What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI to the Broncos

Razor

Coach
Maybe we need a whole sub board for Broncos/Inglis related threads..

Making a club pay other clubs because it makes money is stupid. What about us other 34% of share owners. "Oh sorry guys, no dividend this year.. We had to give all our money to other clubs."

They don't have to pay that. That's only if they demand to be exclusive. Remember the Broncos demanded NRL exclusivity for 10 years in the ARL-Super League merger. Also remember the proposed Crushers-Chargers-East Coast Tigers merger to play all games out of Suncorp was denied by the NRL.

The Broncos know that if there's a 2nd team, they won't be close to as successful as they are now.

lockyrulz

Juniors
LOL classic Gould.

This is the same guy who was involved in god knows how many poaching's from lesser clubs at his time at the roosters.

He hates the salary cap, yet never says what to do about it. He moans and moans that the NRL does nothing whilst players head to other codes. He states that third pary deals are fine, "players should be able to earn what they can"! Bee sting head yells at vossy on various episodes of the footy show.

So Inglis, a high profile player with rumors of a departure to the AFL, signs with the broncos. A club Inglis has stated he wants to go to, and has the capacity to offer the 3rd party deals to compete.

So what does Gus do? Now complains about the inevitable result of the changes to the salary cap that he whined and bitched and moaned for. He got what he wanted, now doesn't like the result.

So what does he do? Makes up some bullsh*t about News forcing Inglis to go to the broncos over any other club. His evidence of a conspiracy? zilch. It is as funny as watching Paul Kent on the Matty Johns show. He is convinced the broncos are over the cap. He on the other hand, wouldn't entertain any notion of shady dealing from news limited. He had no evidence either, I guess picking and choosing is the advantage you enjoy when you make random accusations with no evidence to support them.

Then Brisbane should have another team! Oh yea, that will fix everything!
A second Brisbane team creating a home based rivalry packing out suncorp stadium every week will cripple the broncos and stop situations like Inglis ever recurring. Not whilst you have 9 teams in Sydney it wont Gus.

I further look forward to the posters who will critcise me on this point before madly rushing off to other various threads about how the next expansion should waste a license at the Central Coast.

Like most of Gus opinions, they sound great at first, but when looked at in the context of his previous statements, his lack of any actual solutions, and dearth of evidence to support them, well you can see why Gallop can't be bothered talking to him anymore.

Razor

Coach
LOL classic Gould.

This is the same guy who was involved in god knows how many poaching's from lesser clubs at his time at the roosters.

He hates the salary cap, yet never says what to do about it. He moans and moans that the NRL does nothing whilst players head to other codes. He states that third pary deals are fine, "players should be able to earn what they can"! Bee sting head yells at vossy on various episodes of the footy show.

So Inglis, a high profile player with rumors of a departure to the AFL, signs with the broncos. A club Inglis has stated he wants to go to, and has the capacity to offer the 3rd party deals to compete.

So what does Gus do? Now complains about the inevitable result of the changes to the salary cap that he whined and bitched and moaned for. He got what he wanted, now doesn't like the result.

Because it's against the rules.

So what does he do? Makes up some bullsh*t about News forcing Inglis to go to the broncos over any other club. His evidence of a conspiracy?
He was still contracted to the Storm, they needed to approve any deal and release him. The Titans offered the full value of the Storm deal, so the Storm wouldn't have to pay a cent. The Broncos deal the Storm have to pay $40,000 which will come from their 2nd tier salary cap, money that would have otherwise gone to the lowly-paid players. Cullen has also said that the reported Inglis deal is worth much less than reported, which means the Storm needs to pay even more. Why wouldn't the club release a player to the club that makes them pay nothing at all.

It is as funny as watching Paul Kent on the Matty Johns show. He is convinced the broncos are over the cap.
When the Storm were caught, he said he thought every club except the Sharks are.

He on the other hand, wouldn't entertain any notion of shady dealing from news limited. He had no evidence either, I guess picking and choosing is the advantage you enjoy when you make random accusations with no evidence to support them.
He works for them so would know more than you.

Then Brisbane should have another team! Oh yea, that will fix everything!
A second Brisbane team creating a home based rivalry packing out suncorp stadium every week will cripple the broncos and stop situations like Inglis ever recurring.
Some of those players like Inglis would sign with the other team rather than the Broncos

I further look forward to the posters who will critcise me on this point before madly rushing off to other various threads about how the next expansion should waste a license at the Central Coast.
Broncos fans are the fans most opposed to a 2nd Brisbane team

Last edited:

lockyrulz

Juniors
Because it's against the rules.[/QUOTE]

What is? Evidence?

He was still contracted to the Storm, they needed to approve any deal and release him. The Titans offered the full value of the Storm deal, so the Storm wouldn't have to pay a cent. The Broncos deal the Storm have to pay $40,000 which will come from their 2nd tier salary cap, money that would have otherwise gone to the lowly-paid players. Cullen has also said that the reported Inglis deal is worth much less than reported, which means the Storm needs to pay even more. Why wouldn't the club release a player to the club that makes them pay nothing at all

Possibly because Inglis wanted to go to the broncos.

