What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI to the Broncos

macavity

Referee
The Broncos were always hated, right back since they entered the comp with Wally Lewis as captain, its just a few other teams have stolen the limelight from them over the past decade or so. The Roosters in the early 2000's when under Ricky Stuart then the Storm with their grapple tackling and cap rorting, but the Broncos and also Manly were hated long before that and still are. Noone likes them pretty much apart from their own fans. The way it should be.

common denominator - all completely unethical, on and off the park.

Bring on the hate! It's more jealousy than anything. As much as Macavity tries to deny it. waaa Broncos are killing our game because they are too awesome and my own club is a complete joke.

lockyrulz

Juniors
common denominator - all completely unethical, on and off the park.

LOLZ from a guy who supports a team that has included

1. An alleged sexual assaulter
2. A drug cheat.
3. A consistent recreational drug user who by his own admission stated his club almost certainly knew about it, yet never reported.
4. Two recent players currently facing drug charges.

Drugcastle, the epitome of ethics..

hellteam

First Grade
He was a Roosters junior. That is 100% fact.

He played his junior footy in Brisbane (Logan Brothers), then yes he was signed by the Roosters but then was let go after under 20's. He came back to Brisbane to sign with Easts Tigers (NOT with the Broncos), and then the Broncos invited him to do pre-season with them that year (like they do with a few players from Easts, Wynnum, other feeder clubs), and he went so well that he made the Round 1 side.

badav

Bench
He was a Roosters junior. That is 100% fact.

I didn't know the Gold Coast was part of Eastern Sydney. Thanks for the info mate. Razor sharp as ever you are.

Also anyone who takes Macativities pissing in the wind / bitter and jealous rants seriously needs to reconsider.

Last edited:
LOLZ from a guy who supports a team that has included

1. An alleged sexual assaulter
2. A drug cheat.
3. A consistent recreational drug user who by his own admission stated his club almost certainly knew about it, yet never reported.
4. Two recent players currently facing drug charges.

Drugcastle, the epitome of ethics..
and alll the broncos signed up to be coached by wayne bennett...and still stayed under the cap...rriigghtttttttt

macavity

Referee
"jealous" infers I want what the Broncos have. Nothing could be further from the truth.

What I feel is pure, unadulterated hate for everything that the third reich of the NRL represents.

We sacked the alleged sexual assulter, doogs has a medical issue, and I don't see how recreational drug use is an ethical issue at all.

typical broncomerkins, deflect, deflect, deflect...

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
"jealous" infers I want what the Broncos have. Nothing could be further from the truth.

What I feel is pure, unadulterated hate for everything that the third reich of the NRL represents.

We sacked the alleged sexual assulter, doogs has a medical issue, and I don't see how recreational drug use is an ethical issue at all.

Jealousy-Poster--34357.jpg

icewind

Juniors

i'm sure joey could deflect with greater speed than we ever could. plus there is a huge difference between some poor choices of a few individuals, and an ongoing culture of covering over drug addiction which was allegedly known by the club and definitely known by many in the community.

gUt

Coach
It's a problem at all levels of society and rich football stars are arguably more at risk of making drug-related mistakes than most.

Especially if their team mates are dealers.

Big Pete

Referee
So every club is unethical?

Okay, cool.

So what separates the Broncos from places like Cronulla and Newcastle...

Success?

Bingo.

AuDragon

Juniors
The most successful sporting clubs in the world, like ManUtd, Real Madrid or AC Milan, are also the most hated clubs in their countries. Not surprising this is also the case with the Brisbane Broncos!

And when confronted with their jealousy, they all answer in similar terms, all of them putting their tin foil hat on.

tinfoilhat300.jpg
(unfunny jpeg)

They would probably be better off sticking their head in their... cavities! :lol: (unfunny joke)

badav

Bench

I don't think too many people in the real world would be worried about what goes on inside your head. Whatever makes you sleep at night champ.