What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI to the Broncos

lockyrulz

Juniors
He doesn't work for the Broncos moron.

He works for another company owned by News Ltd.

It's interesting that in this mornings Sunday Mail, it says "A panelist on Matty Johns show said", no mention of it being Kent or even a News Ltd journo despite Kent being extremely well known.

He works for news ltd, hence his comment clearing news ltd would have the same aspersions you applied to Bruno, f**k you're dumb..

Razor

Coach
He works for news ltd, hence his comment clearing news ltd would have the same aspersions you applied to Bruno, f**k you're dumb..

Hahaha f**k I'm dumb? hahahahahahaha f**k you're dumb

He doesn't work for the Broncos. He works for News Ltd.

Massively huge difference.

Kent has no reason to hide the Broncos cheating, Cullen does. As Cullen is working for the company that Kent is accusing. Kent works for a sister company of the Broncos, but not the Broncos. They both have the same parent company.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Hahaha f**k I'm dumb? hahahahahahaha f**k you're dumb

He doesn't work for the Broncos. He works for News Ltd.

Massively huge difference.

Kent has no reason to hide the Broncos cheating, Cullen does. As Cullen is working for the company that Kent is accusing. Kent works for a sister company of the Broncos, but not the Broncos. They both have the same parent company.

OMFG.... You are so thick it defies belief...

Try, just freakin try and use what little brain matter you have to understand the point I made.

I said

"Kent would not hear of any shady dealings from news ltd"

You replied with

"he works for them, he should know"

I replied with

"well Cullen works for the broncos so he should know to"

You said

"He has a reason to lie"

I said

"then so does Kent as he is affiliated with news"

Get it yet spastic? If Kent knows that news were not involved in shady dealings, then logically so does Cullen re: the broncos. If we apply your argument that Cullen has a reason to lie due to affiliations, then Kent equally has a reason to lie due to his affiliation with news ltd.

Get it yet you drug addled genius?

bfoord

Juniors
The Gould article was typical agenda laiden stuff. The general gist of it wasn't all bad though. I prefer the Adrian Proszenko article. Salary cap equitable distribution is supposed to be based on controlling the variables so that each club has roughly the same resources. The fact that the likes of Lockyer are evidently listed as $250K when they can command $500k elsewhere means to me that the system has a very serious flaw. Full credit to Brisbane, they've obviously worked hard in their marketing to ensure they have the backing resources in the third party market, it seems a little bit inequitable for those in small markets such as Canberra, North Queensland and Canberra though. I've always liked watching Brisbane so this comment isn't meant to show a distrust of them, but to me it kind of sullies their amazing record of consecutive finals appearances. We desperately need to get a second Brisbane team into the competition to start spreading Brisbane third party deals.

the reason that Locky is listed at 250k under the cap is because he gets the long serving player allowance (which he wouldn't get if the left the Broncos) and they use their marquee player allowance on him as well. so with those 2 things added he would be on 450k - remember he took a paycut to stay with the Broncos.

Bman26

Juniors
the reason that Locky is listed at 250k under the cap is because he gets the long serving player allowance (which he wouldn't get if the left the Broncos) and they use their marquee player allowance on him as well. so with those 2 things added he would be on 450k - remember he took a paycut to stay with the Broncos.

Not having a dig but thats what was in the media re: most of melbournes players when they re-signed. Take the "He took a paycut" line with a grain of salt, i know i will be from now on.

some11

Referee
I would be happy with another team. I don't know where all these Broncos fans that don't want another team are.

If anything, it could possibly further enhance the Broncos brand. Rugby League would be all over the papers, people aren't going to stop supporting the Broncos because another team came in.

What the hell - let's do it. Only problem for you guys is is that it won't 'weaken' the Broncos at all.

Broncos season member here, give us another team. Razor is a bell-end. :lol:

macavity

Referee
spot on Gus.

Particulary like the ideas of 1) the Broncos paying an exclusivity fee, and 2) the Broncos paying for the Storm. They should be doing both.

lockyrulz

Juniors
spot on Gus.

Particulary like the ideas of 1) the Broncos paying an exclusivity fee, and 2) the Broncos paying for the Storm. They should be doing both.

Good you can pay an exclusivity fee for Newcastle and pay for the sharks.

What utter rubbish, you all want 9 Sydney teams, deal with the fall out.

AuDragon

Juniors
If anyone can't see how Gus is using this GI affair in favour of his own crusade againt the NRL and its administration, better get himself a red and white cane.

He knows better than anyone how to stir the masses, and he sure as hell will get plenty of support from the envious majority in NSW.

But the hipocrisy of someone who hates the salary cap having this rant against the most successful club in the NRL and suggesting they should fund the Storm doesn't come accross as a conflict of interest to him? I wonder what he and other would say if the Broncos beat the Storm a couple of times in 2011...

Finally Gus, News DOES NOT own the Broncos, they have the major (but not controlling) share!

We must be instilling fear and envy as we're hated again. Welcome back Broncos! \\\\:D/

BDH

Juniors
when Newcastle has the population of Brisbane, and the Knights have knifed Rugby League in the back, then we talk.

You poor blind fool.

The Broncos didn't knife RL in the back you ARL blinded fool. The Broncos (club and players) showed Australian RL players an alternative, a view to professional greatness.

The very same thing that the NRL is only now starting to move toward, the very same thing all you numbskulls whinge about when players leave to ESL/Union/AFL, the very same thing which would possibly have allowed ALL your dumb 9 Sydney teams to survive.

But instead of negotiating, the ARL decided to take the mentality of a 8 year old boy, took their ball went home and refused to negotiate terms with the News Ltd structure.

Which is it? Tradition and teams full of $100k players playing QRL quality footy (which is what half this forum have whinged about all year) or professional clubs, with high quality players, getting paid high allowances, displaying the highest quality of RL in the World? (Which is what ANY comp world-wide which allows the free enterprise that SL wanted, displays, i.e. Premier League, NFL, MLB, etc.)

You can't have it both ways; either Sydneysiders are happy with the current form of the competition (struggling clubs and caliber of players) or they aren't and therefore can't decry SL and what it offered.

Which is it?
Or don't answer and simply start another thread about how News Ltd is destroying the game, blah blah.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
"I'm not saying our books are the cleanest"

Quote of the year.

Clubs other than Melbourne fined for salary cap breaches in 2010:

Brisbane Broncos - $17,045
St George Illawarra Dragons - $22,500
Parramatta Eels - $25,000
Canberra Raiders - $1,996
Sydney Roosters - $7,246

If only stupidity was painful.

AuDragon

Juniors

Brutus

Referee
Any parting words Bruno before you depart?

"I'm not saying our books are the cleanest"

Stop saying that Bruno, you are sending the RL community into a frenzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ok then, our paper thingys are just a little bit dirty"

Bruno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!