When the Storm were caught, he said he thought every club except the Sharks are.

So what?

He works for them so would know more than you.

Right so Brunco Cullen knows more than you about whther the Inglis deal is legit. My god you make this easy...

Some of those players like Inglis would sign with the other team rather than the Broncos

Gee ya think? All you will end up with is two powerful clubs your sh*t stain of a drug addled club wont have a hope of competing with financially.

Ok, I look forward to you arguing with all the Sydney fans about ditching the Central coast for a second Brisbane bid.

Razor

Coach
What is? Evidence?

Gould doesn't think there should be a salary cap and all third-party deals should be allowed. However the rules don't allow for that. There are limits.

Possibly because Inglis wanted to go to the broncos.

But if he went to the Titans the Storm didn't have to pay Inglis a cent. By going to the Broncos $40,000 that would otherwise have been spread amongst very low-paid players will be going to Inglis. Why would any club take money away from those that need it the most who are still with them to pay an ex-player.

You were getting all upset with him accusing the Broncos of being over the cap on Thursday. I just said that he thinks all clubs bar the Sharks are. So you're not alone.

Right so Brunco Cullen knows more than you about whther the Inglis deal is legit. My god you make this easy...

He has a reason to hide it.

Gee ya think?

You're the one who said it wouldn't affect the Broncos. It would because not all players that want to play in Brisbane would have 2 clubs to choose from.

Ok, I look forward to you arguing with all the Sydney fans about ditching the Central coast for a second Brisbane bid.

CC Bears fans want the central coast of course. But fans of other clubs currently playing in the NRL want the likes of Perth, Brisbane before Central Coast. Broncos fans want clubs anywhere but Brisbane.

Snappy

Coach
Just another winge from gus. He's the biggest winger of anyone involved with the NRL. We were able to sign Inglis cause we are losing Falou. Do you want us to apologise for being the only team in Brisbane ? Take that up with the NRL. While Im happy for a second team in Brisbane/Ipwich, im not going to change allegenicies after following a team for 20 years. Im sure though that there would be plenty of people that would support another team. Personally I dont think a second team would have much impact on the Bronocs sponsors or third party deals.

I would also welcome and appreciate a full audit of the Bronocs books. Finally we could shut all you pricks up. Do you really think the broncos would do a shady deal to get Inglis in this climate ? As if the NRL is not going to audit the broncos this year.

Razor

Coach
Just another winge from gus. He's the biggest winger of anyone involved with the NRL. We were able to sign Inglis cause we are losing Falou.

You signed Hannant with Folaus money. And as Cullen said in 2008 Folau was on considerably less than $400k

Do you want us to apologise for being the only team in Brisbane ? Take that up with the NRL.
It was the Broncos who demanded Brisbane exclusively for 10 years in the ARL-Super League merger.

Personally I dont think a second team would have much impact on the Bronocs sponsors or third party deals.
It's a fact of life. It will. There's only as certain amount of money. That money will be divided between the 2 clubs.

As if the NRL is not going to audit the broncos this year.
They do regular audits all the time. But the full audits with all books, not just the book they give to the NRL, is what was done with the Storm.

Snappy

Coach
If you want to play it that way. Then we signed Inglis with the Money from Sims x 2, Setu, Winterstien, and others. We're not in the old merger anymore. Think waht you like, but the sponsors will want to stick with the proven winning team. Bring on any audit you like. Send everything to doillett and get it all in the open. Nothing to hide. Now your turn to winge like a stuck pig a bit more.

boxhead

First Grade
I like the Broncos, and I say good luck to them; I don't think they are over the salary cap at all.
However, I do agree with Gus' article.

Razor

Coach
If you want to play it that way. Then we signed Inglis with the Money from Sims x 2, Setu, Winterstien, and others.

The younger Sims wasn't in the 25-man squad so he's irrelevant, as the top-tier salary cap only covers the 25-man squad. And what others?

At least 3 of the players have had contracts upgraded for next year.

All players who leave have to be replaced, with someone on at least $55k. They can't have a 20-man squad. It must be a 25-man squad with a minimum wage of $55k

We're not in the old merger anymore.
The 10 years only ended in 2007. No new teams since then

Think waht you like, but the sponsors will want to stick with the proven winning team.

There is only a certain amount of money out there. Companies spend that money. If there's more teams to choose from, then some money will be diverted to that team away from other teams. Anyone that thinks the Broncos sponsorship won't be any less with a new team is an idiot.

Bring on any audit you like. Send everything to doillett and get it all in the open. Nothing to hide. Now your turn to winge like a stuck pig a bit more.

