale to support the Eels outside of the players wives/girlfriends and management staff. There is no advantage to the Eels.

Its a NEUTRAL venue, a Premier League game of which only the diehard supporters attend. You'd think they were playing for Cattle Stations. :roll:

Anonymous

Juniors
Guys honestly who cares? It's not like 20,000 Eels supporters will front.

It's reserve grade at Leichardt. There'll bee 2000 people tops.

The Colonel

Immortal
greeneyed said:
I care. I could have gone, now most likely not.

And so Eels mods are now trolls.........

:lol:

No - I offered the details of the game and you reacted like you'd been eating sugar by the spoonful. Mods are allowed some fun too.

:lol:

I live in Sydney and I can't go to the game either - I was part of the twelve that went to Brooky. Its not a big deal - I'd rather we were playing first grade as I am sure you and the rest of the Canberra supporters would to.

jed

First Grade
keep sending us those "excess" players Colonel. Schif, Mogg, Hindy, Hodgo. Keep the next Drew for yourself though. :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
jed said:
keep sending us those "excess" players Colonel. Schif, Mogg, Hindy, Hodgo. Keep the next Drew for yourself though. :lol:

You've got your quota now Jed. Hinchy evens it up. Ian will be back next year so we'll find someone for you for next year.

BTW which player from your 2005 squad will sign with the Roosters next year? :lol:

greeneyed

First Grade
From today's CT:

Marshall's back to chalk up more tries
By Peter Fitzgerald
Thursday, 16 September 2004

Five tries in three first-grade matches is impressive enough, one would think.

The worrying thing for the Parramatta premier league side this week is new sensation Marshall Chalk hasn't even been playing in his preferred position in the top grade.

The 23-year-old returns to fullback in Saturday's elimination semi-final against the Eels after playing his three top-grade matches on the wing.

Chalk has played the majority of his football in the No1 jersey but with Clinton Schifcofske having that position secured in first grade, he has been on the wing.

Despite not disliking playing on the flank, Chalk is looking forward to returning to fullback on the weekend.

"I'm not too worried," he said.

"In first grade I played second fullback a bit anyway and spent a fair bit of time in the middle of the field which was good.

"I'm pretty comfortable back there and looking forward to getting back there."

After his short, yet dominant, stint in the Raiders' senior side - in which he scored four tries against the Rabbitohs a fortnight ago and another four-pointer in Sunday's loss to the Roosters - the former Ipswich Jet believes there will be more expectation on him to perform back in the lower grade.

Chalk sustained a corked right thigh during the loss to Sydney City on Sunday but was still able to train on Tuesday.

Despite the added expectation, he believes the pressure factor will be less.

"I guess I'm one of the senior players now back in premier league so I'll be expected to help lead the young guys around the paddock a bit more," he said.

"But in reserves, there's probably less pressure than first grade. We're pretty relaxed in reserves which is good."

Following the senior side's exit from the competition, the majority of players enjoyed a drinking session heading into their 'Mad Monday' earlier in the week but unfortunately for Chalk - along with Nathan Smith, Josh Miller, Jarred Lawrence and Phil Graham - he had to monitor just how much celebrating took place.

"Snoop [premier league coach Wayne Collins] told us after the match to enjoy the moment but to make sure we're ready to train by Tuesday," Chalk said.

"We had a few drinks but behaved ourselves as well.

"Everyone's looking forward to this weekend. I've played most of my year [in premier league] so I still feel part of the team which is good."

After his rapid rise at the top level, Chalk last week agreed to a new two-year contract to remain with the Raiders.

thickos

First Grade
Great to hear Chalk is staying on but he is another talent that is coming off contract in 2006.

It is going to be a nightmare retaining all of them and hopefully management make some early moves next year to wrap up people early on.

DJ Raida

Bench
Great to hear Chalk is staying on but he is another talent that is coming off contract in 2006.

It is going to be a nightmare retaining all of them and hopefully management make some early moves next year to wrap up people early on.
exactly

joel

Juniors
hrundi99... I'll be unable to drive up this weekend. I'll hope to be there the following week though.

hrundi99

First Grade
ball boy said:

Watched the tape of Sunday's game last night.

Couldn't help but notice that in the run out from the tunnel you make the extra special effort to get your mug on tv.

Good stuff. :lol: 8)