The full audits won't do anything if they don't have the books. They only found out about the extra Storm book at someones house after a disgruntled ex-employee tipped off the NRL, and then a Storm receptionist handed them a document that mentioned another book. The NRL then went to the home and he admitted it and handed them the real book. They need to know something exists before auditing it.

Last edited:

Snappy

Coach
I believe you are the idiot so theres no point arguing with you. what more could i expect from logan anyways.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Gould doesn't think there should be a salary cap and all third-party deals should be allowed. However the rules don't allow for that. There are limits.

No sh*t sherlock, and the broncos have a greater capacity then most clubs to garner them, hence Inglis. Keeping up?

But if he went to the Titans the Storm didn't have to pay Inglis a cent. By going to the Broncos $40,000 that would otherwise have been spread amongst very low-paid players will be going to Inglis. Why would any club take money away from those that need it the most who are still with them to pay an ex-player.

Go ask them. You and I have NFI. You especially.

You were getting all upset with him accusing the Broncos of being over the cap on Thursday. I just said that he thinks all clubs bar the Sharks are. So you're not alone.

I think he spoke a load of sh*t, much like you and Gus, hence my point.

He has a reason to hide it.

Well then so would Kent you moron.

You're the one who said it wouldn't affect the Broncos. It would because not all players that want to play in Brisbane would have 2 clubs to choose from.

It wouldn't. there are more than enough quality players to sustain 2 very strong Brisbane teams. Christ do you have to have everything explained to you twice?

CC Bears fans want the central coast of course. But fans of other clubs currently playing in the NRL want the likes of Perth, Brisbane before Central Coast. Broncos fans want clubs anywhere but Brisbane.

What crap. I've seen countless posters here from other Sydney clubs arguing for Perth and CC over a second Brisbane team. Go bore them dumb ass.

Razor

Coach
Go ask them. You and I have NFI. You especially.

News Ltd sacked their "independent" directors when they didn't do what they want and drop the lawsuit against the NRL. The "independent" directors had also previously said Inglis was going nowhere. News Ltd sacked the "independent" directors for not doing what they wanted. And the new directors supported the release. So News Ltd must have wanted the release. If they didn't then News Ltd should sack their new directors for incompetence as taking money away from your own players than need it the most to pay an ex-player when they didn't need to do that, shows great incompetence.

And Inglis agreed to a $100k paycut, but is insisting on still being paid $40k that should be paid to some of his former team mates. Those that need it the most. Shows what a greedy selfish little slime he is. If he's willing to take a $100K cut for the love of playing for the Broncos, why not a $140k cut? It was Inglis that desperately wanted to come here so if Inglis had any class he should have insisted that any deal means no money should be taken from other players.

Razor

Coach
Well then so would Kent you moron.

He doesn't work for the Broncos moron.

He works for another company owned by News Ltd.

It's interesting that in this mornings Sunday Mail, it says "A panelist on Matty Johns show said", no mention of it being Kent or even a News Ltd journo despite Kent being extremely well known.

Iafeta

Referee
The Gould article was typical agenda laiden stuff. The general gist of it wasn't all bad though. I prefer the Adrian Proszenko article. Salary cap equitable distribution is supposed to be based on controlling the variables so that each club has roughly the same resources. The fact that the likes of Lockyer are evidently listed as $250K when they can command $500k elsewhere means to me that the system has a very serious flaw. Full credit to Brisbane, they've obviously worked hard in their marketing to ensure they have the backing resources in the third party market, it seems a little bit inequitable for those in small markets such as Canberra, North Queensland and Canberra though. I've always liked watching Brisbane so this comment isn't meant to show a distrust of them, but to me it kind of sullies their amazing record of consecutive finals appearances. We desperately need to get a second Brisbane team into the competition to start spreading Brisbane third party deals.

user_nat

Coach

I can't speak for all of us, but i don't think that's true. I would really like a second Brisbane/SEQ team. Great for a rivalry and gives me another team to cheer for over Sydney teams. :p

I just don't think it will have the effect a lot of you want (to weaken the Broncos). Instead it will just create a second team that has an advantage over the Sydney/smaller market teams. So what happens then.. 3rd team? Should we just keep filling Brisbane with teams until they are equally weak to Sydney teams?

gUt

Coach
I think a second team based out of Brisbane (or Logan/Ipswich/Moreton Shire) and playing out of Suncorp makes perfect sense and I'd like to see it. Ideally it would be a relocated Sydney club.

hellteam

First Grade
I would be happy with another team. I don't know where all these Broncos fans that don't want another team are.

If anything, it could possibly further enhance the Broncos brand. Rugby League would be all over the papers, people aren't going to stop supporting the Broncos because another team came in.

What the hell - let's do it. Only problem for you guys is is that it won't 'weaken' the Broncos at all.

Didgi

This is awesome.

"One club is better than the rest, so instead of bringing the other clubs up to its level we're going to kneecap the most successful club in the game financially and on the field"

:roll: